Introduce yourself — who are you, where are you and what do you do?

What’s your name?
Davide

Where are you from?
My hometown is Palermo, Italy, but I have been living in London for 10 years, not sure which one I should call home really :smiley:

How long have you been away from home?
10 Years I guess

What do you do?
I’ve done a bunch of things overtime:
Industrial Designer » UX Designer » Product Manager » Software Engineer
with photography and music thrown in between (Recorded two album and toured Italy a few times).

where are you currently?
Budapest for a month

where are you going?
Planning to explore the world, so for now something like Budapest » Prague » Singapore » Thailand » Bali

What’s your name?
Yvonne
where are you from?
The Netherlands
how long have you been away from home?
Only about 6 weeks
what do you do?
I am a front-end developer (Pink Paisley Designs) and a guitar tech
where are you currently?
Maui, Hawaii
where are you going?
Staying here for a while
will you go home anytime soon?
Yes, but only for a few weeks before I leave again
what have you learnt during your time as a nomad?
I can feel at home pretty much anywhere!

I’d love to meet up with other nomads, because this is all new to me, even though I know for sure this is the lifestyle I love. :slight_smile:

What’s your name?
Michel

where are you from?
Aruba

how long have you been away from home?
I have been away from home for around 19 years, but had two long stints in California and Florida, before finally going true nomad in June this year.

what do you do?
I am a software architect. What that really means is that I do a lot of Lynda courses and get myself involved in starting a lot of applications that someone else finishes.

where are you currently?
In Aruba
where are you going?
Dominican Republic for two weeks, then back to San Francisco(where my job is), then to Sao Paolo, back to Aruba, then Medellin.

will you go home anytime soon?
I’m home now.

what have you learnt during your time as a nomad?
It’s not easy to eat healthy, so I tend to feel hungrier more often. Said goodbye to having a meaningful romantic relationship. It’s better to have less than more, so moving around is getting easier.

People are nice so far, but the more I nomad the more I want to have a base everywhere on earth :slight_smile:

Hi folks, I’m Anthony from Upstate NY (Washington County). I’ve been nomadic since May of this year (2018). I’m a programmer/project manager/indie hacker (you can check me out here: https://formico.io). I’m currently living near Medellín Colombia, planning to stay in Colombia until the holidays, then explore more of Latin America.

tl,dr. Feel free to ping me to hangout/cocktails/co-working via Slack handle: @tomchentw.

Hi everyone, I’m Tom Chen (tomchentw) from Taiwan and I’ve been doing remote jobs since the beginning of 2015.

I worked mostly in web front-end, with specialities in React.js and Single-Page-Applications.

During leisure hours I like exploring cocktail bars and hostels, both are really new and interesting to me. I’m currently traveling/nomading in Singapore, and planned to go to Malaysia and Thailand in my next few weeks. Probably east Europe after these in the 2019 Winter/Spring.

Personality-wise, I’m an introvert but trying to be more socialized. I like meeting new people but not too much at the same time, which I really enjoy chatting deeply with a person in a day :slight_smile:.