Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,882) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Do you know Yoga places in Ko Phangan, Thailand?

in Thailand by @mirkatekelova 8yr  | 6 comments

Hi,
Iโ€™d like to have an idea about the costs of yoga classes in Ko Phangan. Iโ€™ve checked a few yoga studios websites, but canโ€™t find much infoโ€ฆ
Whatโ€™s a drop in class price and what e.g. a month membership. Iโ€™m interested in particular in the area around Beachhub.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Another major Yoga destination in Koh Phangan is The Sanctuary, on the opposite side of the island on Haad Tien. This is a jungle beach paradise away from roads and normal island infrastructure, but they have premium services (and fairly strong internet) despite being in a jungle on a beach accessible primarily by boat: http://www.thesanctuarythailand.com/

There are several other yoga studios nearby, including a Mysore Ashtanga studio: https://ashtangasphere.com/ and Blossoming Lotus http://www.thailandyoga.net/yoga-retreats-thailand/thailand-yoga-retreat

If you want to drive around on motorbikes, work at BeacHub, eat a variety of vegan food, go explore Sri Thanu. If you want a special beach paradise and can tolerate slightly inferior internet, or are on vacation and want something especially exotic, go to the Haad Tien area (including the adjacent Haad Yuan, Haad Whynam.)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@davidkeys 8yr

If I remember correctly, they launched with monthly rates around 4200 THB. Looks like they matched KohSpace rates, which is a steal relative to most coworking spaces around the world.

However, compared to KPG food/services this is still very high. In the world of coworking, itโ€™s very common to price your space at the cost of 2.5 cups of coffee (daily rate) and 15x daily rate for monthly plans. So for KPG thatโ€™s lands you at 185 THB daily and 2800 THB monthly, verses 300 THB and 3900 THB of Beachhub charges.

Another way to look at it is rent vs. coworking costs. In Chicago the average rent for a 1br is $1670/m and coworking is $300/m. If youโ€™re paying 3900/m for coworking in KPG, that would translate to 21,710 THB for a 1br apartment. Thatโ€™d be a SWEET 1br apartment!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

My husband and I were on Koh Phangan at the end of July and stayed at Seetanu Bungalows. One of the places next door, on our same beach, had a little yoga studio. We did a drop-in class on my birthday that was pretty good. The instructor, Sunny, was super sweet and that class was 90 minutes. You can read more at Sunny Yoga. Not right by the Beachub, but maybe a 30 minute walk north of there. We walked on this small road from Seetanu down to Beachub to check it out and ended up walking back up to our place on the beach, which was faster.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@simonl 8yr

Basically the North Western part of the island is the hippy, yoga and vegan restaurant and more spiritual part of the island - I loved it there. The south is the full moon party, big drinking bars and young drunk short term travelers.

There are 3 main yoga places up in the north, its a small cool community up there. Try out Agama, Orion and Gaiaโ€ฆ I didnt do Agama but heard good things. Gaia is fairly new, I went a few times and the people were really lovely.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@davidkeys 8yr

Hey! You might want to reach out to the couple at http://www.expatyogi.com Theyโ€™re from Portland and have been on the island for about 5 months and probably have a good read on costs. We met them just as weโ€™re leaving, super down to earth and fun folks.

Also, Beachhub is crazy expensive. The owner is super cool and itโ€™s a really nice setup, but the prices are too high given the local COL. My place was The Flying Dutchman, which has the same view, good/cheap food, good coffee, and no added cost to working there. The downside is itโ€™s a cafe, so no ergo chairs or established community.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi! Thanks for the advice, Iโ€™ll check out the yogi couple :slight_smile:
Regarding beachhub, I see a monthly fee is 3,900 Baht (ca 100EUR), I feel like thatโ€™s not much more than anywhere else, is it? Or are you referring to the prices of the food in their restaurant?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?)

by @orangutan3 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?) Asking from the US.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do you ensure that you have good WiFi for working whilst travelling e.g. in places like India?

in India by @davda1546 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

We are hoping to travel later this year and we will be working remotely - how do you ensure you get good WiFi in places such as in India where the signal isn't always great? Do you have any tips on where to go/ what equipment you have to get?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find Bangkok apartment rentals <$1,000/mo?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @vesko89 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Hey all,

i am trying to find a monthly based condo in SUKHUMVIT in BKK becaue i am staying 1-3 Months in BKK. But somehow its nearly impossible to find a nice one. Except Air BnB 1000$+ โ€ฆ

How do you find your Condos in BKK?

