Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,883) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anyone tried to apply for a non-lucrative residence visa in Spain?

in Spain by @i_am_aileen 8yr  | 29 comments

Hey everyone,

Iโ€™m planning on moving to Spain and Iโ€™d like to connect with those who have tried to apply for this special type of long-term visa called as โ€œnon-lucrative residence visaโ€.

Going from what Iโ€™ve researched so far, itโ€™s a good option for us nomads (more so: business owners) to stay longer in Spain (one only needs to prove steady stream of income of at least EUR 2.2K per month and that you should NOT work for Spain โ€” so letโ€™s say having a U.S. company and staying in Spain is fine).

So : my concerns right now revolve mainly on anyoneโ€™s experiences with applying for this type of visa. How difficult was it? How long did it take you?

Also, Iโ€™m wondering about how I can secure a rental space for a year if my lease depends on the approval from the embassy. Iโ€™m also wondering if Valencia is a good place to stay in?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mchaver 8yr

If your ultimate goal is to get Spanish citizenship keep in mind that you can apply for naturalization after two years, but the application may take a number of years and they consider a number of factors like language skill and integration. I imagine it will be hard to prove you are integrated if you only stay in Spain for 183 days a year.

How Filipinos Can Apply for European Citizenship in Two Years

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@greenhorn 8yr

Hi @harrisfellman

Do you mind sharing the lawyer in Spain that you talked for your non lucrative residence visa application?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@wakkos 8yr

Hello, yes, you can move through all the EU with your long-term visa (Or any kind of VISA)

I have a friend couple who were working at Adobe, they quit and came here for a couple of month, no earnings but their house rented in Palo Alto income. I donโ€™t think thereโ€™s a problem if you have your company over seas. And the process took them 4 month or so.

I live in Valencia for 4 years so far, if you have questions about the city, just ask =)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@greenhorn 8yr

Hi @wakkos

I have a few questions regarding Valencia if you donโ€™t mind.

How much does it cost to have a 1 BR apartment (not studio) in Valencia?

Is it easy to make friends in Valencia as you learn Spanish?

Is Valencia a good place to stay if you are interested in running, bicycling, hiking etc? What are some good neighbourhoods (that would be near running or bicycling trails) for this?

What are some advantages and disadvantages of Valencia compared to bigger cities such as Barcelona and Madrid?

Sorry for too many questions! :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@wakkos 8yr

YWell, 1br apt. May vary from 450 to 600 /m, everything is location location location.

In the city you have plenty of bike rails, and a nice public bike service for 30โ‚ฌ /year. Iโ€™m not too sure about hiking, but itโ€™s surrounded by places to do it.

Anywhere close to Valencia capital is nice to live under those conditions.

Iโ€™d never live in Madrid, since it takes like one hour to go from one place to another, while in Valencia is quite close everything (included Madrid, you get there in 1:45 with the AVE - high speed train - ). So Valencia is well located, not too crowded and not too touristic.

People is nice and itโ€™s a growing startup center, every time there are more coworkings, accelerators, startups incubators, etc.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@rydela 8yr

@iamaileen thanks for posting this.

I contacted the consulate in Houston (where I would have to apply) and I was told you need the full amount of money required in your bank account at the time of applying. Earning freelance income monthly (even with contracts signed) would not count.

A little bummed myself. Looks like Iโ€™ll have to apply for a self-employed visa.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@oskar 8yr

@iamaileen Well keep this thread posted if you start your application for the visa :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@oskar 8yr

@iamaileen Which part of Spain are you thinking in living in? Iโ€™m considering also Spain and although i prefer London, the cost and the weather makes Spain more viable and attractive. Iโ€™m from South America so i can get also the citizenship in two years, but again one thing that bugs me is that you would lose flexibility, in other words you would have to stay in spain several years :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@oskar 8yr

Keep in mind that the self employed visa from spain is for people that want to be self employed in spain, ie open a local business in spain to benefit the local population. Correct me if iโ€™m wrong but this type of visa is NOT for freelancers that want to work remotely from spain for his/her employer abroadโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@harris 8yr

Actually, Oskar - I do believe youโ€™re wrong. This is based on what the agent at the Spanish Consulate in Los Angeles told me. They are beginning to look at people that work for a company in the USA (or elsewhere) but are physically located in Spain as โ€œself-employedโ€ now too.

That said โ€“ who the heck knows, really?
You go to one consulate and get a different set of answers than another.

Iโ€™m working through an immigration lawyer in Spainโ€ฆ and she directed me to do the non-lucrative. And luckily, since I own the company, Iโ€™m able to say that my income is just from my โ€˜equityโ€™ or โ€˜dividendsโ€™ or whatever.

