Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,882) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Help with short term rental in San Francisco?

in San Francisco , United States by @cs340 9yr  | 3 comments

Iโ€™ve been looking for a short term rental for over a month in SF. My expected arrival date is this week and I have nothing, thinking about just going somewhere else. I had three rentals from CL that fell apart right when I was about to book them.

It seems most people are using airbnb and the monthly rates are really inflated, You canโ€™t find a studio with a monthly rate under 3.5k, while the same exact listing is going for 2600 on CL.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to look for rentals?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@cee 9yr

Have you looked into residential hotels?
Thatโ€™s what I always used in SF in my backpacking days and theyโ€™re probably still the quick and affordable option.
Private room + usually having to share a shower with half the floor.
Iโ€™d avoid the Mission District though. Eck.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@angsmith 9yr

I always use Craigslist for SF accommodation & have never had trouble - mind you, I was only looking for a room.

Is a studio/private place absolutely essential? I was just looking yesterday as I plan my next trip back there & you can easily get rooms in the Mission (close to Bart & Valencia st) for $1000 p/m.

Iโ€™ve also only sorted places at the last minute so I wouldnโ€™t worry about the timing so much. Iโ€™d get an AirBnb for a couple of nights when you arrive so you can actually see the longer-term places - itโ€™s easier to manage when youโ€™re actually meeting the people vs just emailing.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@ando 9yr

As youโ€™ve found, the housing market in SF is pretty insane right now. That being said, a โ€œhacker houseโ€ might work for you. Also check out http://www.sfhousingservices.com/#!student-housing/cvpm
edit
I looked up current reviews of 1080 Folsom (the housing from sfhousingservices.com Iโ€™m familiar with) and the new ones are pretty mediocre. I suggest you look up reviews of particular houses on Yelp first. :frowning:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coliving or other monthly rentals in Seville?

in Seville , Spain by @antoine_th 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Hello Everyone

I'm planning to stay in Seville for 6 weeks for mid January - end of February. Do you any recommandations for a coliving or a place to live in?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find Bangkok apartment rentals <$1,000/mo?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @vesko89 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Hey all,

i am trying to find a monthly based condo in SUKHUMVIT in BKK becaue i am staying 1-3 Months in BKK. But somehow its nearly impossible to find a nice one. Except Air BnB 1000$+ โ€ฆ

How do you find your Condos in BKK?

Greetings Vesko

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are great outdoor activities in Salt Lake City?

in Salt Lake City , United States by @secondlife 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi,

Considering a trip to Salt Lake City area, with a side trip to Moab, UT. Thinking of renting a Class B RV (Sprinter van size) to test out Van Life.

Looking for any suggestions/input on:

1. Organizations that might be interested in a presentation on โ€œYour website is more than a Brochureโ€. (Informative, not a sales pitch)
  2. Outdoor activities within 4h (see below)
  3. Best places to meet people interested in Tech and the outdoor activities.

Looking to do some easy to moderate:

1. Mountain biking
  2. Cross country Skiing
  3. Rock Climbing

Wondering what months I could do each. Iโ€™d love to do a late September trip if itโ€™s not too late.

-clay

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Restaurants in San Jaun, Puerto Rico

in Puerto Rico by @joefromboston 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

I will be in San Juan, Puerto Rico next week. Any suggestions for great places to eat local foods, fish, etc. in Old San Juan?

Happy to get suggestions for activities, beaches - whatever!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Norway: northern lights (Aurora)

in Aurora , United States by @mluby 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Hi Norway folksโ€”Iโ€™m planning a February trip to Tromsรธ hoping to see the northern lights, but honestly I canโ€™t find anything about how likely I am to see them. Are they out every night and itโ€™s just a matter of cloud cover, or are they like once a week?

Any info would help me decide whether to pull the trigger.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Nomad Family looking for a short term rental in Mumbai

in Mumbai , India by @ricardomolina 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hello All,
We are a nomad family starting our journey in Medellin. India / Mumbai to be specific is our next destination.
I am finding it very difficult to find properties in AirBnB within a reasonable budget and makaan and magicbricks is cumbersome.

