Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (635K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,994) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI โœจ  Applicant AI ๐Ÿ’Ž  Clarity AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Recommendations for the Balkans starting in April?

by @wanderingdev 9yr  | 23 comments

Iโ€™m in Spain now and heading to Italy in March for a conference, but I want to head to cheaper pastures after that while still being in Europe. I want to be relatively warm so I want to stay as far south as possible. Iโ€™ve not spent any time in the Balkans so Iโ€™d love some recommendations. I am eventually planning on settling in Croatia for a bit, but probably not until itโ€™s warmer so Iโ€™m looking at the southern countries. Maybe Albania?

I need: Access to decent speed internet that is reliable, especially up speeds because I have to call the US regularly. A mid-sized city so I have access to restaurants and bars and a decent gym, but nothing too crazy. A reasonably priced apartment in the city center that has a good kitchen since I like to cook. Good public transit network so I can explore the city/country on weekends.

Iโ€™m a US citizen, if that matters.

Thanks for any recommendations!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@theorm 9yr

Sarajevo is great! I visited it briefly last year and this year came back for a bit longer. Currently hanging around here. Anyone has tips for good places to work from?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

If you havenโ€™t already discovered Meeting Point, I highly recommend it. Itโ€™s my favourite cafe for getting work done. Havenโ€™t tried any of the co-working spaces yet though (I thin there are two).

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@theorm 9yr

Thanks for a tip! Havenโ€™t discovered it yet. It will be the next cafe I go to.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I can recommend Skopje or Ohrid in Macedonia. Great nature, low cost.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@petar_np 9yr

Hi guys :smiley: If you thinking about visiting Balkan I would definitely recommend Serbia and Belgrade, the capital of Serbia. It is amazing modern european city with strongest alternative culture and creative community in this part of Europe. It is set on a confluence of two rivers, magnificent Danube and Sava. Belgrade has rich history (it is one of the oldest european city, first settlement dates back to 4800 bc), it is interesting mix of eastern and western civilization and it has best night life . Belgrade probably has one of the best energy, you will love it. In a city you will find many coffe shops and they are always full of people. It is very cheap, people here live with 300 euros for month :smile: Wifi network is excellent. Also if you love food you will be amazed with Serbian cuisine. Kajmak, kulen, rakija, sarma are only few things you must try. And for the end the best thing about Serbia, serbian people! Everyone who visited Serbia was charmed by Serbian people, warm and helpful Serbs will do everything to make your experience of Serbia the best possible.

Also if you can you should definitely visit EXIT festival (officially best european music festival) and Guca

One video about Serbia and serbian food that you may like

and one with pictures that I like

Beside Serbia I would recommend Montenegro, especially Herceg Novi, Kotor and Budva and Bulgaria, Nessebar

Greece is already popular destination so I donโ€™t need to say anything

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Glad you enjoyed Sarajevo @wanderingdev! There internet there is crazy fast :smile:
@suuzin I think Iโ€™ll bein the Balkans Sept/Oct, thinking one month in Split and then slowly working my way along the Albanian coast and hopping to Berat too. If youโ€™re about, would love to meet up. Early autumn is the best time to be in the Balkans. The weather is still good and the sea is still warm, yet with far fewer tourists.

Does anyone have good costal, digital nomad friendly tips for Albania? AirBnB looks difficult outside of Shkodรซr.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Thanks, @hannahvictorius - sure, letโ€™s keep in touch! Iโ€™ll update here again once I know my plans better. Cheers.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@kenan 9yr

If you plan on staying in Sarajevo, drop me a line if you want, there are quite a few cool Co working spaces and lots to see. The Cuisine is simple but very delicious and it has a sprawling ecosystem in the works as well.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hey Kenan,

I used to live there, itโ€™s my favourite city. Iโ€™ll be there for at least a weekend or two this year, so will be sure to drop you a line. Iโ€™ve yet to use any of the coworking spaces as wifi is usually pretty good for my needs, and I love the cafe culture :slight_smile:

