Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,884) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

MacBook pro Fan broke, where to go in Bangkok?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @djar 8yr  | 0 comments

I am really a lucky guy. :slight_smile:

On my way to Koh Lanta, i dropped my MacBook from about 10cm. Enought to brake the fan, which is now making starnge noises. Good start to my first nomad experience. :slight_smile:

I think i have to fly back to BKK to get this fixed. Any recommandations? There is no official apple store in Thailand i think.

Can anybody recommand a good store that performes on site repair? Price is secondary, as this is my primary working tool.

Thanks
David

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do you deal with โ€œproof of addressโ€ for banking and investing and other random stuff?

by @eljaques 4yr 4 years ago  | 6 comments

How do you guys deal with the dreaded โ€œproof of addressโ€ for banking and investing and other random stuff?

I donโ€™ have the option to have a family member do this for me, sadly (not wanting to use that country as residence for tax implications).

This has to be a pretty regular problem for most who arenโ€™t doing the old timey โ€œlive in one place and pay bills there foreverโ€ thing. Suggestions? Services? Hacks? Workarounds?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is the best way to approach Taiwan?

in Taiwan by @zoxel 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

We have never been in Taiwan (a couple of travelers) and I am just wondering is possible to find there some quite clean place to hang for a while? How it is better to start? Are there any websiteโ€™s for short and long term rentals? It looks like AirBnB is not that popular there. So it seems that usual tactics - rent hotel or airbnb for short term and then look for long term just driving around might not work. It looks like everything there in Chinese - so if there are any tips how to overcome this - that is more then welcome :slight_smile: Overall just interested in any suggestion - where best to go first? Also is it hard to extend your stay there - we are digital nomads - so working for some company overseas and probably will be extending as a tourist (If we like there).
Sorry for so many questions - but this is really some terra incognita for me :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anyone been terminated by Project Fi?

by @jackgopack 4yr 4 years ago  | 15 comments

Any long terms Project Fi users cancelled?

Planning on being outside of the US for a year or more and disappointed to just discover their โ€œtermination for excessive international roamingโ€ fine print (similar to T-Mobileโ€™s) as follows:

โ€œThe Services must be primarily used in the United States and are not intended for extended international use. Further, the Services are designed for use predominantly within our network. If your usage outside our network is excessive, abnormally high, or cause us to incur too much cost, we may, at our option and sole discretion, suspend your Project Fi account, terminate your service, or limit your use of roaming.โ€

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to balance enjoyment and productivity?

by @sukienniko 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

Itโ€™s interesting to me that this hasnโ€™t been asked already, as this is the biggest conflict for me in my nomadic lifestyle. Essentially, it boils down to: How can I make the most of being in a place, but not let that detract from my progress in my work?

For example: I just finished a short trip to Taiwan where I gave myself the restriction of only working a maximum of 4 hours per day, as I wanted to make the most of time there but not completely neglect my ongoing projects. But this is probably not feasible in the long termโ€ฆ or is it?

So I ask you my fellow nomads: what kind of setups have you devised/rules imposed in your own lifestyle to achieve the balance between enjoyment and productivity?

P.S. letโ€™s assume that in this situation, being a nomad is economically more feasible than settling somewhere. That way, being in a foreign place is a mandatory part of the equation. If the question were simply, how can one make the most effective career progress, the answer would most likely be: โ€œsit your ass down in one place and get to work.โ€ :stuck_out_tongue:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Property Ownership - should digital nomads buy properties?

by @sparrow_23 5yr 5 years ago  | 16 comments

I have been a digital nomad for the last couple of years. I have always worked in tech and now run a couple of profitable online businesses that give me a reliable income and allow me to fund a nomadic lifestyle.