Anyone has had any experience on best approach to find where to stay?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ricardo

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coliving or other monthly rentals in Barcelona?

in Barcelona , Spain by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Iโ€™m looking for a monthly rental in Barcelona. Iโ€™m only planning to stay 1 or 2 months.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

San Pancho, Mexico for digital nomads?

in Mexico by @proghani 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Hey! Trying to learn more about digital nomad locations in Mexico. Anyone living in San Pancho (San Francisco), Mexico? Do you recommend it?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Like San Cristobal De Casas, but warmer?

by @annamcphee3 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Can anybody recommend a good nomad location in Mexico, that is like San Cristobal De Casas, but has a warmer climate throughout September to January?

Thinking:

• Inland, not looking for coastal
  • Not a tourist mecca (eg not San Miguel de Allende)
  • Nice weather - doesnโ€™t have to be scorching hot, but the average forecasts for SCDC are just a little too cold/wet/grey for my liking.
  • But access to longer term rentals at a good price (thinking 3-6 month lease)
  • Reliable, good WiFi (doesnโ€™t need to be rocket-fast, but fast & reliable enough to host things like Skype lessons or Google hangouts)

My dream is somewhere else in Chiapas, however I am also considering Oaxaca and Guanajuato. Any other suggestions??

Thanks so much!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

TMobile for Continuous Travel?

in Mobile , United States by @jackgopack 7yr 7 years ago  | 5 comments

TMobile advises their international plan requires me to reside in the US for 3 months of each year, however I may be there only 1 month (or less). Anyone using their plan continuously? Rigid requirement?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Have you been to Santiago de Chile? How was it?

in Santiago , Chile by @andreadardon 8yr 8 years ago  | 6 comments

With my boyfriend weโ€™re on a year long trip and weโ€™re currently in Europe. But weโ€™re thinking about going down to Chile to change environments (and because Schengen).
Weโ€™re both fluent in Spanish, and I am Central American, but Iโ€™d like to know what Chileโ€™s like for digital nomads: internet speeds, coworking spaces, commuting, safety, etc.

Also, how easy/cheap is it to fly to other South American cities?

Any recommendations, stories or thoughts are welcomed :slightly_smiling:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Formentera, Spain vs. Santorini, Greece?

in Santorini , Greece by @que 8yr 8 years ago  | 5 comments

Hi,
Iโ€™m ready to start traveling again (looking at May through August, about). I have a little more money to spend and would like an island experience in Southern Europe. Iโ€™m a little older and looking for a little more comfort these days. I would plan to rent a 1 bedroom apartment if possible. Places that come to mind are Formentera or Santorini. Iโ€™d like to stay for 2 or 3 months. Does anyone have any experiences to share with these two locales. One concern I have about Greece is safety given the economic crisis. Any insight into there would be appreciated.

Thanks

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Freight-forwarding company in the US that also does storage space rental?

by @fuzzybabybunny 8yr 8 years ago  | 2 comments

I currently use Shipito and Iโ€™m pretty happy with their service. I have all my mail sent to my Shipito locker in Oregon and when I want it theyโ€™ll consolidate everything into one box and ship it out to me where ever I may be for a good price. Iโ€™ve even used it to get stuff I order from Amazon whilst abroad.

The problem is that they donโ€™t offer item storage. There are some things that I want to store in my locker indefinitely / just in case I need them sent out to me.

Example:

Winter equipment / clothes. I want to store this stuff at the freight-fowarding company and have them sent out to me when I need it. When I donโ€™t need it anymore, Iโ€™ll send it back for storage to the freight-forwarding company. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Any recommendations for companies available in the US, preferably with lots of warehouses, especially ones in Oregon or Nevada?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there towns similar to Boulder or Portland in Europe?

in Portland , United States by @j0hnlucas 8yr 8 years ago  | 17 comments

Small towns with:

1. beautiful nature (mountains or sea)
  2. progressive (clean energy, digital, social justice, etc)
  3. laid back attitude
  4. affordable
  5. good startup community
    It seems to me that if 2 and 5 then itโ€™s hard to have 1 and 3. e.g. Berlin for startups is too big, not great nature, a bit too cold. Am I asking too much? :smile:
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Price for basic accommodation in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica?

in Santa Teresa , Costa Rica by @niklasmodess 8yr 8 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi!
Me and my girlfriend are planning on staying 1-3 months in Santa Teresa, starting in May. Does anybody know how much we can expect to pay in rent, and if there are any good places online to look for apartments? Or is it better to look for a place once weโ€™re there? So far weโ€™ve mostly found more upscale options online but we just need a place that is safe, clean and that has a kitchen. A small studio would be fine.
Any help with this would be appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Traveling to Ghuangzhou in April for the Canton Fair: Any notable destinations during the downtime?

in Canton , United States by @rynesweeney 8yr 8 years ago  | 2 comments

I am traveling to the Canton fair where I will be for 16 days from April 18th to May 4th. There will be a couple 3 day gaps between working for mini excursions. I am contemplating going to Macau or HK during these times.

