Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,882) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Ideal 6 weeks south of the US border

by @rynesweeney 7yr  | 2 comments

So I have a cruise on May 11 leaving from Cartagena Columbia. I am leaving the country the end of March and I am looking to hit 3-4 cities before setting off. This it probably my last extended stay in South America.

Current game plan:

• 2 weeks in Mexico City
  • 1 week in Havana
  • 1 week in Playa Del Carmen
  • Short term in Bogota
  • 1 week in Medellin
  • Short term in Cartagena

Am I making a mistake omitting Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Peru, Equador etc?

I work usually around 10 hours a week. I would like to spend the rest of my time soaking up the local culture, enjoying the local nightlife, and practicing my improving mediocre spanglish.

Anyone have experience/insight on areas I may enjoy more?

Thanks in advance!

Ryne

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I would skip Havana, or cut it down to just a few days in which you wont work at all as wifi is bad to non-existent. I would also cut maybe out Bogota and add more time to Medellin. I currently live in Medellin and its a nice city with lots to do and great weather, worth spending more time.

6 weeks isnโ€™t very long for this kind of a trip so I wouldnโ€™t add in any more places. For Central America you need more time really to travel around so maybe save that for another trip.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

This trip is a sort of make shift travel stage for a cruise I have in May. So Im throwing together a less than ideal journey but trying to hit some places I think I would enjoy the most right now.

Flights are cheapest into Bogota so I figured Id stay there a couple nights then concentrate more on Medellin. You have confirmed what I have heard about Bogota vs Medellin.

Do you think the Dominican Republic be a a better fit versus Havana?

Thanks @Jodie_Taylor

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place in South East Asia to live for 6+ months per year

in Indonesia by @miklaskroager 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

We're looking for a country in South East Asia that can function as our base, mainly for tax purposes. Meaning it will have to be a place where we can stay for the 183 days required without too much hassle.

We've been looking at Thailand, but have heard that it's very hard to do visa runs etc., so what other can you recommend? Indonesia looked like a good option, but the income rate is a flat 20% and very high for the region.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which countries are reopening borders soon?

by @levelsio 4yr 4 years ago  | 10 comments

Finally found a site with proper info that's updated daily about which places will reopen made by Skift: reopening.travel/reopening/

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is it easy to renew your tourist visa for 6 months in Colombia?

in Colombia by @julien 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

Hello everyone,
I will come to live in Colombia for one year.
What is the best solution with the Visa?
I thought to have a Visa for tourists for 3 months and renewal the visa for 6 months. Is that hard to renewal a tourist Visa in Colombia?
Thank you for your help.
Best,
Julien

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I ensure that getting refused entry to the UK won't keep me from getting an Australian 462 (work and holiday) visa?

in Australia by @allisonkirschbaum 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

On New Yearโ€™s Day this year, I was refused entry to the UK due to not having proof of funds, an outward-bound plane ticket (I was road-tripping out with a friend via car) and not being able to prove that I had indeed canceled the lease on the apartment I had leased during a prior recent trip.

I havenโ€™t had any entry issues to any of the several countries Iโ€™ve visited after, but now Iโ€™m applying for a 462 visa (work and holiday) visa in Australia, and since Australia and the UK share an immigration info system, I want to make sure getting refused entry wonโ€™t keep me from getting a visa. None of the issues that cropped up in the UK (the proof of funds, the plane ticket, and the apartment) will be an issue in Australia, as Iโ€™ve never traveled there before, donโ€™t know anyone and will have proof of more than sufficient funds for the trip and an outbound plane ticket.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to make the approval process go as smoothly as possible?

Many thanks in advance! :smiley:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a short-term (2-3 weeks) in Koลกice?

in Kosice , Slovakia by @adamnowek 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi nomads! Iโ€™m planning to head to Koลกice in May for a few weeks, both to work and to watch some hockey (the World Championships are being co-hosted in the city). Weโ€™ve tried looking into places to stay the usual ways (Airbnb, Booking.com, et al) but it looks like the city is completely sold out during the dates of the hockey tournament.

