Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,886) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find Bangkok apartment rentals <$1,000/mo?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @vesko89 5yr  | 1 comment

Hey all,

i am trying to find a monthly based condo in SUKHUMVIT in BKK becaue i am staying 1-3 Months in BKK. But somehow its nearly impossible to find a nice one. Except Air BnB 1000$+ โ€ฆ

How do you find your Condos in BKK?

Greetings Vesko

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jbg_ 5yr

Itโ€™s been a few years since I rented in BKK, but last time, I took an Airbnb for a few nights and negotiated with the owner for longer term. They were happy to give a significant discount to not pay the Airbnb tax and have a stable tenant.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coliving or other monthly rentals in Seville?

in Seville , Spain by @antoine_th 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Hello Everyone

I'm planning to stay in Seville for 6 weeks for mid January - end of February. Do you any recommandations for a coliving or a place to live in?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Estonia apartment site

in Estonia by @flipchan 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Hey,
In romania there is olx.ro which is like the local ebay, is there a similar site for estonia?

I want to rent an apartment for 3 months

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coliving or other monthly rentals in Barcelona?

in Barcelona , Spain by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Iโ€™m looking for a monthly rental in Barcelona. Iโ€™m only planning to stay 1 or 2 months.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find an apartment to rent in Berlin?

in Berlin , Germany by @julianamundim 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

looking for a place to rent for 3 months in Berlin.
except for Airbnb, have you tried any other online services?
cheers!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a short-term apartment in Casablanca?

in Casablanca , Morocco by @arved1990 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi everyone,

i plan to work from Casablanca from mid of April to begin of June this year and were wondering if anyone knows how to find a short-term apartment or a living commune . AirBnB does not really offer much under 1000 Euro, which seems a bit high for me.

I am looking for a 1-bedroom apartment o a room close to the city centre - budget: max 500 800 Euro. Can someone help?

Thanks! Arved

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Trialing Bangkok

in Bangkok , Thailand by @sp_o2tn1 6yr 6 years ago  | 3 comments

Hey - Iโ€™m heading to Bangkok for a month from the 14th November to see how it feels living and working there for a month in terms of productivity/lifestyle/etc. Iโ€™m a FX/Futures trader so just generally require a decent computer and internet connection.

As far as the basics:
Housing: airbnb in Chatuchak
Workspace: The Hive
Gym: Traininggroundbkk

Any must seeโ€™s / advice / from those who have been to BKK would be appreciated. Likewise If youโ€™re planning on being there over the same period drop me a line!

Cheers

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Moving to Thailand for 6-9 months in August. Bangkok or somewhere else?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @andrea3018 7yr 7 years ago  | 14 comments

Hello Nomads,
I would like to move in Thailand for 6-9 months starting from August.
Iโ€™ll definetely stay in Chiang Mai as base for most of the time but Iโ€™d like to do the first month (August) in Bangkok or somewhere else.
What place would you recommend to visit first?
Would Bangkok be a good place to be during August?
I was also checking at the east coast isles but I got a little frightened out by the moonsoon idea but still, it would be cool to go to beaches and have some sun during that month :slight_smile: .
Would the moonsoons or the rain really be a problem?
Iโ€™ll move to Chiang Mai from september anyway but I would just like to start somewhere else since I have to wait for my girlfriend to come during september.

Thank you in advance for your advices,
Sorry for the bad english,
Andrea

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where can I buy an office chair for my apartment in Chiang Mai?

in Chiang Mai , Thailand by @anderkd 7yr 7 years ago  | 0 comments

The apartment manager suggested kaidee.com, but nothing there. Any suggestions anyone?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a short-term apartment in Lisbon?

in Lisbon , Portugal by @jenny_ 7yr 7 years ago  | 10 comments

Hi everyone,

we plan to work from Lisbon from mid of April to mid of June this year and were wondering if anyone knows how to find a short-term apartment. AirBnB does not really offer much under 1000 Euro, which seems a bit high to us.

We are looking for a 1-bedroom apartment close to the city centre - budget: max 800 Euro. Can someone help?

Thanks! Jenny & Sebastian

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a good apartment in Playa del Carmen for $500/month?

in Playa del Carmen , Mexico by @rusticbohemian 7yr 7 years ago  | 3 comments

Iโ€™m interested in renting in apartment in Playa del carmen, Mexico, for the month of March. Iโ€™d like to pay $400-600 US. Anyone know of any good ones that are within 10-15 minute walking distances of 5th avenue and the downtown Mega grocery store?

Any suggestions welcome.

-Andrew

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Places to stay in bangkok for a few days

by @elirang 7yr 7 years ago  | 5 comments

Hi ,
Im going to be in Bangkok for a few days and iโ€™m searching good places and not expensive price (around 25$ a day max) - iโ€™m thinking on airbnb flat/private room but iโ€™m seeing a lot of hotels/guest houses on this budget.

Do have recommendation on accommodation types/places based on your experience ?

I head that its common in hotels that there is constructions or loud noise from bars โ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a 1-month apartment for rent in Medellin, Colombia?

in Medellรญn , Colombia by @levelsio 7yr 7 years ago  | 12 comments

Iโ€™m visiting Medellin this October for a month and was wondering whatโ€™s the best way to find a place there.

Iโ€™m looking at El Pabelado, but on Airbnb itโ€™s all like $1500, when I know the real rent price there for a 1br should be $600.

Anyone can recommend some locals so I wonโ€™t get scammed/overpay?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Malta: Where to stay, how to find apartments

in Malta by @ryan.d.wardell 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey nomads! I just landed in Malta and Iโ€™m looking to rent a 1br apartment for a month, ideally close to a gym and supermarket.

Am I best sticking around sliema/st julians? Or st paulโ€™s bay? Or in Valletta itself?

Also, I havenโ€™t had much luck finding monthly rentals on airbnb or through simonmamo or other real estate sites - seems to be really tough finding a place for 1-3 months. Any inside tips on how to rent an apartment for a month here?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where should we go as a family? Manila, Cebu or Bangkok?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @kaizenpreneur 8yr 8 years ago  | 6 comments

Hi all,

I am looking to get some advice from the collective on where to set up a temporary base for 4-6 weeks in either BKK, Cebu or Manila.

Iโ€™m looking to spend 4-6 weeks somewhere with my wife and 3-month-old boy as a trial run on being a little more nomadic in work / life balance. In the months leading up to the birth of my son, my work situation become a lot more flexible. So, although I am doing all my work from my home-base, I really am not tied to being here for any other reason than it is where I am at present.

I am keen to spend a few years slow travelling with my family while working as a DM. My wife is open / curious about this but needs a little more experience and convincing, hence a trial run somewhere.

Why these cities?

My wife is a Philippino-Australian so we have family and familiarity with Manila and the Philippines (although neither of us have been to Cebu).

BKK I have been too several times in the last couple of years - we both like the city and have a few contacts there.

Requirements

• Relatively safe
  • Not too remote - for hospitals etc w/ a young child
  • A house / condo / decent apartment at a good cost
  • Possibility to hire assistance / nanny
  • As relatively low cost as possible
  • Reliable and as fast as possible internet access

I currently spend time mentor at some of the accelerators schemes in Australia - so Iโ€™ll be interested to also explore and network the startup / entrepreneur and nomad communities while I am there. As well as having potential conversations around hiring local staff, either as remote workers or if I come back to open up a business.

By way of a little background, I have a history in digital marketing, internet marketing startup consultancy, mentorship and business advisory services.

Based on the above - which location would you recommend that best fits the criteria? any recommendations on property rental? tips or advice for DCers on the ground?

Iโ€™m in BKK for DNX in a couple of weeks if anyone is attending and/or interested in meeting up for a coffee or talking further.

Cheers

Jon

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best ways to find an apartment in Barcelona?

in Barcelona , Spain by @tylertringas 8yr 8 years ago  | 15 comments

Lots of nomads in and headed to Barcelona. Letโ€™s create a central place for resources, guides and sites for finding an apartment.

Iโ€™m headed there in April for 1-3 months (argh, Schengen!). So far Craigslist and Spotahome seem useful. What else is there?

Also any thoughts on neighborhoods would be great here. Right now Iโ€™m looking at Gracia which seems to be the spot. Probably avoid Barrio Gotico and Barceloneta due to masses of tourists. Iโ€™ve heard some good things about El Bornโ€ฆ thoughts?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Renting out apartment on Airbnb while traveling

by @swechris 8yr 8 years ago  | 7 comments

What are some good strategies on taking care of Airbnb managment while on traveling mode?

//Chris

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place to stay in Bangkok?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @csilver34 8yr 8 years ago  | 15 comments

Hey nomads!

Will be flying into Bangkok from NY the second week of March to start off my travels & then move to the South of Thailand.

Anyone have any recommendations for stay in Bangkok?

Thanks nomads!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Good places in Bangkok where phone use is allowed - Coworking places phone use rules?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @djar 8yr 8 years ago  | 2 comments

Hello everyone,
i am currently in Bangkok and looking for a coworking place where taking some calls would not be a problem. I understand that i.e. programmers need silence to work, so what is the solution?

For my work i have to make calls, but i will try to keep my voice down. :slight_smile: What is the policy at the coworking spaces, how do others manage?

Thanks
djar

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

MacBook pro Fan broke, where to go in Bangkok?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @djar 8yr 8 years ago  | 0 comments

I am really a lucky guy. :slight_smile:

On my way to Koh Lanta, i dropped my MacBook from about 10cm. Enought to brake the fan, which is now making starnge noises. Good start to my first nomad experience. :slight_smile:

I think i have to fly back to BKK to get this fixed. Any recommandations? There is no official apple store in Thailand i think.

Can anybody recommand a good store that performes on site repair? Price is secondary, as this is my primary working tool.

Thanks
David

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best coworking space in Bangkok?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @levelsio 8yr 8 years ago  | 11 comments

When Iโ€™m in BKK, I usually work at Hubba, but thereโ€™s been a lot of new spaces popping up recently. Iโ€™ve heard about Launchpad, The Hive etc.

Whatโ€™s your favorite place to work in Bangok?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
508ms