Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (625K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,924) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best way to transfer money to Vietnam? P2P?

in Vietnam by @skatkov 9yr  | 1 comment

My verification on http://currencyfair.com has just been rejected and they removed my account. Just because logged in from Thai IP address to their system.

Showing my passport, saying that iโ€™m a resident of Estonia and iโ€™m nomading around all the time didnโ€™t mae any difference. No explanation, no argumentation, just plain โ€˜we donโ€™t do business with Thailandโ€™ like a robot.

So what would they do if i verified being in different country? Ip discrimination is stupid.

Any other alternatives that work with Asia? There is http://transferwise.com, which only works with India, Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore for now. I was more looking into something that could get me money in Vietnam.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@max 9yr

Hey skat,
Why dondโ€™t just pick an ip of the country of your origin/passport (via vpn) and do business with them from there. Maybe you also have a homebase there (Family/Siblings/Friends) to produce any physical mail, or using a forwarder service?
Why should this be stupid. Would this cause any difficulties for you now, or in the long run?
Best, Max

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What features would you like to see on Nomad List?

by @levelsio 3yr 3 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi everyone,

I would love to hear what you'd like me to build next on Nomad List, or any other product/feature feedback ideas you have.

It's been 6+ years now but I'm in this for the long term and with the boost remote work got last year it's even more exciting to work on Nomad List than ever.

Current roadmap is here: twitter.com/levelsio/status/1363204985488572417?s=20 and pbs.twimg.com/media/EusS9PKXEAUR8xp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The next products/features I have planned:

- ๐Ÿ›‚ Rebase: visa, residency and immigration services for remote workers

- ๐ŸŽ“Courses: learn the steps how to go remote and travel/relocate

- ๐Ÿ› Gov liaison: diplomacy services to the governments to help us lobby for nomads and for them to attract remote workers

Thanks a lot!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?)

by @orangutan3 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?) Asking from the US.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

List of Visa/Residency Information in Table/Spreadsheet format?

by @innovatelife 3yr 3 years ago  | 2 comments

As part of signing up for this website I was hoping I would come across a list of Visa and/or Residency requirements by country ideally in a table format to assist with decision making. Does anybody recommend any other websites that might present the information in this format (or Google Spreadsheet)?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Most Walkable Neighborhood / City In The World ?

by @dannybooboo 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

I love living in walkable areas of town. I can always find them. But now I'm wondering where in the world are the most walkable places? I'm imagining walk streets (no cars), zoning allowing both business and residential, parks or beaches ,etc.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads in Arizona, US?

in Netherlands by @info132 3yr 3 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi guys,

After the Netherlands, the Bay Area, Colorado and being on the van life for 8 months, I am now in Sedona, AZ with a few other digital nomads. We are sharing a home here and are wondering if there are more like minded people in the area.

We do a bunch of hikes and campouts in the northern of Arizona. If you would like to connect with us, please do so :)

Val

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

International number & internet?

by @leobassam 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

Has anyone figured out a way to get setup with a virtual number and internet connection anywhere you go?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there any tax issues I have to be aware of?

in Germany by @clara 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi everybody. I live and work in Germany and want to go to Canary Islands for 6 months to work from there. I'm going to keep my current job, just change the "home" in the home office part of things. Are there any tax issues I have to be aware of? I was reading about becoming a residence after 183 days, thus having to pay taxes there plus my employer having to register there. Does anybody know how it works exactly? Thanks a lot!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Chiang Mai accommodation

in Chiang Mai , Thailand by @bertieb 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Can anyone recommend a good accommodation website for Chiang Mai?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is anyone travelling right now?

by @viktor 3yr 3 years ago  | 3 comments

Winter is coming and Iโ€™m feeling the ache of travelling after being stuck in the same place since the Pandemic started. Wondering if anyone is travelling right now? If so, where are you currently located and how is the situation where you are?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is it possible to become a digital nomad as a Vietnamese citizen?

in Vietnam by @animaniax 6yr 6 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi all!
I was meant to post this little inquiry for some times, and keep skipping due to tight schedule :v.
First off: The name is Toan. Yes, Iโ€™m Vietnamese and non-US/EU citizen :slight_smile:
Second: Is it possible for me to become a full digital nomad?

Iโ€™m aware that itโ€™s never been an easy road. Just wondering how itโ€™d be for non-US/EU citizens like myself.
I have a +5 years background as IT support analyst, with specialties vary from helpdesk technical, Windows OS and system support, IT infra/service management, business analysis fundamental, software project management, to Linux sysadmin and programming (Java/Ruby).
Recently, along with my aims to become DevOps/IT Project Management, I also target to fully independent location, due to new found passions on exploring the world and growing tired of 9-to-6 days.

