Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (647K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=6,004) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI โœจ  Applicant AI ๐Ÿ’Ž  Clarity AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Experience with e-Tourist Visas in India anyone?

in India by @them 8yr  | 7 comments

Hi all,

did anyone (with a EU Passport) ever got a e-Tourist Visa for India? Visa regulations in India change quite often, so I am wondering, if it is actually possible to get the e-Tourist Visa (eTV) that is issued on arrival.

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I went to India in October with the eVisa.

As jdmcwalter said, all you need is to fill the online form a few days before, pay the fee and print the paper.

When arriving at immigration in India, I had to go to a different desk first, where they validated my eVisa.

It was a pretty smooth process.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@them 8yr

Thanks for the info! Happy to hear that the e-tourist Visa is actually working. It seems like a good alternative if you do not plan to stay longer then a month. The regular visa needs more planning - you need to go to the embassy or the agency that is in charge for issuing the visas in a specific city in your country of residence (depending on where you live, it can be quite far) and you need to come back some days later to pick it up. If you do it via postal mail it will also take you around 2 weeks I think.

Getting a Visa for India in another country, then your country of residence (also visa run to Nepal or other for example) can be difficult and sometimes even impossible - as I said, the (informal) regulations do change quite often. Some years ago there was also a lot confusion regarding the single, double and multiple entry visa - We had a lot of different info from the embassy and the authorities at the time.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

It may have been complex in the past, but honestly felt like a standard tourist visa setup when I did it in the last year. I was living in the US and applied for 6 month visa while there, took about 6 biz days from when i posted it until i got it all back. The e-Visa is even easier, an hr of work to fill the lenghty forms, upload a passport photo and recieved the visa confrimation by email in less than 2 daysโ€ฆ when even my gobshite (but lovely) brother was able to sort the eVisa to visit me in Goa I think its pretty seamless. :wink: Actually one thing, you need a proper street address on it, they are sticklers (as most countries are) for that and I saw a lady have a big issue in chennai for not having a proper address.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I am EU citizen (Irish). I have gone through both the longer 6 month visa, and did a visa run to sri lanka and back into India on the eVisa. The eVisa is not issued on arrival. You need to apply for it (at least) 2 days before you enter india. Make a note of the code etc but their system knew me. The form online is lenghty, but wasnโ€™t hard. Indian overstays are a nightmare, so make sure you calc your days rightโ€ฆ I overstayed by 4 hours and had to pay $80 to be allowed exit the country, with 1.5 hrs of admin in the airport, barely made my flight out. My fault of course!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@them 8yr

Thanks a lot for copy/paste from wikipedia, I couldnโ€™t have done it better :slightly_smiling:

The question is if people actually have experience with this kind of Visa?

Indian Visa regulations did change often in the past and even the authorities do not always know the newest developments.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Why would they even issue you the e-visa if it was not possible. At some point, you just have to make the jump.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What features would you like to see on Nomad List?

by @levelsio 3yr 3 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi everyone,

I would love to hear what you'd like me to build next on Nomad List, or any other product/feature feedback ideas you have.

It's been 6+ years now but I'm in this for the long term and with the boost remote work got last year it's even more exciting to work on Nomad List than ever.

Current roadmap is here: twitter.com/levelsio/status/1363204985488572417?s=20 and pbs.twimg.com/media/EusS9PKXEAUR8xp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The next products/features I have planned:

- ๐Ÿ›‚ Rebase: visa, residency and immigration services for remote workers

- ๐ŸŽ“Courses: learn the steps how to go remote and travel/relocate

- ๐Ÿ› Gov liaison: diplomacy services to the governments to help us lobby for nomads and for them to attract remote workers

Thanks a lot!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?)

by @orangutan3 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?) Asking from the US.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

List of Visa/Residency Information in Table/Spreadsheet format?

by @innovatelife 3yr 3 years ago  | 2 comments

As part of signing up for this website I was hoping I would come across a list of Visa and/or Residency requirements by country ideally in a table format to assist with decision making. Does anybody recommend any other websites that might present the information in this format (or Google Spreadsheet)?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Most Walkable Neighborhood / City In The World ?

