What are good alternatives to Google Voice?

Hi,

I change SIM cards constantly and trend to lose them, is there a service that would give me a phone number with a phone number I can use for receiving SMS. I have seen Skype Number and Nomad SMS (too expensive, I’m looking for <20€/year) and Fongo (only allows receiving SMS from US and Canada).

I would rather have an European phone number, but other country is OK too.

I don’t care if they email the SMS, forward it or they have their own app.

1 Like

Have you tried using Twilio? You can get multiple phone numbers and forward all incoming sms and calls to your cell phone. It’s very cheap and works very well. Using a compatible app (OpenVBX for example), you can also make calls and send sms using your Twilio number.

I tried to use it yesterday, using Twilio+Zapier+Pushbullet, but didn’t seem to receive the SMS I sent yesterday, I’ll try again today. Just wondering if there was something already done and not something you need to assemble yourself :smile:

1 Like

Twilio works well, but personally I prefer Plivo (a little cheaper, and with better coverage of countries – at least the countries I need). You would need to code a simple app to do whatever you want to achieve however.