Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,886) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there any places in Barcelona that are dog-friendly?

in Barcelona , Spain by @stretford_dogs 8yr  | 7 comments

Does anyone have any advice for Barcelona in terms of places to live that are dog friendly? Does anyone even travel with pets? Or even in a campervan? I plan to do lots of Europe first and foremost spending 1-2 months at a time in different cities/countries/places.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@codino 8yr

Hereโ€™s a complete compilation of the best hotspots in town for nomading dogs: http://blog.gudog.com/mejor-parque-para-perros-en-barcelona/

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@hjbarraza 8yr

Most of Barcelona is pretty friendly, also youโ€™ve tons of parks all around.

Iโ€™m sure you will both enjoy [Park de la Ciudatella] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parc_de_la_Ciutadella).

Yet, I wouldnโ€™t spend much time in the city center districts, as they are too crowded and can stress your dog. Although Iโ€™ve seen very happy dogs in Plaรงa Catalunya chasing pigeons all around.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi Andres -

I travel with my dog and honestly Spain is the least pet-friendly country Iโ€™ve been to in Europe. The rest of mainland Europe is super pet-friendly. Youโ€™ll see dogs on trains, buses, restaurants, shops, cafes, barsโ€ฆyou name it. Rules vary from country to country, but generally dogs are welcomed with open arms. Spain, on the other hand, has a lot of no-dogs-allowed signs and a lot more rules. Itโ€™s still better than the US, but definitely not as great as Germany, Switzerland, France, Belgium, or Italy (etc.).

In case itโ€™s helpful: http://gigigriffis.com/a-small-dogs-guide-to-spain/

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@pilcrow 8yr

Since you are in Spain at the moment, a good SIM card for internet roaming is O range M undo with GoE urope option (see details here: Prepaid Data Wiki Option Euro1. Seems to be 1EUR for each 100MB roaming in EU/EEA, as long as credit lasts. Speed wise HSPA+, which is not far off from 4G in my experience.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@richardh 8yr

Thanks, that is good info, iโ€™m sorry to hear about your loss.

There is a huge amount of distrust amongst employers allowing their staff to work from home (/anywhere) because it goes against the โ€œstickโ€ method of managing people and denies our self directed nature.

Hereโ€™s a video on that illusive work/life balance that still has most people trapped.

Hereโ€™s a dude who made a new life for himself on the road, there must be thousands who are realising they can have a meaningful life away from the rat race and still live comfortably and enjoy the finer things. Many people who pivot to van living find they donโ€™t need as much stuff as they thought! You may also like to look into the space saving ideas behind the โ€œtiny houseโ€ movement.

Hereโ€™s one that I just watched featuring Daniel Pink about sales; the take-home for me is shifting from problem solving to problem findingโ€ฆ I would argue that human nature is closer to wanting to give without expectation, however in the present โ€œvalue propositionโ€ system conditional exchange is normal, and thatโ€™s ok.

How would you recommend somebody get into IT sales with no previous experience (other than PC/laptop sales in a retail setting) and a strong aversion for anything rat race?

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@richardh 8yr

Iโ€™d like to ask you some questions before I have a go answering yours!

How long have you been working in IT sales before they trusted you to do the job unsupervised? How much previous sales experience did you have before then? Iโ€™m about to take a really badly paid job to get a van because iโ€™m done with renting, this decision has been 5 years in the making!

Iโ€™ve met people from all over Europe (mostly the wealthy North and West) and they love their vans. I like to joke about the โ€œpeaceful retirement villageโ€ with the over 60s all parked up on some Spanish scrub land by the sea with water and electric hookup.

I follow hak5 on youtube, Darren did hack across America in a Sprinter 2 years back. There are more videos in this series but this is the first one I found.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™ve worked in the industry for around 18 years. The company I am with, Iโ€™ve been with for 7 years. I proved to them I could do it working from home 5 years ago and was no.1 Sales person in the company, even now on average I bring them around 25-30k profit each month in through my client base so am very lucky and still in the top 2 salespeople in the company. I think they understand that if Iโ€™m happy, I perform and they know me well enough to know that the last thing I want to be in is some kind of corporate rat race so it works both ways. I ran my own company before I worked for them and it nearly killed me, I lost it in the recession and took my staff to go and work with the company Iโ€™m at now on the proviso that I donโ€™t want anymore managerial/directorial responsibility and that I just want to get on with my life, enjoying it to the full. Iโ€™ve been through a tough time in the last 5 years also, losing both my parents across that time which has been hard to say the least. Iโ€™m okay now though and ready to go.

