Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (635K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,991) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI โœจ  Applicant AI ๐Ÿ’Ž  Clarity AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coworking + surfing locations?

by @mike2381 9yr  | 31 comments

Anyone been to some nice spots for surfing that have fast internet and coworking offices in SEA?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@info792 6yr

Hello! In Costa Rica Santa Teresa you have waves all year round. Check out my cowork space in Santa Teresa. I cam here as a digital nomad for surfing and stayed 5 years. And now i own a coworking space with 100MB of Highpspeedinternet and with Coliving tooโ€ฆclose by the beachโ€ฆmaybe see you here!? Google for โ€œcowork swindaโ€ and youโ€™ll find it. Called coworkercostaricaโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Have you considered Canada? The west coast is nice and the waves are consistent especially between September and March. I run a digital nomad accommodation in Ucluelet, BC near Tofino. It is a friendly community that is getting a new brewery and is all on fiber for internet. 200 mps download speed. We have signal boosters and each room has a desk and printer. I know a bunch about surfing in the area so give me a shout! Google Habitat Ucluelet. I speak french, spanish and am learning german so would love to meet some surfing nomads from those parts of the world!

I also know a good place in northern Nicaragua, I have found that Costa Rica is quite expensive if you want to stretch your dollar. I am curious if any has worked remote in Sri Lanka?

Trevor

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hey. I would recommend Lima, Peru. There is great internet, you can find a shared room for 200-500/Month and a small apartment for 600-1000/Month. There is lots of surf and most of it is uncrowded. Summer time is beautiful and more crowded. Winter is gray, but not too cold and the waves are uncrowded. I have lived here for 1.5 years and I love it.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Come to Montreal
โ€ฆ
Seriously during the summer you can surf on the river (Sorry for the bad music)
Itโ€™s a continuous and stationary wave on the river so itโ€™s pretty cool.
We have also a lot of coworking space near the river or you can work at the library for free !

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

@ali You canโ€™t surf in Antalya if you meant the Turkey Antalya ;)โ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@ali 9yr

Antalya is nice ans lots of enjoy around Antalya.Sun+beach+nightlife :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

See you in Canggu, Bali :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

North Sydney, up near Bilgola & Palm Beach. Canโ€™t go wrong in this area (other than it being extremely expensive). Beautiful beaches, wonderful people and easy to work from anywhere (for example, Avalon has wi-fi available literally everwhere).

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mike2381 9yr

Iโ€™ve been in Bali, on the east side in an area called Sanur. Coworking at Kumpul and renting a room in a villa for $500usd for a month. There are lots of surfing spots a quick motorbike ride away.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@ettobi 9yr

I was living in Cรกdiz, Spain 2 years and itโ€™s a great place for surfers. I also recommend to see Essaouira, Morocco, it have more surf activities than Cรกdiz.

The Internet is better in Cรกdiz than Essaouira.

Coworking in Taghazout: I found this http://www.sun-desk.com/ but it seems not so cheap to be in Morocco, for me as a Moroccan 30โ‚ฌ per day is expensive enough. There are alternatives, for example, to rent a Riad outside of the city in Essaouira or Agadir.

Good luck!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Sayulita, Mexico is really taking off. Great surf all around the area and thanks to some newcomers who set up a dedicated fiber line that they are beaming across town via wifi from their office roof, itโ€™s becoming an ideal spot for remote working. Their office is currently booked up, but weโ€™re working on opening a shared space shortly.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@conni 8yr

Do you have anymore information on the office spaces in Sayulita? :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi Conni! Our website is sayulitacowork.com and you can contact us directly at [email protected]

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@conni 8yr

Awesome, thanks a lot! Will make it over to Sayulita in a few months and will defo get in touch :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@gonzohall 9yr

Lisbon for sureโ€ฆ You have a lot of good coworking places, the best waves in europe and maybe one of the best in the world (check Peniche, Ericeira, Nazarรฉ, Carcavelos, Costa da Caparicaโ€ฆ etc). You are in a european capital but you can live very well with 1000USD. Rent a home for 350 easilly and have awesome internet and life quallity.

