Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,882) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where are the best rustic locations in Europe that also have fast Internet?

by @danielgenser 9yr  | 27 comments

Iโ€™m interested in finding out about locations in Europe that are in pretty, rustic locations, but also have good Internet speed. Any ideas on where to look? Bonus if the locations are out of the Schengen zone. AirBnB listings of places youโ€™ve stayed at are helpful, too.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@nadiamaki 8yr

Would recommend Dordogne in France for sure. I have yet to hit Bulgaria, but it is a little off the regular track and has the 8th fastest internet in the world! It comes highly recommended to me.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I adore Bulgaria - it really does have beautiful natural areas. Is it really meant to have fast internet outside of the built-up areas?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

This is a rather late response, but the village of Villeneuvette in Herault, while not outside the Schengen area, is most certainly within a โ€˜rusticโ€™ area (read dazzlingly beautiful nature - Iโ€™ve been hiking in the mountains on most of my off days), but the WiFi is pretty good too. Iโ€™ve been renting someoneโ€™s studio (there are lots of artists here so everything tends to be beautiful), and when Iโ€™ve had the WiFi drop out Iโ€™ve been able to go to the cafe or even the posh hotel which calls itself a B&B. The village is stunning. Just use Google Images and youโ€™ll see.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@titpetric 9yr

Croatia, for now, is still outside of Schengen. There are a bunch of rustic places worth considering, but LTE coverage is still a bit spotty in rural villages and such. I can recommend Porec, even if itโ€™s a touristy town, it pretty much dies out in September, and if you find a place to stay outside of town, itโ€™s as quiet as it gets. I would suggest about a 5km range, beyond that LTE gets spotty (10km at Baderna was slightly unstable, disconnecting every few hours, it gets annoying). Internet packages are about 10eur/week if you want a LTE sim card (HR Telecom, or about 1.5eur/day, might just be during summer). If youโ€™re renting a place which has internet you can avoid this cost. A few bars in the city offer WiFi. The one thatโ€™s open practically whole year is at the peninsula next to the marina, called โ€œCafe Del Marโ€ (open wifi). There are I guess other options, but generally the city is filled with hot spots, itโ€™s just a question where you can drop yourself. I donโ€™t know about any coworking spaces in the area, youโ€™re on your own there.

Croatia is generally very nice, I saw some other cities like Skopje, but as your asking question was about rural scenery, places around Porec are already very rural. If you want the kind of โ€œmiddle of nowhereโ€ rural, you can check out places around Motovun. While popular in the sense that it has a movie festival there during the summer, itโ€™s so tiny and small that I guess you can visit all of their trattorias within a week, not that I tried.

Slovenia is fine, but unless youโ€™re renting a place like locals do, it will get very pricey. Forget about hotels and apart hotels/apartments, airbnb, prices are worse than Vienna.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hey @DanielGenser โ€” Iโ€™m curious, why do you prefer spots outside the Schengen zone? Just because they tend to be cheaper or something else?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@miquel 9yr

@sabbatical, Americans can only be in Schengen zone for 90 out of every 180 daysโ€ฆ Makes a huge obstacle for any sort of nomadโ€™ing in Europe.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@harris 9yr

@Philippe - itโ€™s a 3-month visa runโ€ฆ you have to stay out of Schengen for 3 months. Although, I hear many countries are lax (Spain, Italy, etc). @Miquel - there are some countries that have โ€œself employedโ€ visas that make it possible for freelancers and entrepreneurs to get a 1 year (and extendable) Schengen visa. I believe GERMANY is leading the way on this. So, the idea would be โ€“ go live in Germany first, get the self-employed visa and then Viola - free reign in Schengen FTW!