Does anyone know of any other resources for finding a place in Koลกice? Or does anyone happen to have an apartment to rent out if they want to avoid the onslaught of thousands of hockey fans? :stuck_out_tongue:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Good place on Fiji for expats and remote work for long term (6 month or more)

in Fiji by @zoxel 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hey there dear Nomads,
We were thinking to try out Fiji for some period but after looking at rental prices there were quite surprised (not in a good way).
Though still trying :slight_smile: I would appreciate if some one can advise\share any particular area or place where you can rent something similar to Thai condos (like in Pattaya or Chiang Mai) but in Fiji at some reasonable price.
Hope there is something there :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance for your time.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking for something to prop up my Asus MB169B+

by @jbweimar 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

I recently purchased a second monitor to connect to my MacBook Pro 15". I use the Nextstand laptop stand to get my MacBook to eye level. Iโ€™m wondering what second monitor (without base) users are using to get their second monitor at the same level. I know of this company Elevate Stand (.com), but it seems a bit heavy and bulky (although I guess it must be somewhat, if it is to hold a monitor).

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Moving to Thailand for 6-9 months in August. Bangkok or somewhere else?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @andrea3018 7yr 7 years ago  | 14 comments

Hello Nomads,
I would like to move in Thailand for 6-9 months starting from August.
Iโ€™ll definetely stay in Chiang Mai as base for most of the time but Iโ€™d like to do the first month (August) in Bangkok or somewhere else.
What place would you recommend to visit first?
Would Bangkok be a good place to be during August?
I was also checking at the east coast isles but I got a little frightened out by the moonsoon idea but still, it would be cool to go to beaches and have some sun during that month :slight_smile: .
Would the moonsoons or the rain really be a problem?
Iโ€™ll move to Chiang Mai from september anyway but I would just like to start somewhere else since I have to wait for my girlfriend to come during september.

Thank you in advance for your advices,
Sorry for the bad english,
Andrea

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is anyone using Charles Schwab vs N26 banks?

by @mary_oleksiuk 7yr 7 years ago  | 11 comments

Hi nomads! Iโ€™m trying to figure out all props and cons of using Charles Schwab vs N26 banks. Is anyone using those banks? If yea - what you like/dont like about it. And if income is mostly in US which one is better to open?

Thanks

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking a for a flat to rent in Barcelona from January for 6 months. Anyone?

in Barcelona , Spain by @aleravanetti 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi guys, as I wrote in the title I am planning to move to Barcelona with my girlfriend starting from January 2017 and I am looking to rent a flat for 6 months, possibly in the Born area, but open also to other neighborhoods. My budget is around โ‚ฌ800 per month. Is anyone looking to rent out something that could fit my request? Any help would be appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the ideal digital nomad places in Europe?

by @mrwhite 7yr 7 years ago  | 22 comments

Hello.

I am looking for doing about one month of solid work; I have previously worked out of Chiang Mai and I am looking for something simlar:

• Good coworking place
  • Cheap rent
  • Good food

But in ideally in Europe.

In other words: What are good digital nomading places in Europe? In particular something that is not too dark and cold this of time year.

โ€“ Christian

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

2 Weeks in Asia - Where to go?

by @jacob_tr 8yr 8 years ago  | 9 comments

Hello,

Iโ€™m going to Asia in November, from the 15-30th. My first stop is the Phillipines, I have an office there and am meeting with my team for the first time (never been or seen them, weโ€™ve worked together on the internet), I donโ€™t want to spend too much in Manila, maybe 2-5 days - so I was thinking of heading to Palawan for 5 days, but then venturing out of the Phillipines and going to Laos or Cambodia or Thailand (still undecided). And then ending the trip with a few days of refreshment in Bali or may skip Bali if it makes the trip to crammed.

Iโ€™ve been to Thailand (10 years ago when I was 8, so you can probably write it off as a never been) Iโ€™ve also been to Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau, KL, Bali, Japan. - so want to avoid those areas (excluding Thailand) - but I think 2 weeks is really limited.

Things I love are beautiful waterfalls, turquoise beaches/reefs, exploring incredible places โ€“ I donโ€™t want to be bored lazing by the beach all day for days. I was in Kuala Lumpur for 5 days a couple of weeks ago and found myself bored by the 3rd day, so I think I like to move often.

What do you think I should do to get the best out of this? Iโ€™m going with my best friend and meeting one of my employees/friend from Venezuela whose coming from a 40 hour journey so I want to make this trip the best for all of us.