From what I have observed so far, mates, youโ€™re all/mostly coming from 1st-class nations, either North America, Japan, or Europe. So you have no issues over choosing your path, work remotely or start your own business. While money isnโ€™t really a problem to me (a.k.a I usually require very little accommodation during my backpack travels, only (wireless) internet and clean room, thatโ€™s all), Iโ€™m stuck with the whole visa requirements and other paperwork things. Freelance could be a choice, but I find it is almost impossible finding positions even remotely related with my current skills/expertise. Iโ€™m a non-American, have no EU permitted working visaโ€ฆ Any other options for me? Any idea/suggestion is welcomed.

I donโ€™t need my own business. I only need to strive as IT professional, be able to work anywhere I want.

Thanks for the attention, mates. My apologize if my English is so bad that you have no idea what Iโ€™m writing :v And yes, I understand that all my concerns might sound naive, as Iโ€™m a newbie & only targeting recently.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best way for Canadians to get cash or transfer money in Thailand & SEA?

in Thailand by @artofbryce 7yr 7 years ago  | 5 comments

Weโ€™re setting off on our first venture for new digital nomad life in 20 days!

• starting in Chiang Mai as our home base
  • 1 year ED visa
  • planning to bounce around all over

Right now, Iโ€™m utterly baffled and confused by trying to figure out how weโ€™re going to be able to get more cash or transfer money from our bank accounts in Canada. Either at all or without getting charged insane fees.

Iโ€™ve looked through the forum and a lot of solutions put forth with no real luck. Hoping that some Canadians may chime in with solutions, experience or advice.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best coworking space in Hanoi?

in Hanoi , Vietnam by @grantcharge 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Any recommendations gratefully received! Cheers!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Transfer Money from US Bank to Thai Bank

by @MsAlissa_J 8yr 8 years ago  | 13 comments

Hello! I forgot the pin number to my Wells Fargo ATM card and I canโ€™t withdraw funds. Iโ€™ve tried to initiate a Wire but was told the account has to be active for 180 days.

MoneyGram and Western Union wonโ€™t allow me to transfer money to myself outside of the United States.

Paypal isnโ€™t allowing me to add $ from my linked WF account, because I didnโ€™t create a traveler profile before leaving. So itโ€™s blocked!

Unfortunately, nothing seems to be working and itโ€™s been 5 days. Do you guys have any immediate suggestions?

I would like to hurry up and pay my rent before Friday. Is Transferwise ok? Iโ€™ve heard mixed review.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best digital nomad city in Vietnam?

in Vietnam by @ileitch 8yr 8 years ago  | 42 comments

Whatโ€™s your favorite city in Vietnam as a nomad? Specifically Iโ€™m wondering which is the most nomad friendly; co-working spaces, number of nomads, fun things to do, etcโ€ฆ

Advice on which area of the city to live would be great, plus any ProTips :slight_smile:

Thank for your input!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads want to share accommodation in Hanoi?

in Hanoi , Vietnam by @susangaigher 8yr 8 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi there! I will be in Hanoi from 25 March and am looking to rent a room or share an apartment with someone. Probably around the West Lake area. If you have a spot in your place for me or want to team up and look for a place together, send me a message!

Or if anyone wants to grab a beer and show me the ropes that would also be much appreciated.

Cheers!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there internet cuts in Da Nang during the rainy season?

in Da Nang , Vietnam by @j0hnlucas 8yr 8 years ago  | 3 comments

I am planning to spend 3 months in Da Nang in September and I donโ€™t really mind the rain but it would suck if there were internet connection cuts, which would make it impossible for me to work? Anyone has any experience with this? Also, does it make sense at all to spend three months there during the rain season? Or should I pick a different location?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to set up phone service in Vietnam?

in Vietnam by @cr8on2 8yr 8 years ago  | 1 comment

Headed to Da Nang, Vietnam in my first international digital nomad experiment!

Iโ€™m a noob - whatโ€™s the best way to set up my phone over there.

• I need to keep my same cell number as I get business calls to it. I canโ€™t afford to miss a call.

• AT & T is my USA carrier, but heir options are very expensive.

• Iโ€™ve heard everything from SIM cards to forwarding to a Skype number etc.

Note: If any of you are in Da Nang, Iโ€™d love to meet up!!! LMK.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

As digital nomads, how are you concerned with money transfers?

by @juliendevoir 8yr 8 years ago  | 14 comments

Hi guys !

I want to know, as digital nomads, how are you concerned with money transfers ? How do you manage this if you are used to send money to your original country ?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where can I buy a SIM card at Da Nang airport?

in Da Nang , Vietnam by @basicallydan 9yr 9 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey folks,

Headed to Da Nang airport for a stay in Vietnam. Iโ€™d naturally like to get myself a decent SIM card for my phone, and my Googling has revealed some confusion about where and how to buy them. Can anybody share a guide to buying a SIM card at Da Nang airport or somewhere in Hoi An? Ideally a pre-paid SIM with 3G or 4G. Thanks :smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
456ms