Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,887) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking for a place to stay in Seattle for 4 months

in Seattle , United States by @arturogh 9yr  | 1 comment

Im landing in Seattle to find a place to stay for 4 months in june :). Iโ€™m a photographer and designer studying a UX 10 week course in General Assembly.

Anyone have a place they can offer? Any tips to help with the search?
Thanks! :smiley:

You can check out my photos here if your interested http://arturo.photos

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I just got a place with someone in Washington DC for GAโ€™s WDI course.

A graduate asked on the alumni slack for me but I also had many offers by posting a quick post on craigslist.

Also, good luck! :smiley:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place in South East Asia to live for 6+ months per year

in Indonesia by @miklaskroager 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

We're looking for a country in South East Asia that can function as our base, mainly for tax purposes. Meaning it will have to be a place where we can stay for the 183 days required without too much hassle.

We've been looking at Thailand, but have heard that it's very hard to do visa runs etc., so what other can you recommend? Indonesia looked like a good option, but the income rate is a flat 20% and very high for the region.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking for a warm place, possibly near the sea with excellent wifi

by @mariaplslourdes 4yr 4 years ago  | 12 comments

hello :wave: Iโ€™m planning my next trip (from January/February), and Iโ€™m looking for a place where itโ€™s hot, with the sea, and good wifi.
At the moment I live in Paris and work with San Francisco times, so preferably I wouldnโ€™t go to Asia.
Iโ€™m thinking, South Africa or South America, what do you recommend?
Thank you

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is it easy to renew your tourist visa for 6 months in Colombia?

in Colombia by @julien 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

Hello everyone,
I will come to live in Colombia for one year.
What is the best solution with the Visa?
I thought to have a Visa for tourists for 3 months and renewal the visa for 6 months. Is that hard to renewal a tourist Visa in Colombia?
Thank you for your help.
Best,
Julien

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to stay in Australia for longer than 3 months

in Australia by @rose_davis 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey there!

Iโ€™m planning on spending 3 months in Australia next year on a tourist visa. Iโ€™ve already gotten my working holiday visa (in 2017), but unfortunately didnโ€™t get to take advantage of the full year (only stayed 3 months).

My boyfriend will be able to get his working holiday visa before we go, so Iโ€™m wondering if anyone knows of a way that I might be able to extend my stay (6 months would be ideal, if longer I wouldnโ€™t complain).

Iโ€™d like to do this legally of course, so Iโ€™m wondering about a student visa. Anyone have experience getting this to extend their stay?

And other workarounds that might be worth exploring?

Might also be worth noting โ€“ Iโ€™ll be working while Iโ€™m there (for a US-based company) and I am American.

Appreciate the help!

Rose

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I ensure that getting refused entry to the UK won't keep me from getting an Australian 462 (work and holiday) visa?

in Australia by @allisonkirschbaum 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

On New Yearโ€™s Day this year, I was refused entry to the UK due to not having proof of funds, an outward-bound plane ticket (I was road-tripping out with a friend via car) and not being able to prove that I had indeed canceled the lease on the apartment I had leased during a prior recent trip.

I havenโ€™t had any entry issues to any of the several countries Iโ€™ve visited after, but now Iโ€™m applying for a 462 visa (work and holiday) visa in Australia, and since Australia and the UK share an immigration info system, I want to make sure getting refused entry wonโ€™t keep me from getting a visa. None of the issues that cropped up in the UK (the proof of funds, the plane ticket, and the apartment) will be an issue in Australia, as Iโ€™ve never traveled there before, donโ€™t know anyone and will have proof of more than sufficient funds for the trip and an outbound plane ticket.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to make the approval process go as smoothly as possible?

Many thanks in advance! :smiley:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Just Carry on with Nomatic 40l Travel Bag and LowePro Tactic 450 AW II?

by @vesko89 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey all.

I bought this 2 Backpacks and now i got a little bit unsure about. Could I travel just carry on with them?
Will the Low Pro Tactic 450 AW II be allowed as personal item (Camera Bag) ?

Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

Greetings Vesko

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Suggestions for home base for 10 months in Mexico or Panama next year?

in Mexico by @we_are_escaping 5yr 5 years ago  | 14 comments

Weโ€™re researching places to use as a home base next year, and are leaning towards Mexico or Panama for 10 months (with 1 week โ€œvacationsโ€ to explore surrounding countries)

But, I want to settle some place where the infrastructure is good enough for fast, reliable internet - fast enough to run live webinars without worrying that Iโ€™ll be S.O.L due to internet issues when itโ€™s time to go live.

