Ho Chi Minh City, Chiang Mai or Bali for Jun-Jul-Aug for work?

Hi experienced nomads!

I’ve been nomading around SE Asia, HK and China for the last 4 to 5 months. I’ve been moving a lot and now I need to settle down for 3 months to finish some work. So the idea is to be in a stimulating city where I can find nomads, start-ups, self growth, self improvement, spirituality environments.
I already been for one month in Chiang mai, and liked it a lot in this respect, but wanted to try somewhere new, so was thinking to go to Ho Chi Minh or Bali. As I will be working mainly most of the time, the idea is not to spend much this three months, so my idea is to spend around 1200usd per month.

Would appreciate any opinions on this.

Best place to sit down and work for three months on a 1200usd budget a month?

Thnx :slight_smile:

1 Like

I live in Ubud Bali. $1200 will work, depending on how much you spend on rent. It’s easy to live here cheaply if you eat cheap local food and not inflated western prices. It’s not exactly a stimulating ‘city’ though - we’re in the jungle here :wink:

1 Like

Maybe you should consider Danang…

see What's the best digital nomad city in Vietnam?

Sounds like a job for chiang Mai!

Bali is too chilled for me, hochimin too hectic.

1 Like

Hahaha yes I’ve heard about Bali being a more chilled relaxed vibe.
Also had another concern about Bali. I’ve heard if you want to live next to the beach it’s expensive. Do you know how expensive?

Been to Da Nang for a month already. Nice city. But not much going on yet. Maybe. In a year or two this may become a popular nomad spot, but for now I’m looking for something more stimulating.
Thnx for the comment

That’s what I’ve heard, but I’m deciding for HCMC, because I’ve been to Chiang mai already, and since I’m not traveling for 3 months I would like to experience some new place.
Thnx for the comment

Rents are as varied as the accommodation available. There are co-working spaces too, they might be able to help you find a place. FB groups are the best place to find accommodation. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1380848555535084/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/746999628699757/?ref=br_rs

1 Like

Totally depends on what you’re looking for. I think South Bali is about the worst place a person can spend time. The pollution is awful. East Bali (in the off season) is great. Might be too chill for some. But I stayed outside Candidasa for a few weeks and really enjoyed it. Ubud has a good co-work space called Hubud. And has a decent density ratio.

When I go back however, I will go straight to Lombok (south - outside of Kuta) and work and then ferry over to Gili Air for diving. (Beaches are great in South Lombok too).

Totally depends on what you’re looking for. I just got to Vietnam from Indonesia so all the places are fresh.