Introduce yourself — who are you, where are you and what do you do?

Hello awesome nomads- I’m Sara!

Where are you from?
I’m originally from Texas.

How long have you been away from home?
I’ve moved around the globe a bit for the last 10 years. However, I like to stay in each place for a few years before the next adventure :smile:

What do you do?
I’m the Founder of a new pet sitting and travel app called Pet Digs :dog::cat:

I’m excited to help other nomads travel more easily! The idea is that you get a free place to stay in exchange for taking care of a pet! We just launched in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are currently available to US residents and citizens, however, we hope to expand to international travelers soon. Please contact me for details if you would like to join our community!

Where are you currently?
I’m currently based in Barcelona and go back and forth between here and the US (with some other travels on the side).

What has been memorable for you so far?
The unexpected friendships that I have created along the way have been the most memorable part of the nomad experience. Even if I was somewhere for a few weeks or months, it was wonderful to make a connection and stay in touch.

Look forward to connecting with other nomads here! Feel free to say hello!

Happy travels!
Sara

Hi, I’m Stefan Vetter and I just joined :wave: I am the founder of Wortspiel, a digital marketing agency from Switzerland. We’re a team of 11, working remotely since our start 5 years ago. Our clients include WordPress/Automattic, Swiss Post and the city of Zurich. My next trip will be to :thailand: Thailand in January. I’m looking forward to meeting you :wave:

what’s your name?  Dean
where are you from? Vancouver, Canada
how long have you been away from home? Since 2010 - 11 years now - only home average 1 week a year since left  as still have Mother there.
what do you do? Own a packaging business I can run from anywhere.
where are you currently? Manila
where are you going? Want to do Cambodia - both big cities.   Vietnam - the 2 big cities.  And Chiang Mai.   Have done the rest - and always end up back in Manila - English is so good and the people are nice.   Internet getting better =)  But ya - June to November - storm and rainy - sucks.
what has been memorable for you so far?  Just seeing all of asia - swimming in some 30 floors above city pools etc.  The beaches - wow.  
will you go home anytime soon?  Go home in June when can as my Mom nears her 80th so I try to catch every bday I can.
what have you learnt during your time as a nomad?  Have to be patient.  I get they doing best they can.   Have come to accept culture will always be different no longer how long I am somewhere or know someone - will never really know them as didn't grow up like them.

My question - where is good place to go June to November for dry and warm weather? I need warm - like 28 Celsius and above =)

Hi there!

I’m Adeoluwa Adejumo, Nigerian prince.

i stay in Ibadan, calm city and good weather for the most part

How did you fine the Como region? Do you think there’s taxis or public transportation to hop around? We won’t have a car, only bikes. : )

Hello, mind if I ask you a few questions about the Como region? I’m considering going in April-May, but we won’t have a car, only our bikes. Would you say there’s sufficient public transportation to get around the area? Any insight is helpful! Thanks.

Hi Nomadlist peeps,

I’ve been a member for year+ but finally got the motivation to get involved and get engaged with the community here in the forums.

My name is Fatih. I’m a product/team manager with full-stack engineer background and father by night. My home base in Brooklyn, New York immigrated from Istanbul, Turkey 10 years ago and occasionally nomadic living human being.

I had a year-long moving around + cross country from the US east coast to the south then west and north route with my wife and twin daughters. We started when they were 1 year old and returned back to Brooklyn 5 months ago. I’d love to tell more about my journey taking 10 flights in 2 months in Europe with twin babies then spending 7 months on the road, driving coast to coast while managing a multi-time zone team of 6-10 people and trying to run agency/startup business.

Because of my kids, we sort of settled in our home base for now but I have a long time itch to do a southeast Asia for 3+ months with them and perhaps meet with some of you in person!

I would love to share more on this topic if anyone is interested.