Any "digital nomads" in Playa del Carmen?

What are the good spots to meet online entrepreneurs/location independent people? I’m moving there next week.

Definitely have a look to Coworking Nest.
They are all there !! http://coworkingnest.com.mx/en/
I had the best time when I was there in January for 2 months !

1 Like

Hey Kittytana. Playa is my home base but I’m currently in Europe for the summer. I’ll be back in Playa in mid-October. If you’re still there, we should meet up.

Note: The digital nomad scene isn’t too big in Playa but that being said it’s an incredible place to live, work and play. There’s so much to see, do and experience both in and around Playa del Carmen. There’s also lots of shopping, nightlife and more. The best part about it (IMO) is that you’re only 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport so when you feel like taking a quick weekend trip away somewhere, it’s as easy as hopping on the bus and heading to the airport.

As far as resources go, I highly recommend you join the Expats & Locals in Playa del Carmen group on Facebook. The owner of this group (Dennis) is very involved in the community and would be able to answer all of your DN questions in regards to what’s going on in the DN/entreprenuerial scene in Playa.

There’s also a Expats & Locals Market group which is for all things buying/selling, etc. It’s a great resource if you’re looking to buy things such as a bicycle, stuff for your apartment, furniture, and the list goes on.

Here are some of the best places to eat in Playa – Link

Hope you find this helpful! :wink:

Best of luck.

1 Like

Hi Ryan @PTM. Thank you for the useful tips! I already joined the Facebook groups and have found lots of good info there. I’m hoping to make Playa my home base too so I hope I’ll like it enough! (I just heard from someone who’s lived there for years that the beaches are not that beautiful there, that would suck if that’s true :frowning: ) I’m sure I’ll still be around when you get back and I’d love to meet up! Hit me up on Facebook :slight_smile: Have you met any female entrepreneur from a developing country there? I am from Thailand and usually wherever I go I’m the only one, which kinda sucks sometimes haha. Oh, and great tips on the places to eat! I’ll be sure to try them :wink:

Hi Daphnee, thank you for that info! I’ll be sure to check it out! :smile:

Hi Kittytana, I’m currently in Playa del Carmen and I’ve been working mainly from cafes, I don’t really like coworking spaces :smile: There are a few Starbucks with good wifi (one in a shopping center called “Quinta Alegria” and one in calle 26) and another cafe called Ah Cacao; they all are on the 5th av (Quinta Avenida) and you’ll probably find me in one of them :smile: Let me know if you need help and enjoy Playa!

Hi Gian, I just got to Playa 2 days ago and now apartment hunting. Loving the vibe here! Once I get settled in I’ll be working from cafes as well. If you see me come say hi! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey there Kittyana! Sawadee krup! I am coming to Playa today! I am literally at the airport now, will be there tonight. I am hoping to meet meet digital nomads/entrepreneurs and go to some coffee shop or co-working space. We should meet up! Btw, I am also from developing country but I am not female lol. I am looking forward to meeting digital entrepreneurs in Playa!

Hi Tony! Awesome. Would love to meet up! :smile:

Thanks @ptm for these links!

I’m coming to Playa del Carmen next week mostly for vacation but also to scout out the digital nomad scene.

But I’ll probably end up doing more diving than working.
Any suggestions for best dive shop?

Thanks!
Amy

Hey @amylynnmatteson

I’m also going to playa del carmen next week. Let me know if you want to hang out

wow this thread is super old, has anything changed? Would you recommend http://www.oficinasplaya.com over Nest? And where is a good place to stay (i.e. coliving)?

Please pose question in separate thread, thanks!

archived #14