Personal favorite locations in North America? Why?

Hi dear nomad comrades,

I’m curious about your favorite cities/towns/areas south of the USA!

We are hearing nice general things about Mexico, Costa Rica, and Panama, but we’d love to know what drew you to your nomad spot, and why you loved it. Thanks so much!

I lived in Boquete Panama for a year - I had friends there and had visited twice prior to moving there. For me the draw was low cost & fabulous weather. My wife took a job in Tulum so we left Panama and are now in Mexico. She left the job in Tulum and so we planned on moving to Mexico City but we took the long way b/c we wanted to explore Mexico a bit on the way. I had been to San Cristóbal de Las Casas previously and wanted her to see it - that was supposed to be for 3 or 4 days. We just signed a one-year lease :wink: . The draw here is again low cost and pretty nice weather (a bit more chilly than Boquete) - but it’s more than just that. There’s something intangible. Suffice to say I feel good here - it’s…magical I guess. There are great cafés, great restaurants, a nice vibe and you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a chocolatier shop.

1 Like

Ooh, that sounds magical. Thanks!