Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (635K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,993) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI โœจ  Applicant AI ๐Ÿ’Ž  Clarity AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best android app to let your tablet act as a second monitor?

by @swechris 9yr  | 2 comments

Iโ€™ve tried app such as Spashtop and iDisplay without any good results really.
Obviously a good connection is necessary but I still get lag.

//Chris

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@syneryder 9yr

I assume youโ€™ve tried Air Display from Avatron Software? Iโ€™ve got it working with my Mac & Galaxy Tab A, but havenโ€™t used it much (havenโ€™t been on the road with it yet). It is rather slow, but I imagine most WiFi solutions would be. Iโ€™ve not tried Splashtop, iDisplay or Duet yet so I canโ€™t compare them.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

If itโ€™s available for Android, go with Duet. Iโ€™ve had great experiences with it for macs.

If itโ€™s not for Android, sorry man. I strike it from the record!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I get Travel/Medical Insurance for Portugal for visa application from Australia?

in Portugal by @jonathanpoh 4yr 4 years ago  | 5 comments

I'm preparing my Portuguese D7 long-term visa application and one of the required documents is proof of travel insurance with medical coverage. However, as an Australian citizen, if put that as my country of residence in many travel insurance companies' quick quote forms, I'm unable to get ANY insurance coverage at all because of the current travel ban out of Australia, and the Australian govt's 'Do Not Travel' advice to ALL countries. I know that Aussies are applying for, and successfully getting visas from the Portuguese Consulate here, so where and how are they fulfilling this insurance requirement if insurers aren't selling any coverage? Does anybody know or have any ideas?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is the best way to approach Taiwan?

in Taiwan by @zoxel 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

We have never been in Taiwan (a couple of travelers) and I am just wondering is possible to find there some quite clean place to hang for a while? How it is better to start? Are there any websiteโ€™s for short and long term rentals? It looks like AirBnB is not that popular there. So it seems that usual tactics - rent hotel or airbnb for short term and then look for long term just driving around might not work. It looks like everything there in Chinese - so if there are any tips how to overcome this - that is more then welcome :slight_smile: Overall just interested in any suggestion - where best to go first? Also is it hard to extend your stay there - we are digital nomads - so working for some company overseas and probably will be extending as a tourist (If we like there).
Sorry for so many questions - but this is really some terra incognita for me :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

App/tool/service for nomads to bring things from another country?

by @brmolin 5yr 5 years ago  | 4 comments

I vaguely remember hearing about such a service before, but Iโ€™m drawing a blank on the name. Basically I left my tablet on a connecting flight in Europe, right before my main flight to Thailand. They have my tablet and are willing to ship it out for me, but people have warned me thereโ€™s a big risk of it getting โ€œlost in the mailโ€ if I ship something expensive like that to Thailand.

Iโ€™m wondering if thereโ€™s a service or community, where I can find a nomad whoโ€™s in Europe/heading to Thailand soon, so I can have it shipped to them in Europe and pay them to ferry it down here for me? I met someone in Budapest a ways back who had built something for this type of use-case, but I canโ€™t remember the name of it. Any help would be appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Apple TV and Netflix: Do these work for Nomads?

by @lricci 5yr 5 years ago  | 8 comments

We launch in 2 weeks. In the US, we use Apple TV and Netflix regularly. Do these work abroad?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What festivities are happening around Bali for New Years Eve (NYE)?

by @diannamallen 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Looking for somewhere to celebrate New Years in Bali! I would prefer somewhere in Kuta or nearby, but if itโ€™s worth the travel, give me your suggestions!

Not looking to spend too much money either.

