Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,882) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Suggestions for somewhere to spend Jully in northern Spain?

in Spain by @jb510 7yr  | 6 comments

Iโ€™m looking for somewhere to spend July in northern Spain. (Not that it matters but June weโ€™re in Paris, August in Porto).

Iโ€™ve spent time in small Italian villages and loved the experience. Iโ€™m hoping to find something like that but in coastal Spain, I just donโ€™t know the area at all yet. Suggestions?

Somewhere roughly in or between Galicia and Bilbao. Somewhere walkable to a half dozen small resturants/cafes/etcโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jb510 7yr

Thanks! (Language isnโ€™t an issue).

Weโ€™ve been looking a Gijรณn but not finding much available for 1-2 months rangeโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve been looking on AirBNB, but need to start looking elsewhere (HomeAway and othersโ€ฆ I get to the point I forget those even exist).

Andorra sounds lovely, Iโ€™ll add that to the list to look at. Iโ€™m not really familiar with that area, but cooler mountains sound niceโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@elisa.m.z 7yr

I recommend you San Sebastian o Gijรณn. I love Asturias and the beaches and people! The problem in this cities is the people donโ€™t usually speak English. But it is perfect to practice Spanish.
In the north of Spain you can try some surf house with wifi.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@geonomad 7yr

I am fond of Andorra. The low duty and taxes makes wine and liquor cheap as well as a lot of other items. The high season is the winter, so an apartment can be rented pretty cheaply by the week or month out of season. Every place has fibre to the home, so the connections are usually very fast.

Plus there are lots of restaurants to choose from.

Hiking in the mountains is incredible.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@eduardo 7yr

My colleague, Jon is originally from Bilbao and if you want to try good food thatโ€™s for sure the place to go :wink:
At the same time, our friends from http://sende.co/ have a #coliving space there. Itโ€™s in a little village but the vibe in the house is worth visiting for sure.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jb510 7yr

Thanks. Food really does tend to be the biggest driver in where we goโ€ฆ

I saw someone mention Sende a while ago but looking at their website I couldnโ€™t figure out if they were still in operation, or what exactly their โ€œoperationโ€ was for that matter. Are they just doing retreats/workcation type things, or is there actually a coworking space somewhere people can actually go to work?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@eduardo 7yr

I think itโ€™s pretty open to join despite they do a lot of retreats/workation. I would suggest you to contact them, Edo and Maruchi are super friendly :wink: They will let you know.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find accomodation in Las Palmas, Canary Islands

in , Spain by @philippg 3yr 3 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi, we are trying to find a house to rent for 2-3 persons near Las Palmas for 4-5 months at the moment and it seems to be almost impossible except through Airbnb which is super expensive. Any advises or local contacts?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coliving or other monthly rentals in Seville?

in Seville , Spain by @antoine_th 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Hello Everyone

I'm planning to stay in Seville for 6 weeks for mid January - end of February. Do you any recommandations for a coliving or a place to live in?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place for solo UK traveller for surf, sun & working between Oct and Dec??

in Tenerife , Spain by @leojb 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Hey Nomads, would love to know any thoughts here.

Top of the list are currently Tenerife, Lagos/Ericeira (Portugal) & Malta??

Would love to know if anyone can vouch for these at this time of year.

Beautiful beach would be the dream. Basically European Bali! I'm sure something many of us are searching for.

Thanks a million. Much love.

Leo

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best SIM card you can get for traveling to Spain?

in Spain by @gabygarreau 4yr 4 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi! I want to relocate to Spain and I was wondering if someone can recommend a SIM card with a good data package.

Thanks

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Can anyone recommend a good Spanish language learning program in Alicante or Valencia?

in Valencia , Spain by @charliemartel 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

Iโ€™m looking to spend 1-3 months in Alicante or Valencia this fall and would like to take a Spanish class there.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Suggestions for home base for 10 months in Mexico or Panama next year?

in Mexico by @we_are_escaping 5yr 5 years ago  | 14 comments

Weโ€™re researching places to use as a home base next year, and are leaning towards Mexico or Panama for 10 months (with 1 week โ€œvacationsโ€ to explore surrounding countries)

But, I want to settle some place where the infrastructure is good enough for fast, reliable internet - fast enough to run live webinars without worrying that Iโ€™ll be S.O.L due to internet issues when itโ€™s time to go live.

