Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (625K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,924) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What would you pay for coworking + living space in Calcutta, India?

in India by @dave_chakrabarti 8yr  | 5 comments

Iโ€™m building a longer-term base in Calcutta, India, and was wondering what digital nomads would think of renting a room here, or what theyโ€™d consider a fair rent.

Quick overview:

Newly renovated, ground floor, in a nice residential neighborhood (Salt Lake), a ten minute walk to the City Center mall. Restaurants, pharmacies, public transportation, etc are all within a five minute walk.

Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, fancy shower stall, nice patio with hammocks and bean bags. AC in the study and bedrooms.

The study has high speed internet access with redundant internet lines (the main line is an actual physical DSL connection, not cellular, extremely reliable, goes down for a few hours maybe once every three years), extra network storage if you need to backup or dump large files, and there are a couple of raspberry pis around if youโ€™re a techie and want to make something while youโ€™re bored.

New paint, new tiles, new electrical wiring, granite bookshelves; the entire apartment was rebuilt (everything from the floor tiles up) this month.

The downside, of course, is that Calcutta is very far off the digital nomad path :slight_smile: Assuming anyoneโ€™s interested in seeing this side of the country, what would a reasonable rent be for someone sharing the apartment with me in a private bedroom? I suspect I could make the place work at $250/month.

What else would you like included or available as an option? Food (Iโ€™d normally recommend against this; food in Calcutta is cheap and amazing), tours, travel in this part of India, other stuff I havenโ€™t thought of yet?

Thanks! All ideas welcome. Iโ€™ve been toying with the idea of making this a space more friendly to digital nomads since I started the renovation, so I figured itโ€™s time to start vetting the idea.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

That seems a bit harsh. While Iโ€™m personally not interested in coworking/living spaces, Iโ€™d spend some time in Calcutta as a city โ€“ we donโ€™t all want to just hang around CM, Bali and whatever other overrun hubs there are. I think $250 would be a great price.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@johnnybd 8yr

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@johnnybd 8yr

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jasonm 8yr

Do you mean that youโ€™d share the space with others while youโ€™re there, or more of an Airbnb style? :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

@jason2, Could be either. If someoneโ€™s here while Iโ€™m in town, Iโ€™d be in the other bedroom, and if someoneโ€™s here when Iโ€™m on a bike ride somewhere, Iโ€™d probably have a friend give them a key.

@johnnybd, some of the best digital nomad experiences Iโ€™ve had have been in the third world, in countries youโ€™d consider poor, polluted, or messy. And some of the worst experiences Iโ€™ve had were traveling through the US, in areas youโ€™d assume were cleaner. Similarly, a lot of my most memorable travel experiences werenโ€™t in tropical areas at all (Kashmir, or London). Iโ€™m sorry your perspective is so limited.

@jellyfish, Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coliving or other monthly rentals in Seville?

in Seville , Spain by @antoine_th 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Hello Everyone

I'm planning to stay in Seville for 6 weeks for mid January - end of February. Do you any recommandations for a coliving or a place to live in?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Video chat coworking solutions?

in Brazil by @essentiallyint 3yr 3 years ago  | 2 comments

I am new to working out of coworking spaces. My business entails a lot of video conferences. I haven't chosen a specific coworking space yet but generally, what are the potential solutions for this? I have a microphone and headphones but still fell like it may be inconsiderate to take the calls anywhere in the coworking space. For a solo person, what are some general solutions? Are there usually options to rent a private room by the hour with just enough room to set up my microphone and laptop? Sidenote: any coworking space recommendations in Florianapolis, Brazil would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do you ensure that you have good WiFi for working whilst travelling e.g. in places like India?

in India by @davda1546 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

We are hoping to travel later this year and we will be working remotely - how do you ensure you get good WiFi in places such as in India where the signal isn't always great? Do you have any tips on where to go/ what equipment you have to get?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Do you prefer co-living spaces or hostels or Airbnbs?

by @davda1546 4yr 4 years ago  | 5 comments

We are hoping to become nomads soon and have booked an AirBnB in September in Goa for our first destination. We are considering what would be the best option for accommodation after that. We are trying to decide between co-living spaces, hostels, or Airbnbs.

What are your experiences of accommodation in terms of the following: reliable wifi, social aspect, pricing, cleanliness, cooking facilities?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place in South East Asia to live for 6+ months per year

in Indonesia by @miklaskroager 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

We're looking for a country in South East Asia that can function as our base, mainly for tax purposes. Meaning it will have to be a place where we can stay for the 183 days required without too much hassle.

We've been looking at Thailand, but have heard that it's very hard to do visa runs etc., so what other can you recommend? Indonesia looked like a good option, but the income rate is a flat 20% and very high for the region.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anyone created a list of co-living spaces around the world?

by @keegansard 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

Iโ€™m a big believer in co-living but Iโ€™m finding hard to find all the options available in different cities.