However, when I got to the consulate window, was told the above info and both my wife and I had to fill out something stating specifically that we will โ€œnot be working in Spainโ€ because theyโ€™re viewing this sort of thing more like โ€˜self-employedโ€™ than โ€˜non-lucrativeโ€™.

Keep in mind, too โ€“ the self-employed visa fee is more expensive than non-lucrative - so, if youโ€™re Spainโ€ฆ youโ€™d rather get the higher fee, right?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@camposped 8yr

Hey @harrisfellman, any news regarding your progress on the application? Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@harris 8yr

Yes - sorry, I meant to reply to this earlier. We have our non-lucrative Visas attached to our US Passports. This is good for 90 days. However, we have just 30 days once we get to Spain to get an NIE and extend to 1 year Visa (and show a 6-12 month lease). Weโ€™re 5 days in - hoping to use a friendโ€™s address if donโ€™t get something permanent first.

From the time I was allowed to submit my paperwork to the consulate and the time it was approved โ€“ was 8 days. I have another friend that this was the case for as well. Very fast. And we only had 30 days to pick them up (LA Consulate forced my whole family to come pick them up โ€ฆ a friend said NY Consulate did not do this. Each consulate is going to be a little different on the details.)

I see below that @rydelafosse says Houston is requiring you have the full year in your bank account (I hear this is 25,000 euros or so). We do have that in our account plus we show income from business ownership rather than from โ€˜freelance workโ€™.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@rydela 8yr

Thanks for the response. Happy about the short turnaround time. Iโ€™m always told it will be 3-4 weeks.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@harris 8yr

yeah, they told me 4-5 weeksโ€ฆ
which wouldโ€™ve been better for us as we had to travel back from Costa Rica to pick up the Visasโ€ฆ but as they say in Costa Rica, โ€œpura vidaโ€ :slight_smile:

So far โ€“ itโ€™s worth it. #lovingbarcelona

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@harris 8yr

Iโ€™m going through this process right now. I have not yet been approved. A coupe things Iโ€™ve learned:

Thereโ€™s a โ€œself-employedโ€ visa as well as a โ€œnon-lucrativeโ€.

The non-lucrative is really supposed to be for people that are retired. However, in my case, since I own a company in the USA, I was able to say that my income comes from the โ€˜ownershipโ€™ of the company and not me โ€œworkingโ€.

If you are working for a companyโ€ฆ or freelanceโ€ฆ this is going to likely be considered โ€œSelf-Employedโ€. Spain is allegedly getting more stringent on this particular rule.

Having credit cards with available credit helpsโ€ฆ having 25k-30k euros in the bank helpsโ€ฆ the more the better. Theyโ€™re getting more concerned about people that get approved for a year with their 26000 in savings and then donโ€™t have the means to continue financially beyond the yearโ€ฆ but stay anyway.

Youโ€™ll only be given a 90 day visa from the USA โ€“ then you need to go an finish the process at the local police station where you live. You need to have a โ€˜permanent addressโ€™ when you do this.

Which Consulate youโ€™re applying at matters. Los Angeles & San Francisco are considerably more ball-busters than New York & Miami, for instance. (I went to the LA location with all my documentsโ€ฆ but they ultimately made me come back with a new appointment (6 weeks later) because I did not make copies of bank statements & insurance info for my childrenโ€™s applications.)

For nomads, I think the Visa application process is going to be pretty challenging b/c weโ€™re used to being so โ€˜freeโ€™ and โ€˜flexibleโ€™. Government red tape is like our kryptonite. I canโ€™t speak for โ€œallโ€ countries - but Iโ€™ve talked to some other nomads and expats and really itโ€™s the same everywhere โ€“ well โ€˜same but differentโ€™ - they all have red tape, but the nuances are very different from country to country (and even Spanish Consulate to Spanish Consulate).

If I was single, I would seriously consider just 3 months in Spainโ€ฆ then 3 months in a non-Schengen countryโ€ฆ and then back again. If you really want to stay in Spain for a year or more โ€“ then youโ€™ve just got to be ready to collect a bunch of paperwork and decide that itโ€™s worth it to overcome the challenge.

(Oh, and if your plan is to just stay in Spain for a year and not travel outside of that country - theyโ€™re known to be very relaxed in this regard. Spain, Italy, Greece and some others are very relaxed on the โ€˜3 month schengenโ€™ rule. Maybe thatโ€™s changing b/c of the refugee crisis, I donโ€™t know.)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

thanks for posting this.