Pozdrav

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I was only in Kotor in Montenegro and the internet was usable but not high speed. Albania was similar. Summers in that region are HOT. Best internet I had was in Sarajevo and I really liked it there. I could live there a while. I also like Plovdiv Bulgaria.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Thanks. Good to know about the Internet. My plans just changed again and I probably wouldnโ€™t head to the Balkans until Sept or Oct.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

weather-wise, itโ€™ll be probably better than high summer, but will be cool, especially in the evenings.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is Montenegro for wifi and meeting other nomads? How about summer weather there and in Albania? I got a big recommendation from a friend for Montenegro. Like Mandy, I will probably need to stay out of the Schengen area for 3 months this summer, but I actually havenโ€™t tried Croatia or Bulgaria yet either. Any thoughts appreciated.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi Mandy,

If you are coming by Milan, Italy, let me know. We would love to show you around Talent Garden Milano, our digital coworking space.

Cheers,

Chiara

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Thanks. I want to get to Milan at some point, I have a friend there. But on this trip I will only be in Rome. :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@ramblurr 9yr

@wanderingdev Still planning on coming to the Balkans? Spring is finally here and when itโ€™s not raining its absolutely gorgeous.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I just left Albania and Iโ€™m in Montenegro. Loving it! :slight_smile: I was actually in Shkoder. Sorry I didnโ€™t review this thread earlier, Iโ€™d have met up with you for a coffee. next time!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Sounds like itโ€™s all going well. I highly recommend the Bay of Kotor, and the towns along it in Montenegro. Just beautiful, and you can rent your own boat and sailor for an afternoon.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I spent 2 nights in Kotor. It was beautiful but freezing and the thought of being on the water was not enticing. But, as I make my way up the coast, I keep thinking how much fun Iโ€™ll have coming back when I get my boat. :smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@ramblurr 9yr

Hey Mandy,

Iโ€™ve been using Albania as a base for the past year and a half. I highly recommend it! Affordable, fascinating culture, and proximity to the EU and Asia are a few things that make it great. Plus as an American citizen youโ€™ll have no visa issues for up to a year.

In April the weather will be great, a mild and warm Mediterranean climate. Infrastructure wise, Albania is not like the rest of Europe . But youโ€™ll have no problem getting Internet at 5 MB speeds for a decent price. Plus the 10โ‚ฌ 3 GB vodafone package is great.

Iโ€™m in Shkoder, the largest city in the north. Itโ€™s a great small-city without the chaos and hectic atmosphere of Tirana.

Iโ€™d be happy to answer any questions you have. If you stop by, give me a shout and we can grab a coffee. I can introduce you to the local expat community and friendly locals.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

No problem. Let me know where you end up, Iโ€™d love to know how it goes :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi Mandy!

The Balkans are wonderful, and April is the perfect time to head into the region.
In terms of weather, it starts to warm up nicely from April onwards. In Sarajevo, Bosnia, the city I am most familiar with, April can be a mixed month. Warms some days and cold others. When I moved out there in 2011, some days were 18-20 (Celsius) and the next day it was snowing! The sunny days should outweigh the cooler, cloudy days, but as Sarajevo is tucked into a valley, when the weather changes, it changes fast! But itโ€™s surrounded by incredible mountains, which will take your breath away. I know of at least one co-working space if thatโ€™s your thing (http://www.nest71.com/), but internet in cafes is free, plentiful and super fast! I think like a lot of the Balkans, they skipped dial up and went straight to fibre.

Renting apartments can be tricky, so Iโ€™d recommend booking a hotel or AirBnB for a couple of nights, or seeing if you can negotiate a reasonable monthly rent. Theoretically, you can get an apartment for as little as $200 a month, but there are quite a few expats related to the various embassies in the area, so they definitely charge more for Westerners. The US embassy is huge! They may be able to help with accommodation.