Thanks =)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How does Lima's new municipal taxi app compare to Uber?

in Lima , Peru by @robertomasymas 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

How does limaโ€™s new municipal taxi app TaxiMML compare to uber?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find an appartment in Valencia, Spain?

in Valencia , Spain by @them 6yr 6 years ago  | 8 comments

Hey all,

planning on going to Valencia for a while and am looking for an appartment from April to summer. Any Ideas where to look for? Appart from airbnbโ€ฆ

Also any tipps for area to live in and work spaces are most welcome.

thanks and best regards,
The M.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Does anyone plan on applying to the Vermont $10,000 remote work incentive?

by @wagmanben 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/vermont-pay-10-000-move-110056645.html

Hello All,
Saw Vermont rolled out an incentive to get more remote workers to live there, Does anyone plan on applying and If so why? Reason Iโ€™m asking is I work for an organization in Tulsa, Ok that wants to also bring in Nomads, and would love to hear your thoughts on what such a plan should look like

Any help would be Awesome!
Ben

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Does the 90 day Schengen rule apply inside of Croatia?

in Croatia by @larry_oz 7yr 7 years ago  | 11 comments

Hi all, need some help with schengen fuzzinessโ€ฆ Iโ€™m a US citizen.

Does any know if the 90 day rule applies inside of Croatia. Iโ€™m seeing that Croatia isnโ€™t part of schengen but adopts the same visa aquis. This isnโ€™t clear to me.

If someone has a definitive answer please let me know as Iโ€™m approaching the 90 day rule in my travel plans and I want to hit Croatia and not have it count.

Thanks in advance.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anybody encountered a travel gear mfr that intentionally makes crappy-looking gear?

by @octavient 7yr 7 years ago  | 8 comments

Has anybody ever encountered a travel gear manufacturer that makes gear that is solid and durable, but that is intentionally designed to look old and crappy? For international travel, I want good, durable gear, but Iโ€™m uncomfortable walking around with slick, brand-new-looking, expensive-looking gear (especially with my family in tow). Iโ€™m happy to snatch up any good used gear (reduce, reuse, recycle) that weโ€™re lucky enough to encounter, but selection is limited, and durability is often compromised. Seems like thereโ€™d be a decent market for some durable but ragged-looking travel gear. What i have in mind is luggage, backpacks, laptop cases, smartphone cases, camera bags, infant/toddler carriers, etc. Iโ€™m sensitive to the preppy fad of clueless, well-off westerners dressing up like the poor in naive but trendy mockery, but thatโ€™s not what Iโ€™m after, here. I just want good gear that doesnโ€™t put a target on my back as we traipse around various parts of the world. Anybody have any thoughts on thisโ€ฆ?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which travel apps help you the most to plan your trip's activities?

by @k08as 7yr 7 years ago  | 5 comments

Hi guys,

As part of the travel preparation routine Iโ€™m always looking for a better and more efficient way to plan my activities & things to be seen/done once I reach the destination and lately Iโ€™ve been using a number of apps like Sygic Travel (ex Tripomatic), Tripsee, & Triphobo (Google Trips yet to be tried), but the main pain is that it takes quite some time to get the whole planning done (especially, if you are aiming to visit a number of cities in a short period of time) + itโ€™s not that simple to adjust the plan while you are on the move. Thatโ€™s not to mention limited possibilities to buy attraction tickets via the app & have all the useful info under your hand all the time.

Iโ€™ve been checking the forum lately and found a couple of related posts (here & here), which also suggested such services like Wikitravel, Wikivoyage, Travelindependent and so on, but whilst being on the go most of the time, I would like to find out which mobile apps help you explore stuff like sightseeing spots, things to do, places to visit, etc & why have you picked them? (skipping TripAdvisor here as Iโ€™m looking for a more intelligent alternative)

Thanks in advance

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Android Pay for non US/UK/Singapore citizens

in Singapore by @flaki 8yr 8 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi! Has anyone wondered how to get Android Pay working on their device as a non US/UK/Singaporean citizen? Apparently those are the countries supported by Android Pay currently (as in, supported Cards of banks situated in those countries, to be precise).

