What's the best SIM/WiFi package with coverage in entire Europe?

Currently with Orange Spain but looking to dump them and move to an EU wide sim - one I can use ideally for phone calls around the world as well? Also, any recommendations for WiFi on the move. Was looking at Open Sky recently - it’s for on the move in a campervan http://www.opensky-europe.eu/

0 Likes

There isn’t really one that is priced well and has decent speeds. You can get something really expensive that works everywhere or something pretty slow that works everywhere. I just buy a new card for each country. Sucks but it is currently the best option.

0 Likes

Which are the expensive ones that work everywhere? Any links. Thanks :smile:

0 Likes

Don’t have names, sorry. I look at them when they’re posted, think “what a ripoff” and move on. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

See here for EU http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/European_Union. For the whole world I know only of GoogleFi.

0 Likes

Free Mobile from France have a nice Europe wide plan, but they limit to 35 days per country per year

0 Likes

Three Like Home (link) offers coverage in:

• UK
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • Austria
  • Denmark
  • Sweden
  • Hong Kong

For €20/mo. I’m basing that off Irish SIMs, don’t know about the others. I use my phone for data primarily, so for other countries, I just buy a local SIM.

0 Likes

I also found free.fr to be really good at 22 euros.

But the 35 day limit is a hassle except for short trips. Handy to have available for a day here and there while getting a better deal on a SIM than at the airport.

Now I have moved to Google Fi and will see how that works out. Others seem to be very happy with it so far.

One of the problems with a SIM from a different country is that many people have blocked international outgoing calls or texts (perhaps without knowing it) so they find they can’t reply to your messages.

If the SIM is cheap where you are, just get one locally. Use Google Voice or equivalent as a “permanent” number.

0 Likes