And ideally, Iโ€™d like to be on the coastโ€ฆ I like to have ocean/beach access without the need for a drive.

And not in a malaria zone (just saying, since Panama in particular has many areas that Iโ€™d rule out simply due to the need for malaria prevention meds)โ€ฆ itโ€™s one thing to take that stuff for a few weeks long trip, but I donโ€™t want to take it for months on end.

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading all :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Norway: northern lights (Aurora)

in Aurora , United States by @mluby 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Hi Norway folksโ€”Iโ€™m planning a February trip to Tromsรธ hoping to see the northern lights, but honestly I canโ€™t find anything about how likely I am to see them. Are they out every night and itโ€™s just a matter of cloud cover, or are they like once a week?

Any info would help me decide whether to pull the trigger.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find an appartment in Valencia, Spain?

in Valencia , Spain by @them 5yr 5 years ago  | 8 comments

Hey all,

planning on going to Valencia for a while and am looking for an appartment from April to summer. Any Ideas where to look for? Appart from airbnbโ€ฆ

Also any tipps for area to live in and work spaces are most welcome.

thanks and best regards,
The M.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coliving or other monthly rentals in Barcelona?

in Barcelona , Spain by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Iโ€™m looking for a monthly rental in Barcelona. Iโ€™m only planning to stay 1 or 2 months.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

April in Spain. Where to go besides Canary Islands

in Spain by @rynesweeney 6yr 6 years ago  | 4 comments

So I head to Barcelona in a week for the next 4. I am reading some stuff online. I want to wing it and ask around when I get to Barce. But what I see online I may just spend the open three weeks I have in the Canary islands. The year round surfing and reasonable cost of living sounds great especially spending the first three months of 2018 on the beaches in Central America.

I fly out of Madrid the second week of May. I dont want to spend more than a couple days in Madrid. I had a week there last year. So if anybody could shed some insight based on their experiences that would be most bodacious.

For those who are still reading here are some interests of mine:

• Hiking and outdoors activities in general.
  • Surfing/beaches
  • Food (this should be higher on this list actually).
  • Smaller and lesser known cities are ideal.

Thanks for any and all the help peoples.

See you in the forum, Ryne

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Tips for nomads in Granada, Spain?

in Granada , Spain by @katieuniacke 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi everyone. Iโ€™ve just moved to Granada in Andalucia to live with some friends I met in Mexico. Planning on staying a few months and then seeing where the wind takes me, but in the meantime, I wanted to know if there are any fellow nomads around, or if anyone has any tips for coworking spaces/cafes? Thanks in advance! :smiley:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any opinions on where to live in Spain?

in Spain by @jjuter 6yr 6 years ago  | 9 comments

I am thinking about living in Spain a few months but do not know much about it. Any advice would be appreciated.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Moving to Thailand for 6-9 months in August. Bangkok or somewhere else?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @andrea3018 7yr 7 years ago  | 14 comments

Hello Nomads,
I would like to move in Thailand for 6-9 months starting from August.
Iโ€™ll definetely stay in Chiang Mai as base for most of the time but Iโ€™d like to do the first month (August) in Bangkok or somewhere else.
What place would you recommend to visit first?
Would Bangkok be a good place to be during August?
I was also checking at the east coast isles but I got a little frightened out by the moonsoon idea but still, it would be cool to go to beaches and have some sun during that month :slight_smile: .
Would the moonsoons or the rain really be a problem?
Iโ€™ll move to Chiang Mai from september anyway but I would just like to start somewhere else since I have to wait for my girlfriend to come during september.

Thank you in advance for your advices,
Sorry for the bad english,
Andrea

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

3 Months in India, Any Suggestions?

in India by @yuvalbarhai 7yr 7 years ago  | 16 comments

Hello everyone!

