Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (635K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,993) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI โœจ  Applicant AI ๐Ÿ’Ž  Clarity AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best app for taking and collating travel photos by location

by @thesuedetiger 9yr  | 3 comments

im looking for a simple all in one app to take photos while travelling and arranging photos by country/area etc. Anyone got any recomendations?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@yako 9yr

If you are on a mac iphoto will do that for you automatically

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Sorry, should have said: Iโ€™m looking for something cross platform. Thanks for that though :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@patrick 9yr

Lightroom can do that, It also has, like iPhoto, a map build in where the photoโ€™s are pined on.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are restaurants, cafes and malls working in Mexico City taking into account COVID situation?

in Mexico by @thateverdmitriy 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

I am planning to travel to Mexico City next weekend and stay for 7-10 days there. I wonder if cafes, stores and other places like these work? And if cafes work, do they work as usual or only for take away&delivery? Will be very thankful if someone can help here.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I get Travel/Medical Insurance for Portugal for visa application from Australia?

in Portugal by @jonathanpoh 4yr 4 years ago  | 5 comments

I'm preparing my Portuguese D7 long-term visa application and one of the required documents is proof of travel insurance with medical coverage. However, as an Australian citizen, if put that as my country of residence in many travel insurance companies' quick quote forms, I'm unable to get ANY insurance coverage at all because of the current travel ban out of Australia, and the Australian govt's 'Do Not Travel' advice to ALL countries. I know that Aussies are applying for, and successfully getting visas from the Portuguese Consulate here, so where and how are they fulfilling this insurance requirement if insurers aren't selling any coverage? Does anybody know or have any ideas?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to learn a language without taking a formal class?

by @zakamercury 4yr 4 years ago  | 5 comments

How to learn a language without taking a formal class, while traveling in different countries?

What advice can you give me?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I set current location? I've looked everywhere for this option.

by @yousifyalda 4yr 4 years ago  | 5 comments

All I see is section to add trips, but I reside here. Home and all.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What age did you start out and went location independent?

by @raynesio 4yr 4 years ago  | 11 comments

Eager to find out what age most start out as a DN? (Me)โ€ฆ 27 and just started out in the last 6 months or so. Not presently 100% location independent, probably more like 90% as still required to visit the office from time to time

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is the best way to approach Taiwan?

in Taiwan by @zoxel 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

We have never been in Taiwan (a couple of travelers) and I am just wondering is possible to find there some quite clean place to hang for a while? How it is better to start? Are there any websiteโ€™s for short and long term rentals? It looks like AirBnB is not that popular there. So it seems that usual tactics - rent hotel or airbnb for short term and then look for long term just driving around might not work. It looks like everything there in Chinese - so if there are any tips how to overcome this - that is more then welcome :slight_smile: Overall just interested in any suggestion - where best to go first? Also is it hard to extend your stay there - we are digital nomads - so working for some company overseas and probably will be extending as a tourist (If we like there).
Sorry for so many questions - but this is really some terra incognita for me :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

App/tool/service for nomads to bring things from another country?

by @brmolin 5yr 5 years ago  | 4 comments

I vaguely remember hearing about such a service before, but Iโ€™m drawing a blank on the name. Basically I left my tablet on a connecting flight in Europe, right before my main flight to Thailand. They have my tablet and are willing to ship it out for me, but people have warned me thereโ€™s a big risk of it getting โ€œlost in the mailโ€ if I ship something expensive like that to Thailand.

Iโ€™m wondering if thereโ€™s a service or community, where I can find a nomad whoโ€™s in Europe/heading to Thailand soon, so I can have it shipped to them in Europe and pay them to ferry it down here for me? I met someone in Budapest a ways back who had built something for this type of use-case, but I canโ€™t remember the name of it. Any help would be appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Apple TV and Netflix: Do these work for Nomads?

by @lricci 5yr 5 years ago  | 8 comments

We launch in 2 weeks. In the US, we use Apple TV and Netflix regularly. Do these work abroad?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Do you have a system for how you plan your next location?

by @mitch_dina 5yr 5 years ago  | 3 comments

It seems to be taking me days to plan my next trip. Its so complicated and seems to be a domino affect. Example: Iโ€™m in Dubrovnik and want to go to Bari, Italy next because it is close, and I can get there by ferry, (so not using so much carbon,) but the ferry only starts running in April and 90-day visa is up on March 15, so I need to move on. Cheapest flight out is to Rome, but Rome can be pricey and Iโ€™m more of a small town person, so I go looking for beautiful small towns in Italy, a BIG research project. Then how to get there?.. oy! I need a system, please!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What festivities are happening around Bali for New Years Eve (NYE)?

by @diannamallen 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Looking for somewhere to celebrate New Years in Bali! I would prefer somewhere in Kuta or nearby, but if itโ€™s worth the travel, give me your suggestions!

