What neighborhoods to stay in Mexico City?

Hi guys!

Know Mexico City?

We are here for 4 more nights. We want to get a good feel for how it would be to live here as nomads.

What neighborhoods should we check out? What cafés should we peep? What peeps should we meet?

Haha, thanks so much!

Try Condesa near Parque Espana, which seems to be the most fun area to stay in right now

Just in case anyone stumbles across this later, I totally agree with Parque Espana as a fun place.

You can’t really go wrong staying anywhere along Tamaulipas. You can walk to a different restaurant for every meal for weeks on end. A lot of the places to stay here reflect that popularity which is good and bad. If you’re willing to pay above the market rate of surrounding areas you can almost always find a very nice place on Airbnb that’s available. If you have a lower budget then you’ll want to book pretty far in advance.

Roma Norte also has a great scene it’s worth checking out.

As far as good goes, do not pass up trying the tacos Por Siempre Vegana. Whether you’re vegan or not, these are some of the best tacos in Mexico City which means they’re among the best in the world!

If you’re feeling really adventurous, befriend a local and ask them to tell you about the Tepito neighborhood.

I went to CDMX for 1 month and ended up staying 2 and still didn’t feel like I scratched the surface. One of my favorite cities!

1 Like