I want to DN India for 3 months (or more) and the country is huge so Iโ€™m not sure how to start planning this, maybe you guys can help :slight_smile:
My major concern is the internet, from what Iโ€™ve read itโ€™s really bad - is that true?
What am I looking for:

1. Spiritual oriented towns.
  2. Near (or in) some beautiful nature (doesnโ€™t necessarily have to be near a beach)
  3. Decent speed internet. I can deal with unreliable internet that wont work all day long, but I canโ€™t handle really slow internet.
  4. 1 month stay in each town.

What am I NOT looking for:
Big cities like New Delhi.

Time - can be anytime of the year.
Weather - I donโ€™t mind hot weather, but donโ€™t want below 0 weather.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated, if what Iโ€™m looking for is even possible. Thanks! :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking a for a flat to rent in Barcelona from January for 6 months. Anyone?

in Barcelona , Spain by @aleravanetti 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi guys, as I wrote in the title I am planning to move to Barcelona with my girlfriend starting from January 2017 and I am looking to rent a flat for 6 months, possibly in the Born area, but open also to other neighborhoods. My budget is around โ‚ฌ800 per month. Is anyone looking to rent out something that could fit my request? Any help would be appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Can you get an NIE number while working in Spain for a UK company?

in Spain by @sabolmm 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Has anyone stayed in Barcelona longer than 3 months as a nomad?

I realise UK citizens have to apply for a NIE number if they are staying longer than 3 months in Spain. But can you actually get an NIE number while working in Spain for a UK company?

My company is registered in the UK so I will be remote working from Spain, donโ€™t want to setup as a freelancer or sold trader in Spain as it will only be a temporary pit stop for 3-6 months.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the digital nomad scene like in (Las Palmas de) Gran Canaria

in , Spain by @repat 7yr 7 years ago  | 6 comments

Hi,

so Iโ€™ve heard many great things about the Canary Islands but only from people who are not digital nomads. Iโ€™ve been on Tenerife in February 2011 and 2012, but only as a tourist (and with a student budget living at a friends house, so very different experience) and I saw a lot of old people. People say the same about Gran Canaria, especially in the winter, since a lot of the German and British retirees overwinter there.

Everything I read about especially the biggest city Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is more or less about the city, the food, the beaches, the weather, the nature and so on but less about the people. I know Iโ€™d have to learn Spanish to speak to the locals (and I want to). I want to go somewhere at beginning of next year and LPA is on the top of my list. After my Tenerife experience and everything I read Iโ€™m sure I will like the location itself but itโ€™s never fun if youโ€™re somewhere alone for too long. Maybe the people who live(d) there can share their experiences about the digital nomad scene, or more specifically: How about the international crowd, are there a lot of people from say โ€ฆ mid 20s to mid 30s that are meeting up regularly for leisure (not work/tech related meetups)?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads in Europe want to do a Nomad Christmas gathering somewhere?

by @wanderingdev 7yr 7 years ago  | 16 comments

Hi Nomads!

Like many, Iโ€™m not heading back to be with my family for the holidays but I was thinking it would be fun to maybe do a nomad family gathering. We could rent a cool house/apartment somewhere fun and do our own thing. I personally am available from 23-27 December, but people could arrive/leave sooner/later. I love to cook so Iโ€™d be up for doing a big christmas dinner.

If anyone is interested, or has suggestions on a good place to go, chime in! :smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone interested in coliving in Las Palmas Oct 15 - Dec 18?

in , Spain by @jeremyreaux 7yr 7 years ago  | 12 comments

Toying with the idea of renting a house with other nomads in Las Palmas between Oct 15th - Dec 18th. If youโ€™re interested, please PM me with your email address, budget and dates.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking for somewhere with snow

by @jb510 8yr 8 years ago  | 9 comments

We spend a ton of time in the tropics and are craving a little bit of winter. There was a thread about ski towns: What are good ski towns for digital nomads? but Iโ€™m actually wondering about non-ski towns.

• On the cheaper side
  • Reasonable internet and/or coworking
  • Has good public transit
  • Has snow without being mind numbingly cold

Anywhere on the planet is of interest from Bulgaria to New Zealand, from Harbin to Matroosbergโ€ฆ i donโ€™t really care where on the planet it is, just that itโ€™s not to hard to get to/from.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
472ms