I have found the major players like Roam, The Collective, and WeLive but havenโ€™t found many others.

Has anyone seen a list or should I start making one?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there any nomads from India?

in India by @ankitdas123 5yr 5 years ago  | 56 comments

I have seen a lot of posts from different people across the world, but not even a single post from someone in India, who has been a nomad, either living within the country or traveling to another one.

Would definitely love to hear stories from such people. We are a couple traveling as social nomads who are trying to bridge the gap between the rural and urban societies in India. We have started out very humble and do not have much resources, so looking out for help from the community.

Ankit & Rishika
Around Love and Life

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Shikoku,can anyone help me with information about living there please

by @lofty 5yr 5 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi,
My name is Nick,currently living in Australia and looking at moving to Shikoku next year to live for a couple of years.My wife is Japanese,but I dont speak much though I have lived in Tokyo for some years previously.
Any advice on best areas to look at would be greatly appreciated ,

Thanks in advance
Nick

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?

in Amsterdam , Netherlands by @frosay 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?
I donโ€™t like noisy cafes and high prices of Spaces.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is there any good and safe coworking space with fast internet in Costa Rica?

in Costa Rica by @sven 5yr 5 years ago  | 7 comments

Everything is in the title.

Iโ€™m working on a big project so I will need fast internet (>15 mbps).
If itโ€™s close to the beach, it would be even better.

Thanks !!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best coworking spaces in Playa del Carmen, Mexico?

in Playa del Carmen , Mexico by @simone_scarduzio 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Would you recommend โ€œWork Zoneโ€ http://www.oficinasplaya.com over Nest?
Do you have other coworking spaces there you would recommend?

And where is a good place to stay (i.e. coliving)?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Foreigner owned Coworking business in Malaysia

in Malaysia by @newyam 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

Heyo folks! The idea to open up an own coworking space in Malaysia has been on my mind for quite a while and I would like to reach out on foreigners being a business owner/co working space owner in Malaysia, there are a lot of questions that would follow up but most importantly is to reach out to someone with experience.

Ideally would be someone who runs a coworking space in Malaysia, second best would be to just come in touch with a foreign business owner in Malaysia.
Cheers
Yamin

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coliving or other monthly rentals in Barcelona?

in Barcelona , Spain by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Iโ€™m looking for a monthly rental in Barcelona. Iโ€™m only planning to stay 1 or 2 months.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Coworking in Merida?

in Merida , Mexico by @jasoninbend 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Any recommendations for a coworking spot in Merida, MX? Iโ€™ll be staying in the Centro zone for most of July. Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Living in Dubai for a month. Tips?

in Dubai , United Arab Emirates by @cyrilgupta 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Heya!
I have to be in Dubai by end of the month to finish the formation of my company and residency etc. Iโ€™ve stayed at hotels earlier, but that sounds pretty impractical considering I will be living there nearly for a month.

Anyone got any tips about renting a short-stay apartment for a month? Maybe even a few leads?

What about living in Dubai? I will be working hard, but I donโ€™t want to be bored out of my mind. Places I can hang out, things I can do?

Please share :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Coworking spaces in Goa (India)

in India by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Does anyone know of any decent coworking spaces in Goa (India) ?

Looks like a very fun place to live for a few months. I havenโ€™t been there myself yet but keep hearing very good things about it.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best coworking space in Medellin?

in Medellรญn , Colombia by @adele 6yr 6 years ago  | 6 comments

Hi there,

Iโ€™m considering a month or two in Medellin and wondered what the co-working space options are like. I want something more than a cafe, so happy to pay the going rate. I spent a couple of months at Hubud in Bali earlier this year and loved it, but realise that Iโ€™ve set the bar pretty high.

Has anyone used Epicenter? I read somewhere it is pretty busy. Any other options?

Suggestions much appreciated.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Coworking spaces in Osaka?

in Osaka , Japan by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Iโ€™m looking for a good coworking space in Osaka.

There are a few listed on coworker.com & workfrom.co, however, none of them has reviews.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Coworking spaces in Kyoto

in Kyoto , Japan by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Iโ€™m looking for a good coworking space in Kyoto.

There are a few listed on coworker.com & workfrom.co, however, none of them has reviews. Itโ€™d be great to have tips from people who actually went to some of these coworking spaces.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Training rooms at coworking spaces in London

in London , United Kingdom by @pete 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey

Iโ€™m looking to run free introductory coding workshops in London.

Would any of you lovely people have any recommendations?

My requirements are:

• room for 15-20 people in a boardroom or classroom setup
  • wifi
  • available weekday evenings (we usually do 6-9pm)
  • big screen or wall for projector (we will have our projector if needed)

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Pete

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
547ms