The city is fantastic. Itโ€™s got a population of about 400,000, itโ€™s got so much going on, a great arts scene, an awesome film festival in august, decent gyms and lovely promenades to jog round. Obviously Iโ€™m biased, as I run a website about Sarajevo :smile: (Visit Sarajevo)

If you want somewhere a bit warmer, then Mostar, 2 hours south of Sarajevo is lovely, but perhaps a little too isolated. You can easily visit Mostar from Sarajevo as a day trip (about $6 rtn on a rickety little train) though.

Greece (technically in the Balkans) is perhaps a good shout for something more accessible or westernised, but I donโ€™t know too much about the DN scene out there.

Croatia is lovely! Split is my favourite of the coastal cities as itโ€™s easy to explore the island but not overrun with tourists like Dubrovnik. Prices will be a little higher in Croatia as itโ€™s been on the tourist map for a while and itโ€™s now part of the EU. However, if you look, there are certainly bargains to be found.

Belgrade in Serbia, is a fantastic city. Iโ€™d say itโ€™s a bit like the Berlin of the Balkans. Rough around the edges, cheap and arty. Oh and they love their turbofolk music, so a good party scene if you want that. You can easily avoid it too though!

Iโ€™ve heard good things about Bulgaria and Romania. Most of these areas have incredibly fast internet if you stick to the larger cities and towns. When I worked at a hostel in Sarajevo the internet was faster than back home in the UK and had at least 20 people at a time using it for facebook, skype etc.

As far as I have heard, Albania has amazing beaches and is very cheap, but I think the infrastructure is very hit and miss and transport is unreliable (worst roads in Europe anyone?) But I havenโ€™t visited, Iโ€™m basing this info on close friends.

Anyway I hope that helps. I think they DN scene is under-developed but the potential is definitely there. And it truly is an incredible part of the world.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Thanks for the feedback! I think Iโ€™m heading to Albania first and weโ€™ll see how that goes. I need to stay out of Schengen so Greece is off the list. Iโ€™ve been to Bulgaria so Iโ€™m looking forward to trying some new places. :smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What features would you like to see on Nomad List?

by @levelsio 3yr 3 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi everyone,

I would love to hear what you'd like me to build next on Nomad List, or any other product/feature feedback ideas you have.

It's been 6+ years now but I'm in this for the long term and with the boost remote work got last year it's even more exciting to work on Nomad List than ever.

Current roadmap is here: twitter.com/levelsio/status/1363204985488572417?s=20 and pbs.twimg.com/media/EusS9PKXEAUR8xp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The next products/features I have planned:

- ๐Ÿ›‚ Rebase: visa, residency and immigration services for remote workers

- ๐ŸŽ“Courses: learn the steps how to go remote and travel/relocate

- ๐Ÿ› Gov liaison: diplomacy services to the governments to help us lobby for nomads and for them to attract remote workers

Thanks a lot!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?)

by @orangutan3 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?) Asking from the US.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

List of Visa/Residency Information in Table/Spreadsheet format?

by @innovatelife 3yr 3 years ago  | 2 comments

As part of signing up for this website I was hoping I would come across a list of Visa and/or Residency requirements by country ideally in a table format to assist with decision making. Does anybody recommend any other websites that might present the information in this format (or Google Spreadsheet)?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Most Walkable Neighborhood / City In The World ?

by @dannybooboo 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

I love living in walkable areas of town. I can always find them. But now I'm wondering where in the world are the most walkable places? I'm imagining walk streets (no cars), zoning allowing both business and residential, parks or beaches ,etc.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads in Arizona, US?

in Netherlands by @info132 3yr 3 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi guys,

After the Netherlands, the Bay Area, Colorado and being on the van life for 8 months, I am now in Sedona, AZ with a few other digital nomads. We are sharing a home here and are wondering if there are more like minded people in the area.