If you really love to surf, this is the place to be.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mike2381 9yr

vietnam (danang) surfing coworking map

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mike2381 9yr

shitty philippines coworking + surfing map

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mike2381 9yr

Iโ€™m in the Philippines now and havenโ€™t found a coworking + surfing spot hereโ€ฆ It seems the surfing spots are far from any major cities and the internet is pretty shit here in general.

Iโ€™m thinking to try Bali next, so this time I decided to do some research before hand and made this map of surfing and coworking spots. From what I read the east coast is where the surfing is at during the wet season (now).

Feel free to edit or add to this map

It looks like Sanur is the place to go with 3 nearby coworking spaces:
http://thesanurspace.com/home/
http://kumpul.co/

A handful of places to live on airbnb

supermarkets

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@gsalgado 9yr

Thereโ€™s also the Fuerteventura Hub, which has a coliving space as well. Iโ€™m heading there next week and to the Surf Office after that so should be able to provide more details soon

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Details, updates?!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@funger 9yr

The Canary Islands are very recommendable! Warm weather and waves all year around. As far as I know there are two good coworking spaces:
Tenerife: http://www.seointhesun.com/co-working-tenerife
Gran Canaria: http://www.thesurfoffice.com/gran-canaria
Kind regards

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Santa Teresa, Costa Rica , the internet is 10mb (not super reliable but I manage to work well all the time) . you can surf 365 days a year and never gets over 8 feet, always perfect open waves.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@gsalgado 9yr

The waves in Santa Teresa are indeed great; I was there a bit more than a year ago. However, I donโ€™t think there are any coworking places there and I donโ€™t remember any nice cafes from where one could work.

Canggu, in Bali, has a few good breaks (always crowded, but friendly locals) and I think thereโ€™s a coworking space there now too

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@ciaran 8yr

http://www.dojobali.org is in Canggu, lovely place to work and 100m from the surf which is fun but pretty crowded.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

There are also a growing โ€œdigital nomadโ€ scene in surf town in the Mediterranean area in Morocco, Tarifa, Canary Islands etc, with cool coworking spaces

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™m interested in Santa Teresa - whatโ€™s the average monthly expenditure? Is it a pricey place to be (iโ€™ve heard Costa Rica is compared to other SA destinations)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

@Riichard It depends, you can get an ok house with internet for $500 by yourself or you could get a shared house for $200 a month.

I recommend to buy a SIM card with 3g (3MB) in case the electricity runs off and the cost is $20 p/month for unlimited data.

Then food you could spend up to $800

With $1500 per month you can live a really good life here and surf every day , 365 days a year literally.

Itโ€™s always hot and the place is amazing, I spend about $1200 per month with clean lady, laundry and eating the best food possible but I own a house here so donโ€™t pay rent.

There arenโ€™t many nice cafes to work from, mostly because they are open in nature so is not that comfortable and is hot its the only problemโ€ฆI work from home always and like it anyways

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@conni 8yr

@hodaraadam

Great info, thank you!

How do you get around the area? If I plan to stay for a few months, would it make sense to get a car or something?
Iโ€™m in Bali now and itโ€™s so easy here as everyone has a scooter with surfboard racksโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Getting around Sayulita is very easy as itโ€™s not a big town and there is surf right out front. To explore other surf spots around the area though, youโ€™d need a car.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I spent a month working in Santa Teresa in September. Thatโ€™s low season (and rain season). I paid 270 euro through airbnb for a room just 200m from the main surf spot. The internet was actually very good, but there were occasional power outages and the internet tended to die when there was heavy rain. Also the waves were often quite choppy during that time. Iโ€™m a beginner surfer so it really wasnโ€™t ideal for me during that time. Food at the restaurants and supermarkets was definitely higher than in other CA countries that I went to, but probably also because itโ€™s a tourist spot with only small supermarkets.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mwotton 9yr