I recently exited one of my businesses and I am considering to invest the income from the sale in properties, mainly for 2 reasons:

a) I donโ€™t want to keep wasting my money in renting apartments across the cities I stay

b) I believe in properties as investment and I want to diversify my investment portfolio (mainly stocks)

After years of constant wander from one place to another, now I am the type of digital nomad who sticks to few locations: I mainly rotate across 4 places each year (San Francisco, Medellin, Berlin, Bali). Buying a house in each of those location would be difficult and too expensive. Therefore, I was wondering if there was any sort of service that combines an investment opportunity with the ability to access different properties around the world (even if just for a limited time per year) ?

Imagine living in 4 cities per year and having a house in each place that you can exclusively use for 3 months and at the same time having your investment growing (this depending on the market, of course). Wouldnโ€™t that be great? I believe it could be done via a property fund selling you a share and giving you access to some of their properties for a limited timeframe each year.

Has anyone heard of anything like that?

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any Estonia e-residency company viritual office provider that accepts cryptocurrency?

in Estonia by @64tankman 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

I previously use Profia. Contract is ending and I want to have someone who accepts crypto payment instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Can anyone recommend a good Spanish language learning program in Alicante or Valencia?

in Valencia , Spain by @charliemartel 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

Iโ€™m looking to spend 1-3 months in Alicante or Valencia this fall and would like to take a Spanish class there.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Just Carry on with Nomatic 40l Travel Bag and LowePro Tactic 450 AW II?

by @vesko89 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey all.

I bought this 2 Backpacks and now i got a little bit unsure about. Could I travel just carry on with them?
Will the Low Pro Tactic 450 AW II be allowed as personal item (Camera Bag) ?

Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

Greetings Vesko

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where to buy Sony A7RIII, Macbook Pro ... CHEAPEST :)

by @vesko89 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Ola!
I am starting soon with my Digital Nomad Lifestyle and I need to buy a lot of gear.

• Sony A7RIII + Lenses
  • MacBook Pro
  • GoPro6
  • Drone DJI Phantom 4 Pro

This are the most expensive parts.

So in which Country should I buy the stuff? I am living in Germany at the moment and its not really cheap here. Would be great to save some money and see the country. 2 Flys with 1 Punch :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time!

Best wishes Vesko

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Should I travel with a MacBook Pro 13" or 15"?

by @ileitch 6yr 6 years ago  | 12 comments

Hey!

Iโ€™m wondering how many developers travel with a MBP 13" vs 15"? I currently use a late-2012 13" for iOS development, but Iโ€™m pondering the 15" because Xcode is so resource hungry. On the downside, it is rather heavyโ€ฆ

Do you travel with a 15"? Do you wish youโ€™d opted for the 13" instead?

Cheers

• Ian

P.S Iโ€™m asking developers specifically as system spec is more crucial than, say, for a copywriter.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anyone from EU bought tickets at Ticketmaster.com and Fandango.com for USA

by @gmisjura1 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey everyone,

I got into situation when nothing really helped me, and now searching for alternatives.

Two web site where I was trying to buy tickets for Tribeca film festival and just cinema do not let me to buy tickets and the websites are quite big -

Ticketmaster.com
Fandango.com

My question is , does anyone know alternative where I could buy tickets for example Madisson Square show and AMC Cinema screening. Eventbite worked fine for example with European card.

Best,

Georgius.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Project Fi (and AT&T Roaming) in Canada

in Canada by @danicatalina 6yr 6 years ago  | 4 comments

Going on 3-6 month #vanlife trip throughout the USA and Canada, and setting up my data connectivity to be able to work on the road. Without going into depth (unless you ask), Iโ€™m trying to figure out options for cell service as a US citizen in Canada, and looking for everyoneโ€™s input:
(1) Project Fi: any experience or feedback on how Fi works in Canada? Iโ€™ll be almost exclusively in British Columbia.
(2) US Carriers: any feedback on AT&T or Verizon?

Thanks, all!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What problems do you face while working remotely?๐Ÿค”

by @stvbutlr 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi all,

For those of you who work remotely, I think the community would love to hear about your problems โ€ฆ I know I would.

