What are some good resources for professional prospective Mexican Nomads to do freelance translations and copyediting in Spanish in the United States and Canada?

I have a friend who is a UNAM graduate in Philology (I know, wow, a Renaissance Woman), who has been creating textual translations between Spanish, English and sometimes Russian for writers, poets and journalists in Mexico City. She is very good at what she does, and has a client base, and just recently gained a client in the US. I want her to be able to take advantage of digital means to reach potential clients in the US and Canada, especially in regions where there are not a lot of Spanish speakers already present and active in this work locally. What are some good resources to find these sorts of opportunities? Yes, we’ve beaten the proverbial bush to find Indeed listings, Craigslist (so sad what has happened to CL lately), and LinkedIn, as well as Upwork.com and Freelancer.com. We found mostly bupkiss. Any tips/hints/admonitions? Thanks in advance! :smiley:

Hey Jesse, I’ve been a freelance translator for almost 10 years. the #1 site for freelance translators is ProZ dot com. You can register for free but paying for membership is a good investment. If you have a good profile on ProZ, clients will seek you out. That’s how I got my best clients. ProZ is the only site I use, but many translators also find work through LinkedIn. Freelance translation is a “get rich slow” scheme. It’s hard the first couple of years, but after you develop a solid client base and solid skills it’s a very rewarding career.

Hi Jesse!

I can explain you my personal experience with parlam where you can translate english to spanish and spanish to english or to any other language and get paid for your work. I’ve working as a professional translator in this marketplace for the last three months and nowadays I am in contact with several clients, without middlemen. So I recommend you at least take a glance to this site too.