I didnt know this was even an option and now itโ€™s something Iโ€™ll keep in mind for the future :slight_smile: btw what are the application fees if any?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@lucha54 8yr

You could apply for a freelancers visa; my friend Marizaโ€™s business is a full service helping people get them (she has connections with Spanish lawyers) but she also recently put out an ebook for DIYers. Her site is SpanishBusinessVisas.com

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hey thanks for that info @lucha54 Butโ€ฆ I think I read online about how I would have to establish my โ€˜businessโ€™ in Spain to do that ( which I wouldnโ€™t want to do). I mean, I think my situation is more of an entrepreneur than a freelancer (I own an online Amazon business). Not sure if I still qualify as โ€˜freelancerโ€™ then?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@oskar 8yr

indeed. That โ€œfreelancerโ€ visa doesnt seem to be โ€œfreelancerโ€ at all. I dont want to set up a business in spain. I just want to work for my employer remotely from spain to the worldโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Likewise. Iโ€™ve read of people who have been able to do it though (working remotely there in Spain under this visa). I believe the main importance they put for this kind of non-lucrative visa is that for the applicant to prove that he/she has enough monthly income stream to support himself/herself.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mule5 8yr

How much do you think that monthly income level would have to be?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@oskar 8yr

2200 euros per month

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mule5 8yr

What about showing 26,400 euros in savings for a year long stay, sufficient? Or it needs to be monthly income?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™ve read online that proving current assets help but they put great importance more on proving that you have a recurring monthly income โ€“ I guess as a way to assure them that you wonโ€™t find work when in Spain and steal jobs from the Spanish people.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Still trying to figure out if that EUR 2,130 (exact) income requirement is before or after taxes (net or gross).

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@oskar 8yr

hey thats funny iโ€™m also considering in staying in spain longer and also thinking in going to Valencia. (i have already been to Madrid and Barcelona). Do you have links
for info about the visa you are talking about?
Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Awesome to hear! Well this is the page of the embassy from my home country: http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/MANILA/en/InformacionParaExtranjeros/Applying-for-Visa/LongtermVisas/Pages/Residence-Visa.aspx

There should be a corresponding page for your nationality.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@lia9255 8yr

I canโ€™t speak to the long-term visa issue (yet, I may do this in 2017) but I spent a few months in Valencia and Barcelona in mid-2015. I rented Airbnb apartments in both cities and Valencia cost half of what I paid in Barcelona. Valencia was easy to navigate, with lots to do and decent wifi. Long-term apartment leases may require more than a 1-year commitment and Iโ€™m told itโ€™s best to speak/read Spanish or have someone who can help with the contract. Since rental agencies usually take 1-3 months additional rent as deposit, you might want to rent through Airbnb for a few months and then look for something else (and apply for the residence visa) later on.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Thank you so much for your feedback!

A lot of my friends have said the same about Valencia.

As for leases, thatโ€™s great to know. I looked at this website called idealista and I found a really good apartment that said 1 month deposit only. Not sure about the requirement yet for the commitment. Nevertheless, I have heard about that option of renting an AirBnB for a few months and telling the embassy of my desire to find a longer term place once Iโ€™m in Spain. The thing is, Iโ€™m already in Europe and I have time to go apartment hunting, so I was thinking it could be nice to just find something now.

(Iโ€™ll lodge my application back in my home country in the Philippines).

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

List of Visa/Residency Information in Table/Spreadsheet format?

by @innovatelife 3yr 3 years ago  | 2 comments

As part of signing up for this website I was hoping I would come across a list of Visa and/or Residency requirements by country ideally in a table format to assist with decision making. Does anybody recommend any other websites that might present the information in this format (or Google Spreadsheet)?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is anyone travelling right now?

by @viktor 3yr 3 years ago  | 3 comments

Winter is coming and Iโ€™m feeling the ache of travelling after being stuck in the same place since the Pandemic started. Wondering if anyone is travelling right now? If so, where are you currently located and how is the situation where you are?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone up to explore some city which is kinda virus safe?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @germanrobert 3yr 3 years ago  | 2 comments

Hello World!

I'm an experienced Digital Nomad and after being in Lockdown in Bangkok and Germany for one year I would like to team up with someone to visit a new place. Or just doing some exchange about what destinations would be interesting currently.