When working remotely what problems do you face with your day to day work and/or employer(s)? โ€ฆ Please list anything and everything that comes to mind!

• Ideally, people who have overcome the problem(s) will weigh in with recommendations. :ok_hand:
  • With this information, people who wish to join the nomadic lifestyle can better prepare for the transition from โ€˜office jobโ€™ to โ€˜remote workโ€™. :airplane:๏ธ

Some topics that might trigger some inspiration for reply. :speech_balloon:

• trust from employer
  • communication
  • project management
  • payment
  • timezones
  • culture/teamwork/colleagues
  • stress/anxiety

Cheers,

Steve

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How can life for digital nomads in Canada be improved?

in Canada by @wesbooth 6yr 6 years ago  | 11 comments

Hi future friends!

Iโ€™m new to this so bare with me, please. My name is Wes Booth and Iโ€™m from Nova Scotia, Canada looking to start my nomad journey. Iโ€™ve noticed that Canada is not an ideal desitination for digital nomads, whyโ€™s that? Too expensive? Inconvenient? Too cold? I would like to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone gone through the MM2H (Malaysia My 2nd Home) process?

in Malaysia by @mmorris 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

We are looking to get the ball rolling and are wondering if anyone else has done it.

We are looking for an agent and are also wondering how far in you can open a Malaysian bank account.

If you know someone who was helpful, let me know!

Thanks

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are some good resources for professional prospective Mexican Nomads to do freelance translations and copyediting in Spanish in the United States and Canada?

in Canada by @nightchimp 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

I have a friend who is a UNAM graduate in Philology (I know, wow, a Renaissance Woman), who has been creating textual translations between Spanish, English and sometimes Russian for writers, poets and journalists in Mexico City. She is very good at what she does, and has a client base, and just recently gained a client in the US. I want her to be able to take advantage of digital means to reach potential clients in the US and Canada, especially in regions where there are not a lot of Spanish speakers already present and active in this work locally. What are some good resources to find these sorts of opportunities? Yes, weโ€™ve beaten the proverbial bush to find Indeed listings, Craigslist (so sad what has happened to CL lately), and LinkedIn, as well as Upwork.com and Freelancer.com. We found mostly bupkiss. Any tips/hints/admonitions? Thanks in advance! :smiley:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking for something to prop up my Asus MB169B+

by @jbweimar 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

I recently purchased a second monitor to connect to my MacBook Pro 15". I use the Nextstand laptop stand to get my MacBook to eye level. Iโ€™m wondering what second monitor (without base) users are using to get their second monitor at the same level. I know of this company Elevate Stand (.com), but it seems a bit heavy and bulky (although I guess it must be somewhat, if it is to hold a monitor).

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I open a business account in Hong Kong? Proof of business?

in Hong Kong by @omar 7yr 7 years ago  | 6 comments

Hello guys, I was wondering if anyone had any experience in opening a business bank account in Hong Kong. Iโ€™m getting all the paperwork ready to incorporate in Seychelles and open the bank account but the agency that is helping me says Hong Kong bankers are getting more picky. They are asking me for business โ€˜proofโ€™ since iโ€™ve always ran my sites as an individual I wonder if just proof of payment from ad networks is enough. If you have any advice it would be much welcomed.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

If luggage space (and weight) was not a problem, what items will you travel with that you can't carry now?

by @carlosaave 7yr 7 years ago  | 9 comments

I know that when you become a digital nomad you have to become somehow a minimalist. But if luggage space and weight were not problems. I would like to know what items would you miss traveling with. I certainly would carry. A guitar, a set of good knives, a pair of Hiking shoes, (they are sooo bulky), a good camping tent.

What about you?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is the best provider/source for high speed internet in Mcleod Ganj, India?

in India by @teacher 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Iโ€™m travelling there in the fall and video conference online for work. I need at least 10mpbs download speeds. What is available in terms of providers or cellular hot spot options? Thank you in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
679ms