If I was to be honest, I do find the job a little tedious sometimes and have the urge to travel and basically live so Iโ€™m trying to combine the best of both worlds and still do my job whilst on the road, using technology I implement into the van and also coworking spaces throughout Europe. Glad I came across this site and nomadlist as well, so helpful to help me achieve my dream.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?)

by @orangutan3 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?) Asking from the US.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do you ensure that you have good WiFi for working whilst travelling e.g. in places like India?

in India by @davda1546 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

We are hoping to travel later this year and we will be working remotely - how do you ensure you get good WiFi in places such as in India where the signal isn't always great? Do you have any tips on where to go/ what equipment you have to get?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which places in South East Asia are suitable for kids?

by @nomad4 5yr 5 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi everybody,

weโ€™re a family of 4 from Canada (Quebec province) leaving to Thailand on December 1st.
Our plan is to take things slowly and live in a peaceful environment while working a little and doing homeschooling to our 6-year-old son (plus escaping Canadian-cold winter :smile:)

This is roughly what our plan would look like:

• arriving in Bangkok, staying there for about a week (air bnb probably)
  • moving to Chiang Mai then Krabi (most likely Ao Nang, Ao Tha Lane, Railay) or Koh Pha Ngan (North part) or Koh Chang (2-3 months)
  • then Indonesia (Bali/Gili islands) (1,5 months)
  • And Malaysia (Batu Ferengi, Penang) to finish (1 month)

Weโ€™re not city dwellers, and love being surrounded by nature.
Knowing that, what would be the best places for a family who want something quiet, walkable and with reliable Internet service?

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Magali and Guillaume

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?

in Amsterdam , Netherlands by @frosay 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?
I donโ€™t like noisy cafes and high prices of Spaces.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

London meet-ups / events / places to meet nomads?

in London , United Kingdom by @jameswander 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Are there any regular meet-ups or other places to meet nomads in London?

This was the only nomad focused event I saw on meetup.com:
https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-BNBrelBl/events/252398877/

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coliving or other monthly rentals in Barcelona?

in Barcelona , Spain by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Iโ€™m looking for a monthly rental in Barcelona. Iโ€™m only planning to stay 1 or 2 months.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Cheapest places to be a digital nomad in Latin America?

by @jfowler 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Hey guys โ€” Iโ€™m looking for the best cheap places to be a digital nomad in Central and South America. Priority list: 1) cheap 2) social 3) strong internet. Iโ€™m in debt and need to cut my cost of living as low as possible. But hey, I still have to live it up. THanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Places in Central or South America with a beach for remote working

by @mcdime 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Im looking to make my first venture into nomad living this September and keep leaning back towards Bocas del Toro.

Does anyone have experience setting up shop there? Iโ€™m open to other warm weather surf towns as well

Starting a SaaS company that assists the operation of service based industries so being near some other SaaS people would be wonderful. (First time starting a tech company)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good places in Krabi to rent a house for long stay?

in Krabi , Thailand by @zoxel 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey everyone,
We are nomad couple looking for some house we can stay for year or more.
Are there any known good places, like new villages with modern houses or something like this that we can check? Or any place you can recommend to look for a good (for European) house for rent?
Thx in advance for your help!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where are the more hippy places in South and Central America

by @simonl 7yr 7 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi,

Iโ€™m looking for places in Central and South America that have more of a hippy vibe - yoga, good vegetarian/vegan food and good internet.

Let me know where youโ€™ve been.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are good places near Cancun?

in Cancun , Mexico by @jjuter 7yr 7 years ago  | 4 comments

Is there a place close to Cancun such as Playa Del Carmen or Talum where I can stay for 1-3 months? Any recommendations? Or is that not a good place for a long term stay?

I love the beach there when I visited there, I thought it would be nice to be able to live by the beach and work for a little while.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best places for local, organic food and strong internet outside of South East Asia?

by @jmacattak 7yr 7 years ago  | 8 comments

Where can I find locally sourced, organic (or at least non-GMO) and also be able to work with strong internet?
I did a search but didnโ€™t find much info. We love Bali and the food here is amazing, we are just looking to try somewhere else out (preferably somewhere in Europe) after a long time in Asia. We also loved the Northern Rivers area in Australia and want to find similar food offerings and compare our options!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking a for a flat to rent in Barcelona from January for 6 months. Anyone?

in Barcelona , Spain by @aleravanetti 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi guys, as I wrote in the title I am planning to move to Barcelona with my girlfriend starting from January 2017 and I am looking to rent a flat for 6 months, possibly in the Born area, but open also to other neighborhoods. My budget is around โ‚ฌ800 per month. Is anyone looking to rent out something that could fit my request? Any help would be appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Places to stay in bangkok for a few days

by @elirang 7yr 7 years ago  | 5 comments

Hi ,
Im going to be in Bangkok for a few days and iโ€™m searching good places and not expensive price (around 25$ a day max) - iโ€™m thinking on airbnb flat/private room but iโ€™m seeing a lot of hotels/guest houses on this budget.