Greetings Vesko

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is Bansko, Bulgaria?

in Bansko , Bulgaria by @tony88 5yr 5 years ago  | 5 comments

I see that there are a whopping 200 nomads in Bansko, Bulgaria. Iโ€™m in Sofia, but aside from Bansko being cheap, I get the feeling that itโ€™s a retirement centre in the summer time. I saw a few Youtube vids but it looks dead. Whatโ€™s the draw to Bansko right now? Is there nightlife, or is it just a place to go hiking? Are there decent work cafeโ€™s? Is it a decent place for singles?

Since itโ€™s a hotspot Iโ€™d love to see some reviews on the page.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which places in South East Asia are suitable for kids?

by @nomad4 5yr 5 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi everybody,

weโ€™re a family of 4 from Canada (Quebec province) leaving to Thailand on December 1st.
Our plan is to take things slowly and live in a peaceful environment while working a little and doing homeschooling to our 6-year-old son (plus escaping Canadian-cold winter :smile:)

This is roughly what our plan would look like:

• arriving in Bangkok, staying there for about a week (air bnb probably)
  • moving to Chiang Mai then Krabi (most likely Ao Nang, Ao Tha Lane, Railay) or Koh Pha Ngan (North part) or Koh Chang (2-3 months)
  • then Indonesia (Bali/Gili islands) (1,5 months)
  • And Malaysia (Batu Ferengi, Penang) to finish (1 month)

Weโ€™re not city dwellers, and love being surrounded by nature.
Knowing that, what would be the best places for a family who want something quiet, walkable and with reliable Internet service?

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Magali and Guillaume

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Ko Lanta or Ko Phangan - which island is better for a digital nomad?

in Ko Lanta , Thailand by @melinda 5yr 5 years ago  | 6 comments

Iโ€™m currently in Penang, Malaysia and I was thinking to head to Thailand next. What are the best islands in Thailand to get some work done? I was considering either Ko Lanta or Ko Phangan because those both islands have coworking spaces. I might need to take some client calls, also video. Is the wifi good enough? Are there any other differences between the islands?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where should I register my company as a digital nomad? Singapore, Hong Kong?

in Singapore by @raphadk 5yr 5 years ago  | 14 comments

Hey guys, hereโ€™s a question Iโ€™ve been asking nomads I meet everywhere, but still havenโ€™t found good information. My startups mostly focus on american and european markets but I donโ€™t have a registered company, nor I live permanently on any of these countries.

I get the cash payments online in paypal (or adsense) and transfer it to Thailand (or Malaysia, or Bali, or Brazil, or wherever Iโ€™m at). The thing isโ€ฆ for low volume living expenses it seems fine, but as I scale the business, Iโ€™m starting to think more and more about fiscal law.

A fellow nomad told me to transfer it to Singapore, Hong Kong or The Virgin Islands, and then use an international credit card anywhere. I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s the best way to optimize thisโ€ฆ any ideas?

Also, could there be any problems in selling to these countries without a registered local company?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Shikoku,can anyone help me with information about living there please

by @lofty 5yr 5 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi,
My name is Nick,currently living in Australia and looking at moving to Shikoku next year to live for a couple of years.My wife is Japanese,but I dont speak much though I have lived in Tokyo for some years previously.
Any advice on best areas to look at would be greatly appreciated ,

Thanks in advance
Nick

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there comparable companies like Iglu in Thailand?

in Thailand by @stiensf 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

You can look up the Iglu company in Thailand. It is a legal way of working in Thailand with a work permit for digital nomads. Are there other companies in Thailand offering work permits for digital nomads? They charge you 30% of your salary, which is a lot. Are there other companies charging less than Iglu or have a different pricing scheme?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?

in Amsterdam , Netherlands by @frosay 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?
I donโ€™t like noisy cafes and high prices of Spaces.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a short-term (2-3 weeks) in Koลกice?

in Kosice , Slovakia by @adamnowek 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi nomads! Iโ€™m planning to head to Koลกice in May for a few weeks, both to work and to watch some hockey (the World Championships are being co-hosted in the city). Weโ€™ve tried looking into places to stay the usual ways (Airbnb, Booking.com, et al) but it looks like the city is completely sold out during the dates of the hockey tournament.

Does anyone know of any other resources for finding a place in Koลกice? Or does anyone happen to have an apartment to rent out if they want to avoid the onslaught of thousands of hockey fans? :stuck_out_tongue:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

London meet-ups / events / places to meet nomads?

in London , United Kingdom by @jameswander 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Are there any regular meet-ups or other places to meet nomads in London?