I take the virus seriously and still I think we can still be able to take our life in our own hands. So I'm aiming for cities/countries which are not in full lockdown, are not too complicated about immigration (I'm looking at you Thailand, your state quarantine costs like 1k USD and is basically a prison) and is also rather safe regarding the virus. I tend to stick for rather big cities and like culture. I'm not a beach or nature person. I'm pretty flexible about the money topic.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I get Travel/Medical Insurance for Portugal for visa application from Australia?

in Portugal by @jonathanpoh 3yr 3 years ago  | 5 comments

I'm preparing my Portuguese D7 long-term visa application and one of the required documents is proof of travel insurance with medical coverage. However, as an Australian citizen, if put that as my country of residence in many travel insurance companies' quick quote forms, I'm unable to get ANY insurance coverage at all because of the current travel ban out of Australia, and the Australian govt's 'Do Not Travel' advice to ALL countries. I know that Aussies are applying for, and successfully getting visas from the Portuguese Consulate here, so where and how are they fulfilling this insurance requirement if insurers aren't selling any coverage? Does anybody know or have any ideas?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone want to share an airbnb villa in Mexico?

in Mexico by @wouternomad 4yr 4 years ago  | 3 comments

I will be traveling/working through Mexico with my dog February to April. My plan is to stay in Sayulita for about 2-4 weeks, then travel south along the cost.

Is there anyone who wants to share an airbnb apartment? I was thinking of renting a private villa, but because these are large and have multiple rooms, I was wondering if there are fellow nomads wanting to share? Iโ€™m open to other locations as well (Puerto Vallerta, Oaxaca, and everything in between these two locations.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone wants to learn to sail in the Mediterranean? (Sep or Oct)

by @viktor 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

I'm thinking about taking a sailing (yachting) course in the Mediterranean Sea this coming September or October. Thus far from my research, it seems that most courses are held in locations with not many digital nomads. My thinking is that it would be more fun to go to a place with like-minded people. Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone else is interested in taking a sailing course in the Mediterranean this fall? If not, do you know a location that offers good sailing courses, where there is also many digital nomads / nomad infrastructure?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best SIM card you can get for traveling to Spain?

in Spain by @gabygarreau 4yr 4 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi! I want to relocate to Spain and I was wondering if someone can recommend a SIM card with a good data package.

Thanks

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to get a UK residence address without renting/buying?

by @pavel_maximov 4yr 4 years ago  | 17 comments

Background:
Iโ€™m an EU national IT specialist, recently decided to become a digital nomad. I just left my permanent job in Germany and opened a UK based LTD (for a better taxation) to start a new career as remote working IT contractor. I also want to become a UK resident and pay personal income tax there BUT I donโ€™t want to rent/buy a place because I have no interest in physically living in the UK, as a nomad I will be traveling abroad 100% of the time.

So I just need a UK address where Iโ€™m registered as a resident and could receive mail, but I would never actually be there. I could rent a place and keep it empty but that would be a total waste of money.

Question:
How do I find somebody who could give me an official residence at his/her address and keep my name on the door? Iโ€™m ok with paying a reasonable monthly fee for this โ€œserviceโ€ (but not as high as a rent), and give assurance in whatever form that I will never pretend to physically live there. I have no close friends in the UK to ask for this favor, and trying to propose this to a random landlord would be just weird since they are not familiar with the needs of a digital nomad.

Maybe you guys can suggest me somebody who understand the situation and want to make some extra cash every month to pay the bills? Iโ€™m ready to meet in person, provide full proof of identity or any other document, and to make a written agreement that gives the landlord the freedom to cancel this โ€œsituationโ€ at any time.

Note:
This is NOT for tax evasion, itโ€™s the opposite! I WANT to pay full tax as UK resident, I just donโ€™t want to waste money on a rent which I will literally never use.

I would be very grateful for any advice!

Pavel

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How does Ireland tourist visa length and recurrence work?

in Ireland by @nrgetik 4yr 4 years ago  | 2 comments

Iโ€™m planning a stint in Ireland and Iโ€™m wondering about the 90-day tourist visa. Official information just mentions the 90-day limit without elaboration. Is it akin to Schengen where itโ€™s counted against the most recent 180-day period? Iโ€™m asking because I might like to take trips to the continent flying out of Dublin, but I donโ€™t know how I should account for the days Iโ€™m gone if I do that. Do I stop the 90-day clock for Ireland while Iโ€™m away, or should I make sure Iโ€™m gone from Ireland <= 90 days after my initial arrival date, regardless of where else I go during that interval, just to be safe? What have others done?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anyone created a list of co-living spaces around the world?

by @keegansard 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

Iโ€™m a big believer in co-living but Iโ€™m finding hard to find all the options available in different cities.

I have found the major players like Roam, The Collective, and WeLive but havenโ€™t found many others.