Da Nang isnโ€™t terrible, for Vietnam:) internet is fast and cheap when the cable isnโ€™t cut, the waves can be choppy but generally uncrowded, and thereโ€™s at least one co-working place (though I havenโ€™t used it.)

http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/My-Khe/forecasts/latest for a look at the waves.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Video chat coworking solutions?

in Brazil by @essentiallyint 4yr 4 years ago  | 2 comments

I am new to working out of coworking spaces. My business entails a lot of video conferences. I haven't chosen a specific coworking space yet but generally, what are the potential solutions for this? I have a microphone and headphones but still fell like it may be inconsiderate to take the calls anywhere in the coworking space. For a solo person, what are some general solutions? Are there usually options to rent a private room by the hour with just enough room to set up my microphone and laptop? Sidenote: any coworking space recommendations in Florianapolis, Brazil would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place in South East Asia to live for 6+ months per year

in Indonesia by @miklaskroager 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

We're looking for a country in South East Asia that can function as our base, mainly for tax purposes. Meaning it will have to be a place where we can stay for the 183 days required without too much hassle.

We've been looking at Thailand, but have heard that it's very hard to do visa runs etc., so what other can you recommend? Indonesia looked like a good option, but the income rate is a flat 20% and very high for the region.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?

in Amsterdam , Netherlands by @frosay 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?
I donโ€™t like noisy cafes and high prices of Spaces.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is there any good and safe coworking space with fast internet in Costa Rica?

in Costa Rica by @sven 5yr 5 years ago  | 7 comments

Everything is in the title.

Iโ€™m working on a big project so I will need fast internet (>15 mbps).
If itโ€™s close to the beach, it would be even better.

Thanks !!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best coworking spaces in Playa del Carmen, Mexico?

in Playa del Carmen , Mexico by @simone_scarduzio 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Would you recommend โ€œWork Zoneโ€ http://www.oficinasplaya.com over Nest?
Do you have other coworking spaces there you would recommend?

And where is a good place to stay (i.e. coliving)?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Foreigner owned Coworking business in Malaysia

in Malaysia by @newyam 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

Heyo folks! The idea to open up an own coworking space in Malaysia has been on my mind for quite a while and I would like to reach out on foreigners being a business owner/co working space owner in Malaysia, there are a lot of questions that would follow up but most importantly is to reach out to someone with experience.

Ideally would be someone who runs a coworking space in Malaysia, second best would be to just come in touch with a foreign business owner in Malaysia.
Cheers
Yamin

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Coworking in Merida?

in Merida , Mexico by @jasoninbend 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Any recommendations for a coworking spot in Merida, MX? Iโ€™ll be staying in the Centro zone for most of July. Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Coworking spaces in Goa (India)

in India by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Does anyone know of any decent coworking spaces in Goa (India) ?

Looks like a very fun place to live for a few months. I havenโ€™t been there myself yet but keep hearing very good things about it.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best coworking space in Medellin?

in Medellรญn , Colombia by @adele 6yr 6 years ago  | 6 comments

Hi there,

Iโ€™m considering a month or two in Medellin and wondered what the co-working space options are like. I want something more than a cafe, so happy to pay the going rate. I spent a couple of months at Hubud in Bali earlier this year and loved it, but realise that Iโ€™ve set the bar pretty high.

Has anyone used Epicenter? I read somewhere it is pretty busy. Any other options?

Suggestions much appreciated.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Coworking spaces in Osaka?

in Osaka , Japan by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Iโ€™m looking for a good coworking space in Osaka.

There are a few listed on coworker.com & workfrom.co, however, none of them has reviews.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Coworking spaces in Kyoto

in Kyoto , Japan by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Iโ€™m looking for a good coworking space in Kyoto.

