My first time nomad-ing... Spain or Portugal?

Hey everyone,

I’m a freelance + nomad newbie, off for my 1st proper trip in May. I’m wanting to spend a month somewhere and go from there.

I just came back from Slovenia/Ljubljana and loved it there (just a week). I don’t mind “sleepier” places par-say, as long as they’re close to a beach or nature of some kind. In fact, I kinda like places less-busy and a bit smaller/cosier.

I’m been swaying towards Porto, but have been impressed by the rave reviews I’ve seen for Valencia.

-> Have you every nomad-ed in a Spanish/Portuguese city? I’d love to know where and what you liked/disliked :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @jasraj,

My name is Edu, I’m originally from Valencia and I love my city, it’s a very cool city to live in. It’s a mix of a big city with so many events going on and a small town by the sea.

If you’re starting your Digital Nomad adventure, I would recommend you to try a coliving space first. There you will be able to find many other people that have been doing that for a long time and you’ll be able to learn from there.

I’m the co-founder of Sun and Co coliving space, (you can search that on google), in a town called Jávea, about 2 hours from Valencia. You can check many other coliving spaces if you want to travel to other destinations of course :slight_smile:

Good luck in this new adventure and I hope to see you soon in Valencia or Jávea! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @edu_sunandco!

Thanks a lot for your message. I’ve been reading a couple of your other posts on the forum, actually, Sun&Co got my attention!

And it’s funny you suggest that… I’ve been looking at CoLiving spaces in Spain/Portugal/Canary Islands… Sun&Co is on the list!

I’d love to chat. I’ll send you an email. Jas

PS. For anyone who is curious, the list I have compiled is as follows:

Sende; Galicia, northwest Spain (close to Vigo & Portugal border)

Sun&Co; Javea, eastern Spain, coast (near Valencia)

NineColiving; Tenerife

Coworking-in-the-sun; Tenerife

Restation; Gran Canaria

1 Like

Hi @jasraj, you can send us an email to [email protected]

Regarding your question above, I love Maruchi and Edo from Sende. They are super cool and the community they built in this rural town of Galicia is amazing.

I also know, Maria, the founder of Restation and she is doing a great job there. They have three apartments and then a coworking space. It’s not all under one roof but they do a lot of event in order to build the community.

I heard also good things from NineColiving, but since it’s pretty new I don’t know much.

It’s a long time since I haven’t heard from Coworking in the Sun.

1 Like

Thanks @edu_sunandco - I’ve emailed you at [email protected] and [email protected] addresses.