Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (625K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,924) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a villa in Bali?

by @juliakostreva 6yr  | 3 comments

My husband and I are looking for a place with nice weather, fast internet, comfortable/modern/nice housing, (hopefully walk to town/shops) and budget friendly for 2-3 months in June-July-August 2018. We are looking at Canggu, Ubud, Bali, Seminyak. I canโ€™t seem to find a good house (the entire place) for less than $1400USD on airbnb, TripAdvisor, VRBO, or Facebook groups. Can anyone recommend a realtor or agent in Bali/Canggu/Ubud that can help me find a place thatโ€™s nice? Or if itโ€™s just unrealistic- where in Southeast Asia (or surrounding) area would you recommend for that kind of nice town, fast internet, and good weather in June, July, August? Thank you!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@timpiele 6yr

This place is great, walking distance into Ubud and next door to the famous Alchemy vegan bar, but outside the city. privateubudvillas dot comโ€ฆ if you need fast internet skip Kubu and Candidasa, itโ€™s a pain in the ass here.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Sorry Iโ€™m late to this, but for Canggu I recommend โ€˜Canggu Communityโ€™ on facebook. Then just put your request on the board and see what the community comes back with.
Itโ€™s cheaper than using a realtor and you should be able to find better results, too.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi!
I donโ€™t know exactly the quality of house you are looking for, but the first time I went to Bali I met someone who was several houses for renting and he mentioned some of them are available for monthly rents. You can contact him by WhatsApp and see if he has something that fits your needs :slight_smile:
His name is Miko and his number is +62 898-0082-000
Wish you luck!!
Claudia

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone want to share an airbnb villa in Mexico?

in Mexico by @wouternomad 4yr 4 years ago  | 3 comments

I will be traveling/working through Mexico with my dog February to April. My plan is to stay in Sayulita for about 2-4 weeks, then travel south along the cost.

Is there anyone who wants to share an airbnb apartment? I was thinking of renting a private villa, but because these are large and have multiple rooms, I was wondering if there are fellow nomads wanting to share? Iโ€™m open to other locations as well (Puerto Vallerta, Oaxaca, and everything in between these two locations.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Quaint small towns/villages in Italy and/or France

in Italy by @theunisk 6yr 6 years ago  | 13 comments

Any recommendations for a few weeks stay in a small, quiet town or village somewhere in Italy/France during summer ? Open to any setting, by the seaside, in the mountains or the countryside - Iโ€™d like to get a feel for local life (outside the cities) in a charming place.
Having hiking routes available nearby would be a bonus, but not required.
Internet speed will not be very important, so that does not need to be taken into consideration.
Iโ€™ll likely be doing both Italy and France, so suggestions for both would be great.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Am I being silly by worrying about getting Zika in Bali? ๐Ÿ˜•

by @metamas 7yr 7 years ago  | 5 comments

Bali was at the top of my short-list of places to go DM for 1-3 months until I saw it had the โ€œZykaโ€ tag on Nomad List :scream: . Iโ€™m not super read-up on the whole state of Zyka, other than occurrences of infection being on a decline (for now), but I am a worrisome enough person about such things that it has got me reconsidering. Though, it still seems to not be stopping the rate of DMs visiting Baliโ€ฆ

Is there cause for large concern here, or I am just being a nut? โ€ฆItโ€™s been known to happen pretty frequently over such things :anguished: :face_with_thermometer: :mask:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Villages-rural destinations in Europe, for slow nomadism?

by @magalhini 7yr 7 years ago  | 28 comments

Hi fellow nomads!

Iโ€™m currently on a quest to find some places for temporary living on a quiet, ideally green and mountainy village, somewhere in Europe, since I feel l could use a break from the busy lifestyles of Berlin and London.

Trouble is, everyone always goes for the big citiesโ€ฆ finding villages with decent access (not requiring endless hours of driving from an airport) is proving to be tough so far :confused:

Some options are some inner, rural places in Romania and Slovakia, but I would love to hear what suggestions you come up with! Maybe somewhere in your home country that you know itโ€™s a gem to decompress around nature ?

I would love to hear your thoughts :smile:
A cheer for slow living! :camel:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is the quality of wifi & 3G in Amed, Bali?

in Amed , Indonesia by @adrienbetweets 7yr 7 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi all!

I am considering going for 1+ month in Amed (to get more into freediving).

I need to be able to make Skype calls & other work-related tasks. I need a speed equivalent to one allowing me to watch Youtube videos.

Ubud is way more connected in comparison, so I donโ€™t expect anything wonderful.

Wondering if anyone has done this before & if yes: what 3G
provider they used, or what cafe/restaurant/hotel had a good/reliable
enough wifi connection.

Note that I went to Amed last year & the 3G connection on the 2 providers I used at the time was terrible. Thatโ€™s why Iโ€™m asking for help.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I also posted this question on travel.stackexchange.com/questions/82403/quality-of-wifis-3g-reception-in-amed-bali

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any villa recommendations in Koh Samui for a team of 10 digital nomads?

by @kovacevicivan 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Hi guys,

We are a team of 10 people looking to rent a house/villa preferably with a swimming pool somewhere in Koh Samui?

Do you know any contact or recommendations?

Tnx

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the difference between Ubud and Canggu in Bali?

in Canggu , Indonesia by @edmoyse 8yr 8 years ago  | 4 comments

Hey nomads,

Iโ€™m hoping for some advice from people whoโ€™ve lived in Ubud or Canggu. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each place? If youโ€™ve lived in both, which did you prefer and why? (e.g. surfing vs yoga, or varying WiFi availability, or better accommodation, or number of nomads)

Thanks!
Ed

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's a great place to stay & work at Bali?

by @allancaeg 8yr 8 years ago  | 5 comments

About to spend 20 days in Bali, mainly to work. Looking to mingle with fellow nomad entrepreneurs.

Whatโ€™s a good combination of a place to stay and cowork? Hoping the lodging place is close to the work place. I hear that riding scooters is typical in Bali, but Iโ€™m not keen. Walking distance/affordable cab rides would be great.

Not yet familiar regarding cities in Bali, so I donโ€™t have a strong preference between Ubud, Denpasar, and Canggu. I just want whatever works best for the purpose of meeting fellow nomads who are working on their stuff.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Would you like to help revitalize a village in Greece?

in Greece by @lightmotif 8yr 8 years ago  | 48 comments

Hi all -

Iโ€™ve recently connected with an interesting community group called the Meraki people, based in a village in the Peloponnese of Greece, only 2 hours from Athens and its airport, and 1 hour and 15 minutes from Kalamata and its airportโ€ฆfull of cultural gems, great beaches and wild mountainous landscapes. They are trying to bring new life and economy to their villages, in a self-sustaining, technologically-innovative, and environmentally-positive way. And theyโ€™re interested in hosting digital nomads in a community experience where you could work on your own projects and/or volunteer to help the local communities, depending on your interests and availability. They have received some significant international recognition already.

Iโ€™m trying to work out details around a potential gathering approx mid-Nov to mid-Dec. but also want to gauge interest before getting too far. Cost of lodging should be reasonable/ off-season โ€“ apts or private rooms with heat and hot water, and there would be a co-working space + potential community kitchen. @alldreamedup and @munly_leong expressed interested in Greece this fall - have either of you made plans? Also, @srajan821 and @bradonomics - the Meraki people are trying to do something similar to an eco-village, so wanted to give you a shout too.

Hope to hear from some nomads interested this fall (or in the future). Thanks!

Susan

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Whats's a good place to work and surf in Bali?

by @anca_paul 8yr 8 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi everyone!

Iโ€™m looking for a place to stay in Bali - to have a good stable connection, and to be close to a few surfspots. From what Iโ€™ve read on the forum, Ubud is around 1h form a break, which is quite far away.

I will probably go for an apartment, but knowing the location/city first would help a lot! Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Paul

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Can people recommend any eco-villages for visit?

by @skatkov 8yr 8 years ago  | 7 comments

I have this stupid dream of building my own house in a eco-village (yeah, with my own hands). Iโ€™ve seen two villages and found people there very inspirational, they not only told me about their experiences with building eco-house, but they are willing to give me a hand with building one if i plan to move in.

I know itโ€™s not a usual idea for digital nomad to have a house. But group is very diverse - i already meet couple of nomads who have house in eco-villages, but they still keep on travelling with occasional retreat back home. So, maybe you guys have experience visiting those kind of villages? or building your eco-house somewhere outside big cities?

Or maybe where is some eco-digital-nomad-village somewhere already ?:smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best 3G/4G carrier for Bali?

by @jruz 8yr 8 years ago  | 7 comments

Hi, Im going to spend 2 month in Bali mainly in Ubud.
Iโ€™m getting a Hubud membership but donโ€™t want to be trapped there all the time, so I want some reliable mobile connection.

So far Iโ€™ve been checking out:

From the coverage maps on their websites, seems they all cover pretty well the Kuta area, but but other areas not.

My usage is mainly: Github, Slack and one daily Video Call.

Do you have some recommendation on this? I was thinking on Indosat.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Do you want to join my working retreat in pirate village Rom Pho, Thailand?

in Thailand by @skatkov 9yr 9 years ago  | 16 comments

Iโ€™m inviting all the digital nomads on a mini get together in a not so distant gate away in Thailand. Space comfortable for work and for personal life, which will help you get perfect balance :slight_smile:

Limited special offer for digital nomads :slight_smile: Would be happy to hear from everyone. Art projects, startups, events, small conferences are most welcomed :slight_smile:

For details look www.workingretreat.com

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's a great quiet village in central or Eastern Europe to stay?

by @theunisk 9yr 9 years ago  | 12 comments

Iโ€™ve been travelling through some major cities in eastern europe and now Iโ€™m looking to get somewhere a bit more quiet where I can settle for a few weeks, focus and get some work done.
I really enjoy nature and hiking, so it would be great if those come as part of the package.
It would be nice if there are some english speaking people around to meet, but you canโ€™t have everything.

I plan on making my way down the croatian coast (starting from slovenia) at some point in the next couple of months, though right now I imagine itโ€™s extremely busy and relatively expensive. Or are there any spots that could be worth checking out now?
Iโ€™m considering Kotor too.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Do I need a voltage converter for electronics purchased in the US to use in Bali?

by @nihilista 9yr 9 years ago  | 1 comment

Will be bringing the usual items such as a laptop, cell phone, Kindle, etc, but also some electronic personal care items like electric toothbrush, epilator, etc. Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is it fairly common and/or safe for a young single woman to rent a villa in Ubud, Bali?

in Ubud , Indonesia by @nihilista 9yr 9 years ago  | 3 comments

Would this be considered relatively safe or is it advisable a single woman stick to some other accommodation?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone stayed in an ecovillage?

by @lightmotif 9yr 9 years ago  | 5 comments

Has anyone stayed in one (with wifi)? Any recommendations? A friend and I are especially interested in European ones at the moment, but Iโ€™d be interested in reading about experiences with these around the world.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best way to get a visa for Bali?

by @danielgenser 9yr 9 years ago  | 12 comments

How do people typically handle the Bali visa situation? Is it better to just arrive and get the 30 day visa on arrival, and then figure out an extension, if desired once youโ€™re there?

Or is it advisable to go through the process of getting the 60 day (single or multiple entry) visa ahead of time through the consulate here in the USA?

For some context, weโ€™re not 100% sure of how long we are planning on staying thus far, and were hoping to buy tickets to our next destination while in Bali.

Thanks for any advice you may offer!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any fast internet spots in Canggu or Ubud, Bali?

in Canggu , Indonesia by @mark_nagelmann 9yr 9 years ago  | 5 comments

Looking for a connection I can work from, 2+mb/s would be awesome! Just leaving Seminyak, Bali and heading north to Canggu. Iโ€™m desparate for good internet so I can get some work done. Iโ€™m a programmer and need to download/upload ~200mb files on the reg. If you have any fast internet spots near Canggu or Ubud, youโ€™d be helping a nomad out!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do we find accommodation with decent internet in Canggu, Bali?

in Canggu , Indonesia by @poppyjikko 9yr 9 years ago  | 3 comments

How do we find accommodation with decent internet in Canggu ?

Last time we just tried every single guesthouse in our are of interest and found interesting places. We will come back for july-september (quite high season) and wonder if we could find better deals (villa or flat sharingโ€ฆ).

Any experience to share ?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
560ms