We do a bunch of hikes and campouts in the northern of Arizona. If you would like to connect with us, please do so :)

Val

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

International number & internet?

by @leobassam 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

Has anyone figured out a way to get setup with a virtual number and internet connection anywhere you go?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there any tax issues I have to be aware of?

in Germany by @clara 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi everybody. I live and work in Germany and want to go to Canary Islands for 6 months to work from there. I'm going to keep my current job, just change the "home" in the home office part of things. Are there any tax issues I have to be aware of? I was reading about becoming a residence after 183 days, thus having to pay taxes there plus my employer having to register there. Does anybody know how it works exactly? Thanks a lot!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Chiang Mai accommodation

in Chiang Mai , Thailand by @bertieb 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Can anyone recommend a good accommodation website for Chiang Mai?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is anyone travelling right now?

by @viktor 3yr 3 years ago  | 3 comments

Winter is coming and Iโ€™m feeling the ache of travelling after being stuck in the same place since the Pandemic started. Wondering if anyone is travelling right now? If so, where are you currently located and how is the situation where you are?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Trang (Thailand ) starting mid January, how is internet there?

in Thailand by @oriettaxx 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Thinking about Trang, but need at least a 5M download internet
Will be hard to get it?

any suggestion about Trang is welcome (need to find a cheap apartment, and need also to stuck in front of my laptop to work :wink:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Am I biting off more than I can chew? Kicking off a big project whilst starting travels

by @skewed_corp 8yr 8 years ago  | 1 comment

First post here; very excited to be part of the community :slight_smile:. My question is pretty subjective, but perhaps other users have stories to share.

Iโ€™m going to be travelling to Bangkok in 2 weeks to start off my Digital Nomad journey. This has aligned with the kick-off of what might be the biggest project Iโ€™ll be undertaking to date (internal comms + training design consultancy / art direction).

Iโ€™m planning to get there, find a nice hostel, join the Hive and then dive straight in, but wonder if the set up period might be prone to causing some intial blackouts in communication that would not go down well at this stage of the build-up or just general fatigue. Iโ€™m hoping the excitement of being in a new place will counteract that.

Anyone have any tips for ensuring continuity and the smoothest transition? Stories? Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the pros and cons of the popular cities in the west Balkans (Split, Ljubljana, etc.)?

in Ljubljana , Slovenia by @asinsam 8yr 8 years ago  | 16 comments

I have been interested in traveling to the balkans for a while, and the cities Iโ€™ve been delving most into are Ljubljana, Zagreb, Split, and Sarajevo (also Prague and Budapest). Iโ€™m interested in hearing about these places from anyone who has travelled there, especially to multiple of the cities, or to any other place in the region.

In particular, Iโ€™m interested in pros and cons of the cities vis-a-vis each other, and interested in tidbits about the vibe of the cities, the culture of the people, and any other first-hand things that are hard to pick up by reading (I already know the sizes of the cities, that they each have beautiful architecture, that Split has the beach, etc. :slight_smile: ). How youthful do the cities feel? How walkable are they? How friendly are the locals? How likely would a 26 year old digital nomad be to meet his bride there ;)? What are the biggest unique things that stand out about each place?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Starting a SaaS website with paid service -- Best practices for setting up payment collection? (from US)

by @dedalux 8yr 8 years ago  | 4 comments

Over the past few months I started doing javascript development work and Iโ€™m trying to build projects for my portfolio. Iโ€™m working on a productivity tool that would have a paid tier for users and Iโ€™m not sure about the best practices for setting up this up for myself in terms of tax efficiency and ways to incorporate.

Right now itโ€™s only me who works on this and I project a modest user base in the beginning with perhaps a few hundred dollars of revenues that I would like to expand ideally. Iโ€™m looking at services like Stripe which has an option for individuals without the need for incorporation.

Meanwhile Iโ€™d like to reach to a point where I can hire some people to develop with me and run operations if thereโ€™s more steady cash flow coming in. Fundraising is also of course an option on the table. I donโ€™t foresee a lot of potential for legal liabilities with this project but Iโ€™d like to be personally protected. Iโ€™d Hence I think incorporation is inevitable down the road.

