Is Three's 'Go Roam' package any good for British nomads?

Hey, Three in the UK offer a ‘Go Roam’ package that - at first glance - looks good for nomads.

It essentially promises data use abroad, up to 12GB,

I’d link to Three’s FAQ for Go Roam, but as I’m a new user I can’t.

Bali/Indonesia and Australia are both included, which are top destinations for me.

Thailand is not, which may be annoying.

I could do with a new iPhone before I leave for Bali again in January and as I’ve been launching a new business, am a bit short on cash.

Unsure if this is a good solution, or if it makes more sense to sit-it-out on my iPhone 6 until I can buy an iPhone XS Max with cash and stick whatever SIM I want in it.

What do you guys think?

Cheers!

UPDATE: Three UK support have confirmed their ‘Go Roam’ phone contracts are useless for anyone except casual holidaymakers.

‘If you roam exclusively in a Go Roam Around the World destination for any 2 complete months in a rolling 12 month period , we may suspend international roaming on your account, which means you’ll no longer be able to use your device or allowances abroad.’

Sorry for the false hope - although others may find this post when they search!

There is a middle ground between full time travelling and casual holidaymakers.

I’m in the UK about half the time and have a Three mobile broadband contract and a PAYG SIM in my phone. They’re very useful for travelling. The contract is maybe the best £24 I spend each month. I mostly travel in places where Three charges nothing extra so almost everywhere I go I just have internet. One caveat is it’s usually slower than a local SIM, because it’s limited to 3G in most countries and roundtrips to the UK take time from far away (so they can bill you correctly).

I’d at least consider a PAYG SIM as an inexpensive backup internet option.