Weโ€™re moving to Barcelona next year โ€“ so, Iโ€™m beginning this process in Spain. Iโ€™m so excited to get to traveling around Europe.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Visa Run in the UK and Norway ?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@miquel 9yr

Canโ€™t do โ€œvisa runs.โ€ Each day you accumulate doesnโ€™t expire for 180 days, no matter where else you go in the world.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™m also craving somewhere rustic in August, away from the touring masses in Europe and hopefully not too hot. I need to be out of the Schengen region as well, was thinking Romania. Should any other nomads be thinking the same and interested in converging somewhere, let me know โ€“ rustic is great but extremely isolated maybe notโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Andorra has 100M fiber everywhere. Old ADSL connections removed. Skiing in winter and 2.5 hours from Barcelona and 2.5 from Toulouse. 10% tax on worldwide income from 1st January 2015.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

By the way, when you go remote, do you rent a car or scooter ? Bus ? Bicycle ?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@paulmanea 9yr

Check out Sighisoara and Sibiu in Romania or the areas surrounding them. Youโ€™ll find plenty of super-rustic villages and the Internet is usually 10Mbps at least and the living cost super-low.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Lonely Planet called my place " Rustic chic gets no better" I offer a Digital Nomad package of good wifi, lodgings/food and other travellers to hang out with in the evenings for 300 euro a month all in up in the hills of Transylvania. Check out my place if your interested. The Village Hotel Maramures

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@miquel 9yr

@WorkingTraveller, any specifics on MBPS at Hotel Maramures? Would you recommend it for a month or two stay?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How about tuscany in Italy? the area is filled with stunning, rustic villages and towns scattered amongst the Tuscan hills :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@sergi 9yr

I really recommend Menorca, the Baleares, Spain. Itโ€™s a beautiful island in the Mediterranean Sea. In summer is paradise with sandy beaches and shallow waters, whereas in winter you can be focused or your work from a coworking space or a cheap rental apartment in Mahon or Ciutadella, the two main towns. Besides, there are nice rustic locations in the center of the island. Btw, the Internet is fast and reliable in the cities, not so much in the countryside. Just an idea to consider (:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I spent 2 weeks in Menorca, about a 10 minute drive from Mahon, and the internet was horrible. SO SLOW and it wouldnโ€™t stay consistent. Menorca is beautiful, yes. but I would definitely stay in the of the cities if you go.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@geonomad 9yr

Andorra has fibre most everywhere and if you get out to the smaller villages can be very pleasant, especially out of the high season.

But I can also vouch for Slovenia. I would go back to Tolmin in a heartbeat. Great place. Great people. Excellent paragliding.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@orlando 9yr

Small and mid-sized towns in Slovenia, part of Schengen area and eurozone, close to Venice, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Adriatic cost all in two hours drive distance.

Extremely fast broadband even in small towns (up to 200/200 Mbit/s, see www.t-2.net) and LTE/4G (20 Mb/s, 5GB in total, 20 EUR, www.telekom.si). More rustic locations still have good have LTE/4G and ADSL+, some even broadband.

You can get furnished flats starting at 250 EUR/month! But see local real estate site http://www.nepremicnine.net (not in english though) instead of AirBnB to find these. Look for mid-sized towns such as Novo mesto, Koper, Celje, Postojna, Kranj, or even smaller if youโ€™re looking for more rustic variations.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Orlando - you just made my day! Iโ€™ve been thinking about heading to Slovenia in July and August and was wondering what smaller cities/towns were worth looking into. And itโ€™s excellent to have the link to that site. Thank you!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@orlando 9yr

Gigigriffis, Iโ€™m really happy to hear that! :smile: July and August will be great as there will be great amount of really interesting festivals and events going on.

Apartments in coastal towns will be more expensive during that time, but the whole country is so small you can be anywhere in two hours time, so you can hire an apartment somewhere cheap and drive around.

PS. Found an English version of that real estate site: http://www.realestate-slovenia.info/

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Weโ€™ve enjoyed working in ฤŒesky Krumlov before. Only a 3 hour bus ride from Prague, still pretty inexpensive, and much quieter/smaller.

Havenโ€™t had any issues with wifi. Seems to be plenty fast.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I think you could find rustic places with fast internet in France. The local network could vary wildly according to the local infrastructure, some places being at the end of the line and other being luckier.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

To me, this means not in a city, perhaps in a village or town, but most of all this means quiet, bucolic, perhaps more of a natural setting.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Internet in Switzerland tends to be good and the towns of Murren, Wengen, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, and Wilderswil are all incredibly picturesque and surrounded by amazing nature. Things can get pricey in Switzerland, but if budget isnโ€™t an issue, they are some of my favorite places.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi Daniel,

What are your criteria for pretty and rustic? Do you like old-world cities (Prague, for example) or tiny towns?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

International number & internet?

by @leobassam 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

Has anyone figured out a way to get setup with a virtual number and internet connection anywhere you go?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to ship bikes from US to Europe?

by @ld 4yr 4 years ago  | 3 comments

Hello,
Iโ€™m preparing to travel again to Europe, but this time I want to bring our bikes. 2 road bikes. Iโ€™ll be traveling from USA to the Milan or Rome airport.

