Malta: Where to stay, how to find apartments

Hey nomads! I just landed in Malta and I’m looking to rent a 1br apartment for a month, ideally close to a gym and supermarket.

Am I best sticking around sliema/st julians? Or st paul’s bay? Or in Valletta itself?

Also, I haven’t had much luck finding monthly rentals on airbnb or through simonmamo or other real estate sites - seems to be really tough finding a place for 1-3 months. Any inside tips on how to rent an apartment for a month here?

Valletta is the most charming city on the island of Malta by far IMO. I didn’t care for the St Julians/ Sliema area, but depends what you’re looking for (it’s a big time party area).

I recommend you not miss Gozo if you’re into nature and snorkeling/ diving. I got a great deal thru AirBnB by the seaside. It’s a bit quiet for a month perhaps, but perfect for my getaway at the time. If you want to be closer to the action I’d say stay in Valletta.

You might try the Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1449306665345767/ though I’m not sure how successful you’ll be for a short term let…