Iโ€™m not sure if I should incorporate as early as possible, since there is some costs associated with this. But if I were to do this, with US status, I am wondering what should I be looking for to ensure that I can run this well in the long run. If any nomads have had experience with the business side of a personal start-up project Iโ€™d love to hear your opinion and experiences.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

We're starting a coworking and coliving space in India. Can you help us validate it?

in India by @anugrah_sharma 8yr 8 years ago  | 12 comments

We are starting a co-working and co-living space (something like hubud) in Dharamshala, India; I would like to ask couple of questions to validate the concept:-

1. Would you consider living in India for a while?

2. We will be charging around 500 USD, which will cover everything including food,laundry,basic bed room and a beautiful working space. How willing are you to pay this amount?

3. Have any advice for us? Do share.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

The Nomad Pad: Austin Pad is looking for awesome nomads starting April!

in Austin , United States by @nomadicpad 9yr 9 years ago  | 4 comments

Hey Nomads!

So Nomad House: Project Austin is coming together. We found a better house with a better location and living arrangement, and we are just looking for one more digital nomad to join our little experiment from Feb. 1st- Mar. 1st.

Living options:
$900: Private Room

$700: Shared room

The house is at S. Park Dr. and Powell Court in Austin Texas.

To give you an idea of the awesome people youโ€™d be living with, the residence so far are:

@tikhon - Hailing from San Fran (for now!), seasoned developer, specializing in dev/ops, sysadmin and the non-tech side of the startup world such as Fundraising/recruiting/sales. You may be be familiar with the 2 successful start-ups that he co-founded - Scribd + Parse. Avid rock climber, photographer and looking to make another awesome project this time free from VCโ€™s overlord control! Rockin!

@maxholzheu - Hailing from Guatemala, alum of Build Campus in SF. Committed to paving a courageous path to freedom using technology. His life philosophies are *stop planning, start moving *never stop learning. Currently kicking ass as a web developer for Junto Studio, with remote work privileges.

Grayson - Has yet to fork over the $15 to join the #nomad group. But luckily heโ€™s a good friend of mine. We met working at a company is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia called Mindvalley (you may have heard of it). When heโ€™s not helping artist promote themselves with his startup Mumora, heโ€™s either eating street cooked grub in a hole in the wall in South East Asia, blogging about marketing or just being a tall shaggy good dude!

Me - Iโ€™m Brandon, you can check out some of the crazy stuff Iโ€™ve done in the past: like the time I biked from German to India, or the time I became a Thai commerical star! Life is random, I know! Currently working for a startup called Bucketfeet, that makes cool sneakers using designs submitted by artists from all over the world! I convinced them to let me move to Austin and work remote, so let the adventures begin. I also like salsa dancing, personal development books, maps and anything with 2 wheels!

You - Canโ€™t wait to see who are 5th nomad will be!

If you want to be apart of something great, sign up below and letโ€™s build a world free of year leases, boring roommates and coffeeshop refugees.

=======================================

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I'm starting a travel consulting/coaching business. How can I do market research?

by @hannahvictorius 9yr 9 years ago  | 2 comments

Hello all,

Iโ€™ve admired from afar up until now, but Iโ€™d like to ask for some help.

I run an info site for Sarajevo, have spent a lot of time in the Balkans (lived for one year and visited for the past six). Iโ€™m determined to build my own microbusiness and be digital nomad (and become a physicist - but thatโ€™s another story). Iโ€™ve been reading the $100 Start Up, which has inspired me to stop wasting time and launch a consulting business now.

I know others offer this service for Italy, Asia and beyond, and that people pay for the service too - but Iโ€™d like to how I could go about testing the market? I know most people on here are probably like me and enjoy the DIY research when travelling. I know how to reach people like us, but no idea where to start searching for my business audience.

Iโ€™m aiming to launch in the next few weeks, and I figure I should just go for it anyway, but the sensible part of me is saying I should do some proper market researchโ€ฆ

Any help/tips/constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
456ms