And ideally, Iโ€™d like to be on the coastโ€ฆ I like to have ocean/beach access without the need for a drive.

And not in a malaria zone (just saying, since Panama in particular has many areas that Iโ€™d rule out simply due to the need for malaria prevention meds)โ€ฆ itโ€™s one thing to take that stuff for a few weeks long trip, but I donโ€™t want to take it for months on end.

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading all :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Nomad Family looking for a short term rental in Mumbai

in Mumbai , India by @ricardomolina 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hello All,
We are a nomad family starting our journey in Medellin. India / Mumbai to be specific is our next destination.
I am finding it very difficult to find properties in AirBnB within a reasonable budget and makaan and magicbricks is cumbersome.

Anyone has had any experience on best approach to find where to stay?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ricardo

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which coworking spaces are open 24/7?

by @yako 6yr 6 years ago  | 13 comments

Does anyone know of any coworking space open 24hs somewhere around the world? Sometimes because of my line of work I need to be awake when everyone is sleeping on the country I am in (but I know I am not the only one!). It would be amazing to share that time at a coworking space with others who like to work at night or who have to be awake. Does anyone know of any coworking space open 24hs somewhere in the world?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking for something to prop up my Asus MB169B+

by @jbweimar 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

I recently purchased a second monitor to connect to my MacBook Pro 15". I use the Nextstand laptop stand to get my MacBook to eye level. Iโ€™m wondering what second monitor (without base) users are using to get their second monitor at the same level. I know of this company Elevate Stand (.com), but it seems a bit heavy and bulky (although I guess it must be somewhat, if it is to hold a monitor).

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Moving to Thailand for 6-9 months in August. Bangkok or somewhere else?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @andrea3018 7yr 7 years ago  | 14 comments

Hello Nomads,
I would like to move in Thailand for 6-9 months starting from August.
Iโ€™ll definetely stay in Chiang Mai as base for most of the time but Iโ€™d like to do the first month (August) in Bangkok or somewhere else.
What place would you recommend to visit first?
Would Bangkok be a good place to be during August?
I was also checking at the east coast isles but I got a little frightened out by the moonsoon idea but still, it would be cool to go to beaches and have some sun during that month :slight_smile: .
Would the moonsoons or the rain really be a problem?
Iโ€™ll move to Chiang Mai from september anyway but I would just like to start somewhere else since I have to wait for my girlfriend to come during september.

Thank you in advance for your advices,
Sorry for the bad english,
Andrea

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I'm looking for a European city with a great connection to the outdoors. Help?

by @justinbosco 7yr 7 years ago  | 23 comments

Iโ€™m in the middle of doing some research for our next destination within Europe and Iโ€™m hoping to get some suggestions from some outdoor enthusiasts whoโ€™ve spent time on the continent.

My favorite cities are Innsbruck, Austria and Bergen, Norway because you can be downtown having a beer one minute and thenโ€ฆ boomโ€ฆ up the mountain in the middle of nowhere 15 minutes later. Iโ€™m looking for a similar place to spend a month or two this winter. Places like these are hard to find because โ€œmid-size european cities with great hiking nearbyโ€ doesnโ€™t return too many relevant results on Google. Great adventure towns are usually in the middle of nowhere, the kind of places youโ€™ll need to rent a car to get to the grocery store, and places with good public transportation are usually concrete jungles. But places like Innsbruck and Bergen manage to combine the best of both worlds.

Has anyone come across similar places theyโ€™d recommend?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Short term (1-3 months) in Medellin?

in Medellรญn , Colombia by @jodie_taylor 7yr 7 years ago  | 30 comments

Hello all,

Iโ€™m just interested on anyones experience of renting short term (1-3 months) accommodation in Medellin, Colombia.

I had a look on Airbnb of course, lots of places, on the more expensive which isnโ€™t a huge issueโ€ฆ Iโ€™m just wondering if in anyones experience itโ€™s better to take a room for a week and shop around when I get there or whether I should just book a month upfront? I recently had a bad experience with Airbnb so not dying to go down that road again just yet if Iโ€™m honest.

Iโ€™ll be arriving in Medellin from November onwards over the Xmas period and likely through till January, maybe longer. Another friend is coming with me so we could potentially rent a 2 bed apartment, or Iโ€™d also be happy in a studio or a private room in a decent house even. Iโ€™m thinking El Poblano or Laureles, as we are two girls with limited Spanish.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

3 Months in India, Any Suggestions?

in India by @yuvalbarhai 7yr 7 years ago  | 16 comments

Hello everyone!