I am up for suggestions on similar areas i.e. close in proximity, simple travel arrangements, maybe a body of water as well.

Work may supercede these travel arrangements though if the journey isnโ€™t too demanding it may be worth while.

Thanks!

Ryne

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is San Jose del Cabo for nomads? Other good beach towns in Mexico?

in San Jose , United States by @jammingsloth 8yr 8 years ago  | 0 comments

Looking towards next winter. Have my eyes on Mexico, looking to be by the beach. Has anyone ever spent time in San Jose del Cabo?

Looking for fast-ish internet, and a good art scene. Not looking for spring-break party destination, but touristy is fine (kind of goes along with the art scene). Any recommendations?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

The Nomad Pad: Austin Pad is looking for awesome nomads starting April!

in Austin , United States by @nomadicpad 9yr 9 years ago  | 4 comments

Hey Nomads!

So Nomad House: Project Austin is coming together. We found a better house with a better location and living arrangement, and we are just looking for one more digital nomad to join our little experiment from Feb. 1st- Mar. 1st.

Living options:
$900: Private Room

$700: Shared room

The house is at S. Park Dr. and Powell Court in Austin Texas.

To give you an idea of the awesome people youโ€™d be living with, the residence so far are:

@tikhon - Hailing from San Fran (for now!), seasoned developer, specializing in dev/ops, sysadmin and the non-tech side of the startup world such as Fundraising/recruiting/sales. You may be be familiar with the 2 successful start-ups that he co-founded - Scribd + Parse. Avid rock climber, photographer and looking to make another awesome project this time free from VCโ€™s overlord control! Rockin!

@maxholzheu - Hailing from Guatemala, alum of Build Campus in SF. Committed to paving a courageous path to freedom using technology. His life philosophies are *stop planning, start moving *never stop learning. Currently kicking ass as a web developer for Junto Studio, with remote work privileges.

Grayson - Has yet to fork over the $15 to join the #nomad group. But luckily heโ€™s a good friend of mine. We met working at a company is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia called Mindvalley (you may have heard of it). When heโ€™s not helping artist promote themselves with his startup Mumora, heโ€™s either eating street cooked grub in a hole in the wall in South East Asia, blogging about marketing or just being a tall shaggy good dude!

Me - Iโ€™m Brandon, you can check out some of the crazy stuff Iโ€™ve done in the past: like the time I biked from German to India, or the time I became a Thai commerical star! Life is random, I know! Currently working for a startup called Bucketfeet, that makes cool sneakers using designs submitted by artists from all over the world! I convinced them to let me move to Austin and work remote, so let the adventures begin. I also like salsa dancing, personal development books, maps and anything with 2 wheels!

You - Canโ€™t wait to see who are 5th nomad will be!

If you want to be apart of something great, sign up below and letโ€™s build a world free of year leases, boring roommates and coffeeshop refugees.

=======================================

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I'm going to New York City, any digital makers spots to visit?

in New York City , United States by @litanin 9yr 9 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi, i am going to New York for the first time in my life, but i have only 7 days (one full week starting on Oct 10). Apart of well known tourist spots (The Statue of Liberty, central park, broadway, 7th av etc) i also want somehow to get into digital makers environment to feel the spirit, speed and trends. What would be your suggestions to do / visit there?
May be some co-working places or cafes, exhibitions, lectures, anything?

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads in San Francisco who'd like to get together for a drink this Sunday?

in San Francisco , United States by @essasaulat 9yr 9 years ago  | 0 comments

Visiting San Francisco for TechCrunch Disrupt and was wondering if anybody would be interested in meeting up for drinks this Sunday :slight_smile: ?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
573ms