What is the best way to approach Taiwan?

We have never been in Taiwan (a couple of travelers) and I am just wondering is possible to find there some quite clean place to hang for a while? How it is better to start? Are there any website’s for short and long term rentals? It looks like AirBnB is not that popular there. So it seems that usual tactics - rent hotel or airbnb for short term and then look for long term just driving around might not work. It looks like everything there in Chinese - so if there are any tips how to overcome this - that is more then welcome :slight_smile: Overall just interested in any suggestion - where best to go first? Also is it hard to extend your stay there - we are digital nomads - so working for some company overseas and probably will be extending as a tourist (If we like there).
Sorry for so many questions - but this is really some terra incognita for me :slight_smile:

I can offer my experience at least. I stayed at Meander hostel a few years back in a private room. It ended up being a great choice, it wasn’t crazy expensive and I was able to meet up with a lot of travelers just by chilling in the common room. Everyone was so friendly, I remember just sitting there and random people would start chatting with me and within minutes we were all taking a walk to the nearby night market. In addition to all the social aspects of the hostel, I had my own private room so I was able to stay productive. I only stayed for around 2 weeks though. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I’ve been in Taiwan for nearly a year … 3 month visa runs etc. How long are you staying for … and my experience is Taipei… so cant speak for the rest of the country much

Well we decided to go to Vietnam for now - not yet having any certain plan for Taiwan

No worries … The whole CorVis19 is causing issues in the whole region… maybe better to stay put in the short term