This is my first proper trip to Asia / taste of digital nomadism, so I want to make it great :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I'll be entering the UK for 6 months, will immigration ask to see my finances?

by @shayna 8yr 8 years ago  | 24 comments

Hi!

I (American) and my husband (Brazilian) are going to London for 6 months.

Heโ€™s going to study English - heโ€™s already registered & paid for the course.

Iโ€™m going to be a touristโ€ฆ and work on my online business.

Iโ€™ve heard UK border control can be a bit difficult and am wondering if they are likely to ask for financial evidence that we can support ourselves for six months.

I have savings in the bank, but of course Iโ€™ll also be receiving regular, stable income from the online business (I could show them a history of payments stretching back a year or more, if necessary).

Any thoughts/tips?

Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is anyone in Tenerife? I'm moving there for at least 6 months

in Tenerife , Spain by @andrea3018 8yr 8 years ago  | 9 comments

Hello Nomads,
is anyone in Tenerife at the moment? Iโ€™m moving there from the 1st of August and not getting out of it for at least 6 months.
Iโ€™m going to stay in Puerto De La Cruz.
Do any of you has ever been there and do you recommend this city to me? Or should I look for an apartment elsewhere in Tenerife?
Also, how do you find cheap long-term houses there? I would love one with a private pool.

Thanks,
Andrea

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is the cheapest option to get out of Colombia for 1-2 weeks and come back

in Colombia by @matthieudrula 8yr 8 years ago  | 6 comments

Hi,
This is quite a specific question but can be generic in term of method.
I need to get some time out of Bogota so I can come on the remaining days of my touristic visa in order to enrol in a cheapest university to study Spanish.
So basically going out for 2 weeks, come back, do the papers during the 3 remaining weeks.
Iโ€™m trying to find the cheapest flight + hotel combination for this period of time using Nomadlist.
Anybody has a better method/experience?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone interested to do a Scotland/Cape Town flat swap in 2016?

in Cape Town , South Africa by @susangaigher 8yr 8 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi there! I have a one-bedroom flat in Cape Town, South Africa where I am based most of the time. I like to go on 2/3-month trips while working remotely, and am keen to go to Scotland (prefer Edinburgh) next.

I work for myself so am very flexible. If you are keen to swap flats, contact me! Cape Town is amazing, youโ€™ll have a ball. You can even have my friends for the duration of your stay :smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I become a Front-End developer in 6 months?

by @adsieg01 8yr 8 years ago  | 17 comments

Iโ€™m an aspiring DN and my best chances for getting a job are to continue developing my Front-End skills until I can get a steady stream of income. Iโ€™ve never been hired for this kind of work. Before it was just a hobby but now Iโ€™m quite seriousโ€ฆany suggestions to go from 0 to employed in 6 months? Also I live in China.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How can I stay in Thailand for 6 months as a European?

in Thailand by @giovanni 8yr 8 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi, tried to find an answer on the internet & in this forum, but no luckโ€ฆ

With the changed visa requirements/visa runs how do you guys stay in Thailand for an extended amount of time? Currently living in Rio de Janeiro - but would love to spend +6months (up to 12) in Chiang Mai, without following Thai classes :wink:

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which places in Southern Thailand offer the ideal work and play balance?

in Thailand by @eot_fly 8yr 8 years ago  | 5 comments

Hi everyone,
Iโ€™ve been in Chiang Mai, for a month, and would like to go down south for another 2 months. My priority is finding a location where I can work from, preferably somewhere that is not too touristy, yet not too remote either. Do you have any recommendations in regards to finding a place that is both attractive (beaches, scenery, outdoor activities etc.) and ideal for getting work done (co-working spaces, cafes, not too overcrowded)?

Iโ€™ve been looking into the Krabi region (Ao Nang, Lanta, Koh Lipe) and the Surat Thani region (Ko tao, Phangan and Samui). Since I have never visited any of those places, I am not quite sure if they are well suited for working as much as doing touristic activities.

Thank you

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Who is planning to visit Croatia in 2016?

in Croatia by @tomislavmamic 8yr 8 years ago  | 8 comments

There was a bunch of nomads visiting Croatia this year, and many said they might return again. I was wondering who else has Croatia in their plans or a wish list for the next year?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
521ms