This was the only nomad focused event I saw on meetup.com:
https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-BNBrelBl/events/252398877/

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where to live in Shikoku, Japan?

in Japan by @srg_b 6yr 6 years ago  | 10 comments

I want to live in Shikoku for two months. Iโ€™d like Shikoku, because of its beautiful nature, and preserved culture and tradition. Has anyone been there? Where could I base myself, apart from the 4 big cities (prefecture capitals)? Iโ€™d ideally like a town, 10 - 50.000 people population. Anyone with an idea? Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Cheapest places to be a digital nomad in Latin America?

by @jfowler 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Hey guys โ€” Iโ€™m looking for the best cheap places to be a digital nomad in Central and South America. Priority list: 1) cheap 2) social 3) strong internet. Iโ€™m in debt and need to cut my cost of living as low as possible. But hey, I still have to live it up. THanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Places in Central or South America with a beach for remote working

by @mcdime 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Im looking to make my first venture into nomad living this September and keep leaning back towards Bocas del Toro.

Does anyone have experience setting up shop there? Iโ€™m open to other warm weather surf towns as well

Starting a SaaS company that assists the operation of service based industries so being near some other SaaS people would be wonderful. (First time starting a tech company)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place to incorporate in Hong Kong

in Hong Kong by @sohantanna 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Anyone have any suggestions for great incorporation companies who have full services?

Iโ€™m looking for a company who can handle accounting, incorporating and book keeping (online) for Hong Kong.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Trialing Bangkok

in Bangkok , Thailand by @sp_o2tn1 6yr 6 years ago  | 3 comments

Hey - Iโ€™m heading to Bangkok for a month from the 14th November to see how it feels living and working there for a month in terms of productivity/lifestyle/etc. Iโ€™m a FX/Futures trader so just generally require a decent computer and internet connection.

As far as the basics:
Housing: airbnb in Chatuchak
Workspace: The Hive
Gym: Traininggroundbkk

Any must seeโ€™s / advice / from those who have been to BKK would be appreciated. Likewise If youโ€™re planning on being there over the same period drop me a line!

Cheers

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good places in Krabi to rent a house for long stay?

in Krabi , Thailand by @zoxel 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey everyone,
We are nomad couple looking for some house we can stay for year or more.
Are there any known good places, like new villages with modern houses or something like this that we can check? Or any place you can recommend to look for a good (for European) house for rent?
Thx in advance for your help!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's better? Krabi or Koh Lanta in March?

in Krabi , Thailand by @jnomad30 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

Thailand - Krabi vs. Koh Lanta in March

Hey Nomads -
So Iโ€™m looking to leave my current base in Chiang Mai, Thailand to head back down south in March to escape burning season.
Iโ€™m looking at staying for a month in either Krabi or Koh Lanta. I already spent a month on Koh Samui which was ok but Iโ€™m looking to explore the other side now and it seems this will be a good time of year seasonally to be on those islands.

Here are my main considerations and would love any thoughts:

1. Housing - As the islands are much more expensive, I think it would be the most sensible to get an apartment or rental for a month. I got a good deal in Samui when I stayed for a month.
    -A/C is a must
  • Strong, Hi-speed wifi where Iโ€™m staying as I need to do video calls from home
  1. More walkable (or as much as possible) areas are preferred as I donโ€™t use a motorbike and transportation back and forth to restaurants, etc. can get expensive
    Walking distance to the beach would be great but price is a big more important factor

I donโ€™t necessarily care about being near a co-working space as much of my work on video calls requires me to work from home anyway for privacy.

Anyone stayed on Krabi or Koh Lanta & have any suggestions?
TIA!!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Moving to Thailand for 6-9 months in August. Bangkok or somewhere else?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @andrea3018 7yr 7 years ago  | 14 comments

Hello Nomads,
I would like to move in Thailand for 6-9 months starting from August.
Iโ€™ll definetely stay in Chiang Mai as base for most of the time but Iโ€™d like to do the first month (August) in Bangkok or somewhere else.
What place would you recommend to visit first?
Would Bangkok be a good place to be during August?
I was also checking at the east coast isles but I got a little frightened out by the moonsoon idea but still, it would be cool to go to beaches and have some sun during that month :slight_smile: .
Would the moonsoons or the rain really be a problem?
Iโ€™ll move to Chiang Mai from september anyway but I would just like to start somewhere else since I have to wait for my girlfriend to come during september.

Thank you in advance for your advices,
Sorry for the bad english,
Andrea

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio