Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (635K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,993) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI โœจ  Applicant AI ๐Ÿ’Ž  Clarity AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

After extending a Philippines tourist visa, can you leave the country and come back in on that visa?

in Philippines by @kaizenpreneur 7yr  | 3 comments

Hello,

Iโ€™m in the Philippines currently on a the standard 30 day tourist visa. Iโ€™m planning on spending an extended period of time here with the odd joint here and there around S.E.Asia.

I am aware that you can now extend your visa in 60 day blocks without leaving the country. However, if i were to extend it by 60 days and then decide I want to leave for a few days to another country.

Would exiting the country then null and void that visa and when I return I would start again on the 30-day tourist visa. Or does it allow multi-entry?

Just trying to work out whether it is worth paying for the extension or itโ€™s better to try and fit any trips out within the 30 day periods that I get.

One side point is that I am interested in getting the photo ID card which I believe you get after a couple of extensions which may allow me to open a local bank account.

It would be great to hear from anyone in a similar position as this or who has experience with this.

Thanks in advance

Jon

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Really helpful on both accounts - thanks both for the replies :+1:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@busdriver 7yr

I think you would need to get a new visa on arrival is you come back. It also takes a few days to process your extension if I remember right (I was there just 2 month ago for 2 month). It just recently changed and it now takes them a few days in which you would not have your passport.

So if you plan to leave and it fits, just leave before you have to extent or overstay a few days and pay the fine (not too long, but a day or two usually causes no harm, just a small fine, but thatโ€™s on you to decide)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@rimu 7yr

Hi Jon,

Once you leave the country the visa you had is finished and when you return youโ€™ll be getting a new one. It is not multiple entry.

The ACR card is compulsory for anyone staying in the country longer than a few months (I canโ€™t remember the exact amount but itโ€™s > 2 and <= 6) all banks require one to let you open an account. Some require the permanent resident version of the ACR card but you will only have the tourist version. There are additional requirements that vary from bank to bank and branch to branch within banks. BDO requires you to have been in the country for 6+ months, PNB requires an average balance of 50,000 PHP (this is insane. The average balance in BPI is only required to be 200 peso and most banks are about 2000), BPI requires incredible patience because all their branches are rammed with customers, they all want to see proof of your address (lease agreement, utility bill in your name), etc etc etc.

I spent several hours walking around several banks before giving up as the only proof of my address I had was the receipts my landlord gives me.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How does Ireland tourist visa length and recurrence work?

in Ireland by @nrgetik 4yr 4 years ago  | 2 comments

Iโ€™m planning a stint in Ireland and Iโ€™m wondering about the 90-day tourist visa. Official information just mentions the 90-day limit without elaboration. Is it akin to Schengen where itโ€™s counted against the most recent 180-day period? Iโ€™m asking because I might like to take trips to the continent flying out of Dublin, but I donโ€™t know how I should account for the days Iโ€™m gone if I do that. Do I stop the 90-day clock for Ireland while Iโ€™m away, or should I make sure Iโ€™m gone from Ireland <= 90 days after my initial arrival date, regardless of where else I go during that interval, just to be safe? What have others done?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is it easy to renew your tourist visa for 6 months in Colombia?

in Colombia by @julien 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

Hello everyone,
I will come to live in Colombia for one year.
What is the best solution with the Visa?
I thought to have a Visa for tourists for 3 months and renewal the visa for 6 months. Is that hard to renewal a tourist Visa in Colombia?
Thank you for your help.
Best,
Julien

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I ensure that getting refused entry to the UK won't keep me from getting an Australian 462 (work and holiday) visa?

in Australia by @allisonkirschbaum 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

On New Yearโ€™s Day this year, I was refused entry to the UK due to not having proof of funds, an outward-bound plane ticket (I was road-tripping out with a friend via car) and not being able to prove that I had indeed canceled the lease on the apartment I had leased during a prior recent trip.

I havenโ€™t had any entry issues to any of the several countries Iโ€™ve visited after, but now Iโ€™m applying for a 462 visa (work and holiday) visa in Australia, and since Australia and the UK share an immigration info system, I want to make sure getting refused entry wonโ€™t keep me from getting a visa. None of the issues that cropped up in the UK (the proof of funds, the plane ticket, and the apartment) will be an issue in Australia, as Iโ€™ve never traveled there before, donโ€™t know anyone and will have proof of more than sufficient funds for the trip and an outbound plane ticket.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to make the approval process go as smoothly as possible?

Many thanks in advance! :smiley:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Can I enter Thailand on a tourist visa and obtain an education visa there?

in Thailand by @hydrofog 6yr 6 years ago  | 7 comments

As an American Citizen, would it be safe to fly into Thailand without a visa? You can get a 30 day upon entry right?

The reason I ask is, Iโ€™m in the process of getting my passport. Iโ€™d like to leave basically as soon as my passport arrives in the mail. Iโ€™m unable to apply for a Thai Visa until I have my passport, so that would require an even longer wait.