Do have recommendation on accommodation types/places based on your experience ?

I head that its common in hotels that there is constructions or loud noise from bars โ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the ideal digital nomad places in Europe?

by @mrwhite 7yr 7 years ago  | 22 comments

Hello.

I am looking for doing about one month of solid work; I have previously worked out of Chiang Mai and I am looking for something simlar:

• Good coworking place
  • Cheap rent
  • Good food

But in ideally in Europe.

In other words: What are good digital nomading places in Europe? In particular something that is not too dark and cold this of time year.

โ€“ Christian

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do we mark the places we have lived on the map?

by @ankitdas123 7yr 7 years ago  | 13 comments

Hey guys,

In the past 10 years, I have visited many towns and villages across India, however except on Facebook, there is no other way to look back and see on one map - where all you have been to and also how many times.

Since its a part of the nomadic lifestyle as well, I am assuming a couple of you might have put things on a map. How and what service do you use? I would prefer Google Maps, however I am not sure how to put things on that and specially how to mark whether you have visited twice or thrice?

If possible, kindly share Free tools or services.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

As a woman and/or minority, are there any places you would not recommend traveling to?

by @gigigriffis 7yr 7 years ago  | 29 comments

Hi all!

So, Iโ€™m in Colombia at the moment and have experienced some really intense harassment and even violence here. I was shocked because itโ€™s been recommended to me by so many people, and so I thought perhaps it would be useful to start a thread here where we (we being women and other minorities) can talk about places where we recommend either not traveling or being particularly on guard.

So, are there any places youโ€™ve been where youโ€™ve experienced more violence, harassment, or maltreatment? Are there any places that you recommend other women/LGBT/ethnic minorities be particularly careful or not travel to?

I donโ€™t want this to become a super negative thing or a personal preference thing, but I am hoping to get some insight into areas that might be more concerning and/or unsafe for certain groups so that we can all make informed decisions about where we want to spend our time. I really wish someone would have been frank with me about the issues here in Colombia, so Iโ€™m hoping we can be frank with each other about places where we havenโ€™t felt 100% safe.

So, Iโ€™ll start:

Iโ€™ve had little to no problems in other parts of South and Central America, but here in Colombia I have witnessed not only street harassment, but also actual violence and malice and, worse, have seen people who could do something to stop it shrugging it off and saying โ€œitโ€™s normal here.โ€ I would not recommend it for women and particularly women traveling alone.

Similarly, in Morocco I felt very uncomfortable as a female traveler. There wasnโ€™t as much yelling or in-your-face harassment, but there was a ton of staring, men invading my space (standing over me in a bus and staring down at me from less than a foot away, for example), and men treating me like a second-class citizen (refusing to let me pass them on the sidewalk and instead forcing me to go around them into a busy street). I was traveling with a friend and we were both pretty exhausted by the end of the trip.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are some good places to work from in Sofia, Bulgaria?

in Sofia , Bulgaria by @dvc 8yr 8 years ago  | 2 comments

What are some good places to work from in Sofia, Bulgaria?

Looking for the standard things:

Good height tables
Good internet
Comfortably large/not jampacked
Good wifi/plug sockets
Good food/coffee
Decent atmosphere
Friendly staff

and so on

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Places to stay in Georgetown, Penang for a month?

in Georgetown , Guyana by @florianbuerger 8yr 8 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi fellow nomads,

my wife and I are traveling to Georgetown in October. We are looking for a small apartment with a kitchen, as we donโ€™t want to eat out every day. Airbnb is pretty scarce or pretty expensive, e.g. 1,000 EUR/month an up.

Do you have any recommendations? We plan to work at @CAT but the room/apartment should have WiFi as well. Our budget is around 700 EUR per month, no shared bathrooms and a balcony would be awesome.

Cheers,
Florian

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Other places like Ubud, Chiang Mai, Vienna, Prague...?

in Chiang Mai , Thailand by @rich 8yr 8 years ago  | 10 comments

Hi,
weโ€™re having trouble deciding where to go in the fall (September, October, November) or over the winter for that matter. We loved Chiang Mai, Ubud, Vienna, Prague, Lisbon and weโ€™re looking for a similar place to stay for 1-2 months. Weโ€™ll be in Germany and have a car. We wanted to go to Italy, but weโ€™re not getting excited about any place in particular - or we just donโ€™t know where to go. Any ideas?

What do we like? Pleasant weather, open minded people (whose eyes donโ€™t fall out when they see a black girl), healthy food (in restaurants and supermarkets) with vegetarian options, a chill vibe. Nice rentals (we use Airbnb a lot). A nice compromise between nature and not feeling like youโ€™re in the middle of nowhere. Oh, and no bugs or mosquitos please (they love us, but our bodies hate them. We get huge welts that stay for weeks).

Thanks!
Rich & Chinny

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
407ms