Not looking to spend too much money either.

Thanks =)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How does Lima's new municipal taxi app compare to Uber?

in Lima , Peru by @robertomasymas 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

How does limaโ€™s new municipal taxi app TaxiMML compare to uber?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find an appartment in Valencia, Spain?

in Valencia , Spain by @them 6yr 6 years ago  | 8 comments

Hey all,

planning on going to Valencia for a while and am looking for an appartment from April to summer. Any Ideas where to look for? Appart from airbnbโ€ฆ

Also any tipps for area to live in and work spaces are most welcome.

thanks and best regards,
The M.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What you think about salary based on the location of where the employee lives?

by @augustomna2010 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

I see that some companies do this, they pay the remote worker based on where he lives, I would like to know what do you think about this?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Does anyone plan on applying to the Vermont $10,000 remote work incentive?

by @wagmanben 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/vermont-pay-10-000-move-110056645.html

Hello All,
Saw Vermont rolled out an incentive to get more remote workers to live there, Does anyone plan on applying and If so why? Reason Iโ€™m asking is I work for an organization in Tulsa, Ok that wants to also bring in Nomads, and would love to hear your thoughts on what such a plan should look like

Any help would be Awesome!
Ben

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do you manage your location independent business as a Nomad Entrepreneur?

by @vzablocky 6yr 6 years ago  | 3 comments

Iโ€™d like to invite nomad entrepreneurs in this topic to discuss what are the challenges you face in filing taxes, insurance and banking complications, while travelling and running your business remotely.

Please share your thoughts! I would be happy to help!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coworking + surfing locations?

by @mike2381 6yr 6 years ago  | 31 comments

Anyone been to some nice spots for surfing that have fast internet and coworking offices in SEA?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which residence/company location is beneficial for an Italian freelancer

by @saschamayr 7yr 7 years ago  | 6 comments

I am an Italian citizen currently living in Italy. I am starting to work as a freelancer and want to open a company in order to invoice the client.
Besides that, I also want to move my main residence away from Italy for multiple reasons.
In which countries should I place my company and/or residence so that the combination of both would be beneficial for me (cost and taxwise)?
Goal would be to rent an apartment and actually move (preferably in Europe), and from there travel as a digital nomad.
Has anyone been in a similar situation or knows an answer to this?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Does the 90 day Schengen rule apply inside of Croatia?

in Croatia by @larry_oz 7yr 7 years ago  | 11 comments

Hi all, need some help with schengen fuzzinessโ€ฆ Iโ€™m a US citizen.

Does any know if the 90 day rule applies inside of Croatia. Iโ€™m seeing that Croatia isnโ€™t part of schengen but adopts the same visa aquis. This isnโ€™t clear to me.

If someone has a definitive answer please let me know as Iโ€™m approaching the 90 day rule in my travel plans and I want to hit Croatia and not have it count.

Thanks in advance.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Advices about tax, location for incorporation, etc

by @anadesigner 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi nomads,

I and my husband are graphic designers and we work from home mainly doing services for UK. We have personal bank account in UK as we lived there for a while and we use it to receive payments and then use transferwise, but we are worried because we have no company there to declare these payments.

We are at the moment in Malta but moving to Portugal soon and we really would like to make the things right to avoid problems but also we need avoid pay lots of taxโ€ฆ I am researching a lot but not sure what to do. Would be very good to have a bit of advice to what way to go, where is the best country to open an offshore business for exemple?
We earn together about 25k euro year (brut).
Any advice or tip would be very welcome.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anybody encountered a travel gear mfr that intentionally makes crappy-looking gear?

by @octavient 7yr 7 years ago  | 8 comments

Has anybody ever encountered a travel gear manufacturer that makes gear that is solid and durable, but that is intentionally designed to look old and crappy? For international travel, I want good, durable gear, but Iโ€™m uncomfortable walking around with slick, brand-new-looking, expensive-looking gear (especially with my family in tow). Iโ€™m happy to snatch up any good used gear (reduce, reuse, recycle) that weโ€™re lucky enough to encounter, but selection is limited, and durability is often compromised. Seems like thereโ€™d be a decent market for some durable but ragged-looking travel gear. What i have in mind is luggage, backpacks, laptop cases, smartphone cases, camera bags, infant/toddler carriers, etc. Iโ€™m sensitive to the preppy fad of clueless, well-off westerners dressing up like the poor in naive but trendy mockery, but thatโ€™s not what Iโ€™m after, here. I just want good gear that doesnโ€™t put a target on my back as we traipse around various parts of the world. Anybody have any thoughts on thisโ€ฆ?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
441ms