Would I be able to fly into Thailand with no visa, then get a 30 day entry, then apply for an education visa while inside the country? Once I go, Iโ€™d like to not have to return to the US. I donโ€™t mind if I have to take a bus/flight to a neighboring country for however long if I must leave while I wait for an education visa.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do you manage receiving mail without a permanent address in the Philippines?

in Philippines by @kaizenpreneur 7yr 7 years ago  | 3 comments

Hello all,

I have a mail management service in the UK which all my mail gets sent to. This works fine 90% of the time and most can be dealt with digitally.

The other 10%, I need the mail sent on to me, which they do offer as a service. However, where I struggle is giving them an address to send it to in the Philippines, namely Manila.

Iโ€™ve used DHL for really important stuff, like bank cards, but it would be nice to have an address where I can forward certain mail. Anyone been able to set something up like this in the Philippines? Would a virtual office allow me to receive mail?

Thanks in advance

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Extending Thai visa immediately after entering possible?

by @gonchs 7yr 7 years ago  | 3 comments

I tried googling this for hours without success.

If I enter Thailand on single entry 60-day visa, can I extend it for +30 days (for a total of 90 days) IMMEDIATELY the next day after the entry?

E.g. entering on Aug 1 and extending it on Aug 2. Have anyone done this?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are the Philippines good for solo digital nomads?

in Philippines by @lopesrosanna 7yr 7 years ago  | 16 comments

Hi there,

Iโ€™ve been wanting to visit the Philippines for a while. I need a stable connection to make skype calls and get my work done. I have some questions:

• If Iโ€™d spend a total of 2/ 3 months there, and would stay minimum 3 weeks and max 1.5 months in one place, which would you advise me to visit?
  • Any coworking spaces in those places? How is the Wifi availability in cafeโ€™s/ restaurants?
  • Places to absolutely avoid?
  • Is it safe for a woman alone?
  • Is it easy to meet other nomads there?
  • Is it easy to mingle with locals?
  • What was your average spending per month?
  • Best time to visit?
  • Any major events that I should experience?
  • Howโ€™s the food?
  • Any other Philippines tips?

I know some of these questions are relative, but please give me your own honest opinion and advice.

Thanks!
Rosanna

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anyone registered a company in Japan as a means to acquiring a visa?

in Japan by @kko 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Iโ€™ve done reading on this topic but wanted to see if anyone actually had experience doing something like this personally. Iโ€™m thinking of setting up a GK (Godo Kaisha), which is equivalent to an LLC, as a branch of my Delaware-registered corporation for my startup, and granting myself a work visa through this new entity so that I can stay in Japan long-term.

Iโ€™m curious about how long the process can take, what the lawyer fees might look like, and what obligations one has post-incorporation. Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which country is the easiest to get a Self Employed Visa?

by @msurocks99 7yr 7 years ago  | 4 comments

Dear Digital Nomads,

I am looking for a place where I can get easily a Digital Nomad visa i.e Self Employed VISA

• Can be any place of the earth, No choice of continents
  • Comparatively decent living costs
  • Less paper work and faster processing
  • Less bank balance requirements, less complicity

Please share with me the locations you prefer for living as a Self- Employed Base. I am from South Asia(Bangladesh), thatโ€™s why Its tough for me to get Visaโ€™s generally for travelling.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which travel resource has helped you the most on your journey from tourist to traveler?

by @et 8yr 8 years ago  | 8 comments

Hi guys,

Iโ€™ve been thinking a lot lately about my travel experiences over the last few years. I started looking at old travel photos and one thing led to anotherโ€ฆ

While getting nostalgic, I began to ponder over the ways in which my travel has changed over the years. I thought about how much time Iโ€™d spent, perhaps needlessly, before my travels in a more anxious, static lifestyle, confined to my comfort zone, and essentially ignorant to so many of the many benefits a life of perpetual travel has to offer.

I began to ask, if I could go back 10 years and give myself some advice which could get me to travel sooner, what might I have said?

This got me thinking:

Thereโ€™s so much valuable content about the travel process scattered across various books, blogs, forums, and videos. Frankly itโ€™s overwhelming, and I consider myself to be a relatively experienced traveler. I can only imagine what this would be like for someone whoโ€™s perhaps just beginning to consider taking the travel leap for the first time - Let alone becoming a perpetual traveler.

Was wondering if I had a free, centralized resource which pooled together the expert travelerโ€™s experiences, in a simplified step by step fashion, would I have begun travelling sooner? An inspiring collaboration of sorts, which is continually updated to reflect the latest trends and tools in travel.

Does this exist? Is there a resource which helped you transition from aspiring traveler to nomad?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone using this place in Cebu?

in Cebu , Philippines by @pashley 8yr 8 years ago  | 5 comments

Going by the website, this shared work space sounds good:

Does anyone here have actual experience with it?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Schengen tourist visa - legal to work for home companies?

by @lefnire 8yr 8 years ago  | 33 comments

So I know itโ€™s illegal to work in Europe for European companies without a work visa / permit. Iโ€™m also aware of the Germany freelancer visa, which lets you work in Germany legally for 3 years (but Iโ€™m not stationing in Germany; I want to hop hop hop). I see many digital nomads programming on the road, making income from American companies on a Schengen tourist visa. Of course this seems fine, since itโ€™s brining American dollars into Europe. But is it legal? Has anyone had experiences / conversations with immigration, or seen this discussed anywhere online? My Google fu fails me here.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best/non-tourist places in Malaysia in Jan?

in Malaysia by @kathrynoh 8yr 8 years ago  | 2 comments

Iโ€™m planning on travelling from Australia to the UK in Jan. I booked flights with a stopover in Malaysia for 2 weeks planning on going to Penang for that but wasnโ€™t thinking that itโ€™ll be peak tourist season!

Since I hate being in busy places, I am now reconsidering and wondered if there was anywhere with decent working spaces/cafes/accommodation that wonโ€™t be too overcrowded. The alternative is to just hang out in KL. Iโ€™ve been there a few times and wanted to try somewhere new but maybe holing up and having a work โ€œbootcampโ€ for the two weeks might be a better idea :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the difference between Cebu and Davao?

in Davao , Philippines by @miles 8yr 8 years ago  | 8 comments

My wife and I are planning on spending a month or two in the Philippines from mid December through mid January. We have many teammates there and plan to travel to meet each of them, but want a โ€˜home baseโ€™ for the duration of the stay.

We love being near the beach, stand up paddle boarding, we are novice surfers and we enjoy being able to walk around and access local restaurants, stores, shops, beaches, etc.

Internet speeds donโ€™t worry us much as we lived in Mexico last year and dealt with slow internet without issue.

Access to healthy/organic foods is a big plus for usโ€ฆ

Just trying to figure out if anyone has any insight on these two option in the Philippines that may help us make a decision.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Experience with e-Tourist Visas in India anyone?

in India by @them 8yr 8 years ago  | 7 comments

Hi all,

did anyone (with a EU Passport) ever got a e-Tourist Visa for India? Visa regulations in India change quite often, so I am wondering, if it is actually possible to get the e-Tourist Visa (eTV) that is issued on arrival.

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's a normal rate for accomodation in Manila?

in Manila , Philippines by @acdc 8yr 8 years ago  | 4 comments

Coming here for business for 1st-30th June. Accommodation seems very expensive even a way out of the city, around $700 USD for anything remotely decent. Two bedroom (ideal, meeting someone) is around $1200 USDโ€ฆ almost more than you can get on Air BnB in Australia for something thatโ€™s way out in the burbs & low quality.

Any ideas or is this normal rate? Hardly the super cheap haven Iโ€™ve read about :frowning:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is there 4G in Boracay, Philippines?

in Boracay , Philippines by @avermat 9yr 9 years ago  | 12 comments

There was a lot of talk about 4G coming to Boracay a few years ago, but I donโ€™t hear much about Internet speeds there these days. I get the impression that real-world connection speeds are super slow? If Iโ€™m willing to pay for it can I get a fast+reliable connection?

Are speed tests like this one an urban legend?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Ukraine Tourist Visa from US

in Ukraine by @keckjs2233 9yr 9 years ago  | 1 comment

Hey everyone,

Thinking about spending some time in Odessa, Ukraine. Not sure if the current political climate is open to US tourists. I have seen on basic immigration sites that at 90 day stint is allowable, but I have friends who have been denied from going to Crimea (which seems to be more linked to the current conflict). Not sure if it is worth buying a flight. If anyone has input l greatly appreciate it.

Jason

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I change my Thailand single entry visa to a double or triple entry visa?

in Thailand by @travelingtoad 9yr 9 years ago  | 2 comments

I picked up my Thailand visa today. I wanted a double or triple entry visa but forgot to specify this in my application. This is my first visa ever and thus a rookie mistake. I told the lady who gave me my visa that I had made a mistake and asked how I could get a double instead. She was of zero help unfortunately and said maybe next time.

But I know there is a way! Any help is greatly appreciated. I fly out on Friday, July 3 so my time is kind of limited although I can apply for a visa and pick it up just 2 days later.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

For a 30 day multiple entry visa, can your return flight be after 30 days?

by @theunisk 9yr 9 years ago  | 3 comments

I am heading to Istanbul soonโ€ฆ I have a multiple entry visa valid for a 30 day stay within a 180 day period. I intend to spend a week or so in Istanbul and then travel onward, eventually returning to Istanbul in October for my return flight. So I will not be there for longer than 30 days - but I donโ€™t yet have any proof of an onward journey as I would prefer to keep my plans flexible. Could this cause any trouble?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
635ms