by @dannybooboo 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

I love living in walkable areas of town. I can always find them. But now I'm wondering where in the world are the most walkable places? I'm imagining walk streets (no cars), zoning allowing both business and residential, parks or beaches ,etc.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads in Arizona, US?

in Netherlands by @info132 3yr 3 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi guys,

After the Netherlands, the Bay Area, Colorado and being on the van life for 8 months, I am now in Sedona, AZ with a few other digital nomads. We are sharing a home here and are wondering if there are more like minded people in the area.

We do a bunch of hikes and campouts in the northern of Arizona. If you would like to connect with us, please do so :)

Val

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

International number & internet?

by @leobassam 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

Has anyone figured out a way to get setup with a virtual number and internet connection anywhere you go?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there any tax issues I have to be aware of?

in Germany by @clara 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi everybody. I live and work in Germany and want to go to Canary Islands for 6 months to work from there. I'm going to keep my current job, just change the "home" in the home office part of things. Are there any tax issues I have to be aware of? I was reading about becoming a residence after 183 days, thus having to pay taxes there plus my employer having to register there. Does anybody know how it works exactly? Thanks a lot!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Chiang Mai accommodation

in Chiang Mai , Thailand by @bertieb 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Can anyone recommend a good accommodation website for Chiang Mai?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is anyone travelling right now?

by @viktor 3yr 3 years ago  | 3 comments

Winter is coming and Iโ€™m feeling the ache of travelling after being stuck in the same place since the Pandemic started. Wondering if anyone is travelling right now? If so, where are you currently located and how is the situation where you are?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do you ensure that you have good WiFi for working whilst travelling e.g. in places like India?

in India by @davda1546 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

We are hoping to travel later this year and we will be working remotely - how do you ensure you get good WiFi in places such as in India where the signal isn't always great? Do you have any tips on where to go/ what equipment you have to get?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there any nomads from India?

in India by @ankitdas123 5yr 5 years ago  | 56 comments

I have seen a lot of posts from different people across the world, but not even a single post from someone in India, who has been a nomad, either living within the country or traveling to another one.

Would definitely love to hear stories from such people. We are a couple traveling as social nomads who are trying to bridge the gap between the rural and urban societies in India. We have started out very humble and do not have much resources, so looking out for help from the community.

Ankit & Rishika
Around Love and Life

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Nomad Family looking for a short term rental in Mumbai

in Mumbai , India by @ricardomolina 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hello All,
We are a nomad family starting our journey in Medellin. India / Mumbai to be specific is our next destination.
I am finding it very difficult to find properties in AirBnB within a reasonable budget and makaan and magicbricks is cumbersome.

Anyone has had any experience on best approach to find where to stay?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ricardo

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Coworking spaces in Goa (India)

in India by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Does anyone know of any decent coworking spaces in Goa (India) ?

Looks like a very fun place to live for a few months. I havenโ€™t been there myself yet but keep hearing very good things about it.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I work remotely from India and stay connected?

in India by @natalie1 6yr 6 years ago  | 16 comments

I am going to India for a few months and am planning on going to Kerala, Goa, Varanasi, Dharamshala, Rishikesh. What phone company has the best coverage and data speeds for those places, or India in general?
I also heard of people using a wifi stick to work remotely while traveling in areas where you may not be able to find a coffee shop, hotel, etc, with reliable wifi. What company sells the best one of those and where can you get it?
Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

3 Months in India, Any Suggestions?

in India by @yuvalbarhai 7yr 7 years ago  | 16 comments

Hello everyone!

I want to DN India for 3 months (or more) and the country is huge so Iโ€™m not sure how to start planning this, maybe you guys can help :slight_smile:
My major concern is the internet, from what Iโ€™ve read itโ€™s really bad - is that true?
What am I looking for:

1. Spiritual oriented towns.
  2. Near (or in) some beautiful nature (doesnโ€™t necessarily have to be near a beach)
  3. Decent speed internet. I can deal with unreliable internet that wont work all day long, but I canโ€™t handle really slow internet.
  4. 1 month stay in each town.

What am I NOT looking for:
Big cities like New Delhi.

Time - can be anytime of the year.
Weather - I donโ€™t mind hot weather, but donโ€™t want below 0 weather.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated, if what Iโ€™m looking for is even possible. Thanks! :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is the best provider/source for high speed internet in Mcleod Ganj, India?

in India by @teacher 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Iโ€™m travelling there in the fall and video conference online for work. I need at least 10mpbs download speeds. What is available in terms of providers or cellular hot spot options? Thank you in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking a for a flat to rent in Barcelona from January for 6 months. Anyone?

in Barcelona , Spain by @aleravanetti 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi guys, as I wrote in the title I am planning to move to Barcelona with my girlfriend starting from January 2017 and I am looking to rent a flat for 6 months, possibly in the Born area, but open also to other neighborhoods. My budget is around โ‚ฌ800 per month. Is anyone looking to rent out something that could fit my request? Any help would be appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which shots and visas do I need to visit Thailand?

in Thailand by @aspkin 8yr 8 years ago  | 7 comments

Iโ€™m wanting to travel to Thailand in February and Iโ€™m a little overwhelmed with travel arraignments (I have only left the US once) and what Iโ€™m going to do once Iโ€™m there.

So far Iโ€™m wanting to be in Thailand for a month. It looks like Iโ€™m going to need shots: Hepatitis A and B and typhoid. I can take care of that no worries.

I was looking into the Visa requirements, it looks like I can just arrive in Thailand and get a 30-day tourist visa?

As for housing I was thinking AirBnb. My goal while in Thailand is to work primarily. I have a project I need to wrap up and Iโ€™d like to do that in Thailand without a lot of distractions.

Now Iโ€™ve joined NomadList because it seems I can join up with others to Thailand? Looking at nomadtrips I have no idea how it worksโ€ฆ but that seems to be the place to link up with others? Or maybe Iโ€™m wrong. Iโ€™m looking at: https://nomadtrips.co/chiang-mai-thailand

Whatโ€™s the best way to communicate with this group about meet ups, etc?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What would you pay for coworking + living space in Calcutta, India?

in India by @dave_chakrabarti 8yr 8 years ago  | 5 comments

Iโ€™m building a longer-term base in Calcutta, India, and was wondering what digital nomads would think of renting a room here, or what theyโ€™d consider a fair rent.

Quick overview:

Newly renovated, ground floor, in a nice residential neighborhood (Salt Lake), a ten minute walk to the City Center mall. Restaurants, pharmacies, public transportation, etc are all within a five minute walk.

Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, fancy shower stall, nice patio with hammocks and bean bags. AC in the study and bedrooms.

The study has high speed internet access with redundant internet lines (the main line is an actual physical DSL connection, not cellular, extremely reliable, goes down for a few hours maybe once every three years), extra network storage if you need to backup or dump large files, and there are a couple of raspberry pis around if youโ€™re a techie and want to make something while youโ€™re bored.

New paint, new tiles, new electrical wiring, granite bookshelves; the entire apartment was rebuilt (everything from the floor tiles up) this month.

The downside, of course, is that Calcutta is very far off the digital nomad path :slight_smile: Assuming anyoneโ€™s interested in seeing this side of the country, what would a reasonable rent be for someone sharing the apartment with me in a private bedroom? I suspect I could make the place work at $250/month.

What else would you like included or available as an option? Food (Iโ€™d normally recommend against this; food in Calcutta is cheap and amazing), tours, travel in this part of India, other stuff I havenโ€™t thought of yet?

Thanks! All ideas welcome. Iโ€™ve been toying with the idea of making this a space more friendly to digital nomads since I started the renovation, so I figured itโ€™s time to start vetting the idea.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
427ms