Has anyone seen a list or should I start making one?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is it easy to renew your tourist visa for 6 months in Colombia?

in Colombia by @julien 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

Hello everyone,
I will come to live in Colombia for one year.
What is the best solution with the Visa?
I thought to have a Visa for tourists for 3 months and renewal the visa for 6 months. Is that hard to renewal a tourist Visa in Colombia?
Thank you for your help.
Best,
Julien

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone know an accountant for Canadian nomads/expats?

by @noam_lightstone 4yr 4 years ago  | 16 comments

Hey guys, this was my first year as a Canadian nomad.

As far as I know of, Canadians donโ€™t pay taxes if they do not live in the country for 6 months.

But Iโ€™d like to talk to an accountant or someone who does Canadian taxes specifically for expats and nomads to get clear on the rules and for help on my return coming up.

Does anyone know someone who specializes in Canada who can help? Iโ€™ve seen plenty of US recommendations but none for us canucks.

Thanks guys!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anyone been terminated by Project Fi?

by @jackgopack 4yr 4 years ago  | 15 comments

Any long terms Project Fi users cancelled?

Planning on being outside of the US for a year or more and disappointed to just discover their โ€œtermination for excessive international roamingโ€ fine print (similar to T-Mobileโ€™s) as follows:

โ€œThe Services must be primarily used in the United States and are not intended for extended international use. Further, the Services are designed for use predominantly within our network. If your usage outside our network is excessive, abnormally high, or cause us to incur too much cost, we may, at our option and sole discretion, suspend your Project Fi account, terminate your service, or limit your use of roaming.โ€

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to be sure of new tax residence?

by @analogmario 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi, Iโ€™m new here.
I am moving out forever.
So I am going to move to another country my residence.
But, in the new country I donโ€™t plan to spend more than 90 days a year for sure, at least itโ€™s not the plan for the first years.

But I want to be sure that my tax residence is in my new country, even if I spend less than 90 days a year.
I want to be sure I wonโ€™t be reclaimed by my original country or any other country that I might end up spending less than 180 days, but more than the less than 90 I expect to spend in my new country(looks like itโ€™s going to be Portugal).

Hope that was understandable.

Does anyone know where I can get information about this kind related to nomadism?

Thanks

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I ensure that getting refused entry to the UK won't keep me from getting an Australian 462 (work and holiday) visa?

in Australia by @allisonkirschbaum 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

On New Yearโ€™s Day this year, I was refused entry to the UK due to not having proof of funds, an outward-bound plane ticket (I was road-tripping out with a friend via car) and not being able to prove that I had indeed canceled the lease on the apartment I had leased during a prior recent trip.

I havenโ€™t had any entry issues to any of the several countries Iโ€™ve visited after, but now Iโ€™m applying for a 462 visa (work and holiday) visa in Australia, and since Australia and the UK share an immigration info system, I want to make sure getting refused entry wonโ€™t keep me from getting a visa. None of the issues that cropped up in the UK (the proof of funds, the plane ticket, and the apartment) will be an issue in Australia, as Iโ€™ve never traveled there before, donโ€™t know anyone and will have proof of more than sufficient funds for the trip and an outbound plane ticket.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to make the approval process go as smoothly as possible?

Many thanks in advance! :smiley:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Can anyone recommend a good Spanish language learning program in Alicante or Valencia?

in Valencia , Spain by @charliemartel 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

Iโ€™m looking to spend 1-3 months in Alicante or Valencia this fall and would like to take a Spanish class there.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Shikoku,can anyone help me with information about living there please

by @lofty 5yr 5 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi,
My name is Nick,currently living in Australia and looking at moving to Shikoku next year to live for a couple of years.My wife is Japanese,but I dont speak much though I have lived in Tokyo for some years previously.
Any advice on best areas to look at would be greatly appreciated ,

Thanks in advance
Nick

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone have tips for preventing or getting over jet lag? ๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜ดโœˆ๏ธ

by @artofbryce 5yr 5 years ago  | 10 comments

We just finished our first stint around South East Asia and somehow survived 3 days of way too many flights, leaving me to feel like death.

Too much shitty airplane food, not enough sleep, big time difference from Mexico to SEA.

Anyone have tips to prevent that more in the future (aside from better flight plans)? More importantly, how do I recover faster from this horror?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find an appartment in Valencia, Spain?

in Valencia , Spain by @them 5yr 5 years ago  | 8 comments

Hey all,

planning on going to Valencia for a while and am looking for an appartment from April to summer. Any Ideas where to look for? Appart from airbnbโ€ฆ

Also any tipps for area to live in and work spaces are most welcome.

thanks and best regards,
The M.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Can anyone recommend a good Swedish bank for European student?

by @raz 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

The ideal bank will have an easy on-boarding as a European student studying and living in Sweden for a year and is merciful when it comes to sending GBP into the account.
Can anybody recommend a good Swedish bank? :raised_hands:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
454ms