Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,884) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best places for local, organic food and strong internet outside of South East Asia?

by @jmacattak 7yr  | 8 comments

Where can I find locally sourced, organic (or at least non-GMO) and also be able to work with strong internet?
I did a search but didnโ€™t find much info. We love Bali and the food here is amazing, we are just looking to try somewhere else out (preferably somewhere in Europe) after a long time in Asia. We also loved the Northern Rivers area in Australia and want to find similar food offerings and compare our options!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jmacattak 7yr

Thanks, that is great feedback! Any specific cities you liked in Switzerland, Slovenia, or Belgium?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Europe, for sure! In most European countries, GMOs are banned from being grown, which means anything local is non-GMO. Youโ€™ll also find tons of organic (called โ€œbioโ€ here) all over the place. In particular, Iโ€™ve had great luck with organic options everywhere from Switzerland to Slovenia to Belgium. There are only a couple European countries that do allow GMOs (Spain is the big one), but for the most part youโ€™re in good shape if you are buying local.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I think you should consider Mokrin House. Our location is urban but rurally located, it has internet that has download speed of 100mbps and we by most of our food from local farmers, and even grow some of our food on the estate.

We are located in Serbia, Europe, only 2 km from the Romanian border and 20 km from the Hungarian. Check out this video that I did a few days ago.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@kmander 7yr

Chiang Mai has plenty of healthy food. Byron Bay in Australia is another hippie enclave. I live in Bali and enjoy the great healthy food. Although I love GMOs too.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Bite the bullet and hit the Big Apple. The Union Square Farmers market is the best on the planet. Thereโ€™s true raw pressed juice everywhere. Starbucks internet is better than India. Organic, health consciousness in the States is way better than Europe. Supplements and superfoods are all over. New York is easier than London. Only trick is to ace a flat.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@kathrynoh 7yr

The Starbucks comment is meant to be ironic, right?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@toto2000 7yr

Iโ€™m curious were is the Northern Rivers area of Australia? I have asked 3 Australian and none of them know what you mean.

In answer to your question you may want to give more information. Are you happy with a wet climate then Ireland might be suitable for your needs. What is your budget? Iโ€™m sure Italy would provide a lot of what you are looking for and France too. In fact I think any country you wanted in Europe could but it would ultimately boil down to the other factors you are looking for.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jmacattak 7yr

Thanks for the response toto. The Northern Rivers area is in Northern NSW, about 2 hours south of Brisbane. Byron Bay is a pretty big surf town and there are some great organic farmers markets. The internet could be stronger but I was able to get a fast enough connection to work well and it was an amazing spot. Highly recommend it.
I would be happy with a wet climate if that meant that the local food is grown without GMOs. I know the beef in Ireland is all pasture raised and grass fed, which is awesome, but couldnโ€™t find enough info on the regulations about GMOs.
We are lucky enough that we can go with a higher budget.
The main thing is I ant to be able to trust that the local food has not been doused with dangerous pesticides and that I would be able to walk into any cafe or restaurant and eat without worry about the sourced food there.
Any info would be appreciated, I was hoping for great first hand experience because all of my research doesnโ€™t show it online. Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?)

by @orangutan3 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?) Asking from the US.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

International number & internet?

by @leobassam 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

Has anyone figured out a way to get setup with a virtual number and internet connection anywhere you go?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Holร  ! What's the internet / wifi situation in Sayulita ?

in Puerto Escondido , Mexico by @ambroisedebret 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

After being told it's unworkable in Puerto Escondido, looking for alternatives :)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do you ensure that you have good WiFi for working whilst travelling e.g. in places like India?

in India by @davda1546 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

We are hoping to travel later this year and we will be working remotely - how do you ensure you get good WiFi in places such as in India where the signal isn't always great? Do you have any tips on where to go/ what equipment you have to get?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best blogs by individuals who have started businesses in Southeast Asia?

in Thailand by @haiducii 4yr 4 years ago  | 0 comments

Hey everyone,

Looking for blogs by individuals who document their progress/business in South East Asia - ideally Vietnam, Cambodia or Laos - but also Thailand/Myanmar too.

Thank you,

Haiducci

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How's the internet in Oaxaca towns?

in Oaxaca , Mexico by @azurio 4yr 4 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi guys!

If youโ€™ve been to Puerto Escondido, Mazunte, Zipolite, etc, please share your experience with the internet there.

• What speeds did you get up/down? Where?

• How solid and consistent was the connection?

• How common are blackouts and loss of power?

• Any other tips, favorite places to work, etc?

Which towns have decent internet?

• Puerto Escondido
  • Mazunte
  • Zipolite

0 voters

Thanks so much!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is the Internet in Guatemala and Nicaragua?

in Nicaragua by @brendac 5yr 5 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi! I am looking to slow travel Antigua, Lake Atitlan, Managua, Granada, Ometepe and then on to Liberia area in Costa Rica. Does anyone have experience with the internet in these places? I have to do Skype consults during the week and really need reliable internet.
Thanks for any help

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which places in South East Asia are suitable for kids?

by @nomad4 5yr 5 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi everybody,

weโ€™re a family of 4 from Canada (Quebec province) leaving to Thailand on December 1st.
Our plan is to take things slowly and live in a peaceful environment while working a little and doing homeschooling to our 6-year-old son (plus escaping Canadian-cold winter :smile:)

This is roughly what our plan would look like:

• arriving in Bangkok, staying there for about a week (air bnb probably)
  • moving to Chiang Mai then Krabi (most likely Ao Nang, Ao Tha Lane, Railay) or Koh Pha Ngan (North part) or Koh Chang (2-3 months)
  • then Indonesia (Bali/Gili islands) (1,5 months)
  • And Malaysia (Batu Ferengi, Penang) to finish (1 month)

Weโ€™re not city dwellers, and love being surrounded by nature.
Knowing that, what would be the best places for a family who want something quiet, walkable and with reliable Internet service?