I want to DN India for 3 months (or more) and the country is huge so Iโ€™m not sure how to start planning this, maybe you guys can help :slight_smile:
My major concern is the internet, from what Iโ€™ve read itโ€™s really bad - is that true?
What am I looking for:

1. Spiritual oriented towns.
  2. Near (or in) some beautiful nature (doesnโ€™t necessarily have to be near a beach)
  3. Decent speed internet. I can deal with unreliable internet that wont work all day long, but I canโ€™t handle really slow internet.
  4. 1 month stay in each town.

What am I NOT looking for:
Big cities like New Delhi.

Time - can be anytime of the year.
Weather - I donโ€™t mind hot weather, but donโ€™t want below 0 weather.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated, if what Iโ€™m looking for is even possible. Thanks! :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is it too late to become a digital nomad at 40?

by @roadwalker 7yr 7 years ago  | 36 comments

Hello, i am a developer from italy currently working in south of france.
I would really like to go nomad as i donโ€™t like my current job and i would like to try new experiences in other countries.
I saved lot of money in the past and i donโ€™t have wife/son.My only fear is linked to my age. Going from 9-18 stable job to earn nothing is a litte bit crazy at this age. If i fail as a nomad(n it could be probably difficult to find another job.
I have good knowledge of java/javascript and i programmed in the past with many other languages. I am also familiar with iOS sdk /android and SEO: i was not able to make good stable incomes from apps and blogs as side projects working some hours during the week.
What do you think about my situation? thanks

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anybody encountered a travel gear mfr that intentionally makes crappy-looking gear?

by @octavient 7yr 7 years ago  | 8 comments

Has anybody ever encountered a travel gear manufacturer that makes gear that is solid and durable, but that is intentionally designed to look old and crappy? For international travel, I want good, durable gear, but Iโ€™m uncomfortable walking around with slick, brand-new-looking, expensive-looking gear (especially with my family in tow). Iโ€™m happy to snatch up any good used gear (reduce, reuse, recycle) that weโ€™re lucky enough to encounter, but selection is limited, and durability is often compromised. Seems like thereโ€™d be a decent market for some durable but ragged-looking travel gear. What i have in mind is luggage, backpacks, laptop cases, smartphone cases, camera bags, infant/toddler carriers, etc. Iโ€™m sensitive to the preppy fad of clueless, well-off westerners dressing up like the poor in naive but trendy mockery, but thatโ€™s not what Iโ€™m after, here. I just want good gear that doesnโ€™t put a target on my back as we traipse around various parts of the world. Anybody have any thoughts on thisโ€ฆ?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anybody around Europe over the next few months?

by @paulrose 7yr 7 years ago  | 9 comments

Hi All

Soโ€ฆ a few months ago when I was in Asia, for some reason I decided that it was gonna be too hot over the summer months and I wanted to mix it up with a few months touring Europe. So I had the idea to buy and RV and drive round for a few months.

Meet Teagan :slight_smile:

Itโ€™s taken a few months going through the process of getting my license to drive the RV, because itโ€™s so large it wasnโ€™t covered on my standard driving license. Add to that, I had some solar panels fitted for unlimited power, and a massive satellite dish for internet wherever I go.

Iโ€™ve now got my ferry booked out of the UK for September 11th and at the moment have no plans past the first few weeks.

Has anyone on here done anything similar before? Any places recommended, or anyone around Europe over the next few months?

Iโ€™m doing about 3 months worth before heading to Vegas for NYE and around the states for a few months after that before back to Asia for a bit.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place in South / central america for 3 months

by @jjuter 7yr 7 years ago  | 9 comments

I am looking to live in south or central america for 3 months. Anybody have any recomondations of places for a long term stay?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is a 4G sim device in addition to phone advisable in SE Asia?

by @anderkd 7yr 7 years ago  | 4 comments

Iโ€™m planning a visit to Chiang Mai and Bali starting in April. I have a Google Nexus which has worked flawlessly in Mexico at least. Assuming it will work just as well in CM and Bali? If I decide not to work in a coworking space, but rather Airbnb w/wifi and/or Coffee shops wifi, would a dedicated 4g sim card device be worth spening $75 USD to purchase, plus local sim, plus potential SIM hassle, or just rely on Nexus hotspot + airbnb and coffee shop Wifi?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking a for a flat to rent in Barcelona from January for 6 months. Anyone?

in Barcelona , Spain by @aleravanetti 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi guys, as I wrote in the title I am planning to move to Barcelona with my girlfriend starting from January 2017 and I am looking to rent a flat for 6 months, possibly in the Born area, but open also to other neighborhoods. My budget is around โ‚ฌ800 per month. Is anyone looking to rent out something that could fit my request? Any help would be appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
455ms