I was thinking to open a UK bank account just for this purpose, but that requires proof of residency and opening a Singaporean account has became significantly harder, either in later years. Any tips? Iโ€™m an EU citizen btw.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I link WhatsApp and LINE to my Google Voice number?

by @yanokwa 8yr 8 years ago  | 20 comments

Iโ€™d like one number that folks on WhatsApp and LINE can use. How do I do this with Google Voice? Would it work better if I switch to a Skype number?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What laptop/tablet do you prefer for remote working?

by @roberthopman 8yr 8 years ago  | 29 comments

Hi,

as Iโ€™m looking into buying a new laptop/tablet, Iโ€™m wondering what everybody is using here for work and why?

Mentioning your profession or business, location, travel activities or anything related to this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anyone tried to apply for a non-lucrative residence visa in Spain?

in Spain by @i_am_aileen 8yr 8 years ago  | 29 comments

Hey everyone,

Iโ€™m planning on moving to Spain and Iโ€™d like to connect with those who have tried to apply for this special type of long-term visa called as โ€œnon-lucrative residence visaโ€.

Going from what Iโ€™ve researched so far, itโ€™s a good option for us nomads (more so: business owners) to stay longer in Spain (one only needs to prove steady stream of income of at least EUR 2.2K per month and that you should NOT work for Spain โ€” so letโ€™s say having a U.S. company and staying in Spain is fine).

So : my concerns right now revolve mainly on anyoneโ€™s experiences with applying for this type of visa. How difficult was it? How long did it take you?

Also, Iโ€™m wondering about how I can secure a rental space for a year if my lease depends on the approval from the embassy. Iโ€™m also wondering if Valencia is a good place to stay in?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Ko Samui, Ko Lanta, Goa or Chennai. Which one to start developing apps?

in Ko Samui , Thailand by @lordcyberspacer 8yr 8 years ago  | 10 comments

Hi nomads!

Iโ€™m intending to become a proper digital nomad in January at the latest, and I am just starting to take some initial steps. I am a software developer and I intend to create an app and build a startup. Which one of these places would be best for that?

• Ko Samui (Thailand)
  • Ko Lanta (Thailand)
  • Goa (India)
  • Chennai (India)

My idea is to develop my business in any of those places and open it here in Australia later on. Obviously, one of the main reasons why I have picked those places is that they are very affordable so that I can make the most of my savings from my current contract :slight_smile: Goa would probably be my favourite pick since is quieter and not as crowded as Chennai (I think), plus living costs are about half of what they are in Ko Samui and Ko Lanta.

However, due to the nature of my business plan, Internet is a must. I have read your article about Goa and you said that Internet access is pretty bad, however I noticed that you wrote that a year ago and I also heard that this is currently changing. Whatโ€™s the situation right now?

Cheers!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are some good apps to track income and expenditure for nomads?

by @gareth_pickering 8yr 8 years ago  | 6 comments

Hi all, can any recommend a decent iOS (multi device) personal finance app to track income and expenditure, that also supports multi currency when you move or travel to a new country. Someone suggested moneywiz but Iโ€™d like to get some feedback before I spend time and money on something when there might better options out there.

Many thanks
Gareth

Admin edit: fixed title and removed spam links.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is your favorite tool, app or product for nomads?

by @tkrunning 8yr 8 years ago  | 12 comments

Occasionally I discover some really great tools that make life as a digital nomad orders of magnitude easier or better. Some of the ones Iโ€™ve found include:

So what products, services, tools, websites or apps have you discovered that have made your life easier or better?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best mobile app for finding the fastest wifi hotspots nearby?

by @thom801 8yr 8 years ago  | 3 comments

Iโ€™m currently using Wifi Map Pro on iOS. Works pretty well, but no indication of speed or quality on that app. Any ideas?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best Macbook Air apps for digital nomads?

by @zosiaswidlicka 8yr 8 years ago  | 8 comments

I just got my first ever Macbook and I am curious to find out which apps you find the most useful when working and travelling. They can be directly related to work (Iโ€™m a writer, mostly), or for travelling, planning, organising or pure fun times.

So far Iโ€™ve got Skype and Chrome, hoping you can inspire me with some more interesting tools!

Cheers

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
479ms