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Magali and Guillaume

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Staying outside major cities?

by @malaclypse 5yr 5 years ago  | 7 comments

My question is about the actual experience of staying outside of major cities, as well as where/how (on this site or elsewhere) to search to find questions and discussions about the same.

Sometimes I like being in the big city, but sometimes I like being away from it. For many people with โ€œregular jobsโ€ you have little choice but to be in a big metro area since thatโ€™s where the jobs are; for me, part of the appeal of considering DN is sometimes being able to work someplace quiet, remote, secluded and beautiful- rather than a concrete jungle.

Iโ€™m curious whoโ€™s actually done stuff like this. Because while it sounds great, I could also imagine all sorts of unpredictable problems that might not be an issue when one is way off the beaten path that wouldnโ€™t come up if one were in a big metro area.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?

in Amsterdam , Netherlands by @frosay 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?
I donโ€™t like noisy cafes and high prices of Spaces.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is there any good and safe coworking space with fast internet in Costa Rica?

in Costa Rica by @sven 5yr 5 years ago  | 7 comments

Everything is in the title.

Iโ€™m working on a big project so I will need fast internet (>15 mbps).
If itโ€™s close to the beach, it would be even better.

Thanks !!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Pacific islands with decent internet speed to work online

by @paxai 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Any digital nomads that have lived for an extended period of time on a pacific island? I am planning on moving with my girlfriend for a 6 month period to a pacific island, and planning to live of copywriting and some other online work.

Have been looking at islands like Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Islands ++. Main problem is that many places seem to have expensive/bad internet speeds and access.

I dontยดt need superfast internet, but it has to be good enough for me to surf, send e-mails, download pictures, update webpages and so on. Either good internet cafes or the possibility to rent appartments with internet that doesnt suck or blow our budget.

Any recommendations for the perfect pacific island for working online?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

London meet-ups / events / places to meet nomads?

in London , United Kingdom by @jameswander 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Are there any regular meet-ups or other places to meet nomads in London?

This was the only nomad focused event I saw on meetup.com:
https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-BNBrelBl/events/252398877/

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Cheapest places to be a digital nomad in Latin America?

by @jfowler 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Hey guys โ€” Iโ€™m looking for the best cheap places to be a digital nomad in Central and South America. Priority list: 1) cheap 2) social 3) strong internet. Iโ€™m in debt and need to cut my cost of living as low as possible. But hey, I still have to live it up. THanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Places in Central or South America with a beach for remote working

by @mcdime 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Im looking to make my first venture into nomad living this September and keep leaning back towards Bocas del Toro.

Does anyone have experience setting up shop there? Iโ€™m open to other warm weather surf towns as well

Starting a SaaS company that assists the operation of service based industries so being near some other SaaS people would be wonderful. (First time starting a tech company)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Internet Speed (Teaching English Online)

by @teacher 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi guys.

Iโ€™ll be travelling to Peru soon to volunteer and thinking to teach online in Cusco. Iโ€™m wondering what the best set-up would be for speeds high enough to teach via video-platform online. Iโ€™m open to getting a SIM Card with a data package, getting a dedicated internet provider for a private apartment or using an ethernet cable to increase speed.

Thank you,
Seda

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Do you have time zone issues working remotely in Asia?

by @anniestrout 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Regarding remote work in Asia/Far East, How have or could you successfully navigate the time zone and internet issue. It sounds like you really have to use a cowork space there to have adequate connection but I would be working mainly in US time zones with 12 hour difference, are there spaces open 24 hours? Is it possible to get good internet with a long term rental instead? I would need a really good connection, which itโ€™s hard to tell if exists in some places at all. Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's a good and warm place in April to surf with fast internet?

by @jakegibson 6yr 6 years ago  | 9 comments

I landed a remote job that is fully remote with only one team skype meeting a week. Iโ€™m looking to leave around March 13th and stay 1 - 3 months in each place. The first place I want somewhere that is warm with good surf. For the group video chat I need at least 5/2 down/up reliable internet. Any recommendations for a place that meets that end of March - April?

Iโ€™ve read through the forums / nomads list. Iโ€™ve already done Costa Rica and Indo and would like to try somewhere new. Currently looking at Sayuliata Mexico, Canary Islands, and Morocco though I think Iโ€™ll wait on the second two since they sound like they are better in the fall.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to get US visa outside home country?

by @ibobriakov 6yr 6 years ago  | 6 comments

Hi guys!
Iโ€™m originally from Ukraine and now traveling through SEA.
And I was thinking about potential possibility to apply for US visa in any of South East Asian countries.
Does anyone has successful experience of getting US visa in SEA region?
Or maybe it is not possible and I have to apply from my home country?
(for example, friend of mine from Ukraine tried to apply for South Korean visa in Bangkok, but they refused to do so and asked him to apply for the visa from Ukraine)

Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good places in Krabi to rent a house for long stay?

in Krabi , Thailand by @zoxel 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey everyone,
We are nomad couple looking for some house we can stay for year or more.
Are there any known good places, like new villages with modern houses or something like this that we can check? Or any place you can recommend to look for a good (for European) house for rent?
Thx in advance for your help!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
469ms