We are at the beginning of a very interesting journey to eventually establish work spaces and accommodation in Panama.
But before we start, we’d love to figure out how Panama is perceived by you, US time zone and currency are any advantages ? Would you prefer more urbanic or beachfront locations ?
All feedback will be highly appreciated.
🗯 Forum replies
I’ve been looking for some good tax advisors that specialize in international tax planning with no success. Seems like these guys work mostly with big corporations and not freelancers.
I’ve found some answers but since this is a lot of money in terms of taxes, I want to be sure and consult some professional first.
Topic to discuss are:
- where to incorporate to lower taxes with consideration to having good banking and payment processors options (Stripe, Braintree availability)
- does IP/patent tax regime also apply for software development consultancy? Example: Luxembourg has about 5% tax for IP related income vs 29% for anything else
- tax treaties
- advanced tax ruling options
- risk of big tax policy changes
- best method to pay myself: dividends vs salary with consideration to visa policies, tax rates and "anti disguised employment” laws in specific countries
This stuff is not trivial.