There are a few listed on coworker.com & workfrom.co, however, none of them has reviews. Itโ€™d be great to have tips from people who actually went to some of these coworking spaces.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Training rooms at coworking spaces in London

in London , United Kingdom by @pete 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey

Iโ€™m looking to run free introductory coding workshops in London.

Would any of you lovely people have any recommendations?

My requirements are:

• room for 15-20 people in a boardroom or classroom setup
  • wifi
  • available weekday evenings (we usually do 6-9pm)
  • big screen or wall for projector (we will have our projector if needed)

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Pete

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which coworking spaces are open 24/7?

by @yako 6yr 6 years ago  | 13 comments

Does anyone know of any coworking space open 24hs somewhere around the world? Sometimes because of my line of work I need to be awake when everyone is sleeping on the country I am in (but I know I am not the only one!). It would be amazing to share that time at a coworking space with others who like to work at night or who have to be awake. Does anyone know of any coworking space open 24hs somewhere in the world?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking for something to prop up my Asus MB169B+

by @jbweimar 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

I recently purchased a second monitor to connect to my MacBook Pro 15". I use the Nextstand laptop stand to get my MacBook to eye level. Iโ€™m wondering what second monitor (without base) users are using to get their second monitor at the same level. I know of this company Elevate Stand (.com), but it seems a bit heavy and bulky (although I guess it must be somewhat, if it is to hold a monitor).

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Bring external monitor to SE asia and avoid coworking cost?

by @anderkd 7yr 7 years ago  | 13 comments

Would it be advisable or wacky to lug an external monitor from the US in hopes of avoiding coworking costs by working from Airbnb with decent wifi? Iโ€™m not sold on coworking spaces, and like the solitude of coding away in my own little airbnb space. One screen is limiting to productivity, hence the love of an external monitor. Thoughts?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best coworking in Auckland - New Zealand

in Auckland , New Zealand by @alexis 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Hey there nomads !

Weโ€™ll be in Auckland from january the 11th till the 14th and we wonder where are the best place nomads go to work (and have a beer).

Thanks !

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Low cost + Nomad community in Europe?

by @joaoalbertofn 7yr 7 years ago  | 8 comments

Hi Guys! Iโ€™m planing to kick start my Nomad Life style in July, and Iโ€™m researching cities in Europe that can provide three things:

1. Low cost (Iโ€™m earning money in Brazilian Real, not Dollars). Especially regarding rent.
  2. Some kind of Digital Nomad community and Co-working spaces.
  3. Security. Low criminality.

All other characteristics (Weather, english speaking), are not as important as the ones above.
=D

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best coworking space in Hanoi?

in Hanoi , Vietnam by @grantcharge 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Any recommendations gratefully received! Cheers!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best ways to get travel/nomad companions in different locations?

by @madelineb 7yr 7 years ago  | 24 comments

Hi,
Do nomads like to travel together? I mean, not in each otherโ€™s pockets, but look for accomodation together, meet with each other daily or regularly, help out in new cities, motivate/inspire each other in the business? :slight_smile: Iโ€™ve done nomad lifestyle in the past in 2009/2014 and this time I want to collaborate and support with other people, each on their own mission. I love this nomad endeavour but to be honest I admit it can be quite time-consuming and lonely. :wink:
*Message on NomadList locations?
*Message on Couchsurfing groups? (without sounding like Tinder!)
*Message on other??
Iโ€™m currently in Portugal and heading back to Estonia for January/February (Iโ€™m from Australia). Later in 2017 I am open to places, though Iโ€™m not keen on high pollution, high humidity, high cost cities.
Feedback, interest or ideas welcome!
Thanks, :sunny: Madeline

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads who practice Krav Maga in spite of constantly changing locations?

by @petar_np 7yr 7 years ago  | 3 comments

When I think about nomadic life style I often think of one disadvantage, not being able to continue to practice Krav Maga as I do now. How do you keep up with training and progress if you are constantly moving?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
443ms