Iโ€™d appreciate hearing your thoughts, experience and tips on traveling with a bike. I plan on being fairly stationary with our location and staying in one spot for 2-3 months, then (hopefully train) to another spot for 3 months, etc. So itโ€™s the initial international flight Iโ€™m most concerned about. But realistically, I think a regional flight will be inevitable with the bikes, too.

I know a bike box will be huge and we will have to break down the bike, thankfully our bikes are fairly light weight. Iโ€™m expecting it to be a huge painโ€ฆbut I think the reward of having a good bike to roam around with will be invaluable. Especially since we will be staying in rural areas and donโ€™t want to rent a car.

General range of cost?

Anyone bring their bike and glad they did? โ€ฆWish they didnโ€™t?.. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

SIM to use in Eastern Europe

by @itinerantdev 5yr 5 years ago  | 6 comments

Over the next few weeks Iโ€™m visiting:

• Prague 4 days
  • Bratislava 12 days
  • Berlin 7 days
  • Budapest 60 days

I am British and was assuming I would use my giff gaff sim as that has free EU roaming.

But I have been in Mexico for six weeks and giff gaff emailed and said if I didnโ€™t use my sim in the UK soon they would start charging their normal expensive roaming rates.

Soโ€ฆ Can anyone recommend a pre-pay data only sim/package I can use in all of these countries? Ideally which I can pick up in Prague?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best warm destinations in Europe in the winter?

by @jammingsloth 5yr 5 years ago  | 33 comments

Planning ahead for the winter. Iโ€™ll be in Spain in the Fall and want to go someplace warm for the winter in or near Europe, but not Schengen. Was first thinking Cape Town, but the internet is slow and it is very far. Was also thinking:
Israel - but airbnb listings are very pricey.
Morocco?
Turkey - maybe a little chilly.

Any other suggestions?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Advice on phone plans? 1 year in Europe

by @larsheather 5yr 5 years ago  | 8 comments

Weโ€™re Americans planning to be in Europe for all of 2020 - approx. 90 days in each country, and alternating Schengen and non-Schengen. Our destinations will likely include four of these: Italy, Croatia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Ireland, Romania, and Spain.
Can anyone give us advice on cell phones? We would prefer to keep our current (U.S) numbers if at all possible. We donโ€™t anticipate making many local calls, but will phone the U.S. about once a week. Weโ€™ll use our phones for internet quite often.
Any advice for our situation would be very much appreciated!
Thanks,
Heather and Lars

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Nomad in Europe and buying a car

by @toob 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

Weโ€™re nomadโ€™ing around Europe, living in places for a few months at a time. It would be super convenient to own a car for this, but we havenโ€™t found a good option to buy and keep one without being a steady registered resident in any country. Every time we move weโ€™d have to basically change number plates et cetera.

Does anyone have any experience with this and has helpful advice?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Can anyone recommend a good Swedish bank for European student?

by @raz 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

The ideal bank will have an easy on-boarding as a European student studying and living in Sweden for a year and is merciful when it comes to sending GBP into the account.
Can anybody recommend a good Swedish bank? :raised_hands:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Whatโ€™s a good European call & SMS forwarding service?

by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Hi all

What do you guys use for receiving both sms & calls on a European phone number?

Iโ€™d like to have a phone number that does not change for at least 1 or 2 years.

I did my homework & found this thread but itโ€™s only about US services so I donโ€™t think itโ€™s relevant: Whatโ€™s a good US call and SMS forwarding service?
Also, I looked into Google Hangout but it doesnโ€™t support European phone numbers.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best European Ski Towns?

by @matthewhallcom 6yr 6 years ago  | 9 comments

Looking to spend around 6 weeks somewhere in Europe this winter skiing and working. Donโ€™t need a big tech community but care more about it being affordable and having at least half decent skiing.

So far I have heard good things about Les Deux Alpes, France and Bansko, Bulgaria.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where is the best place to open a bank account in Europe?

by @julien 6yr 6 years ago  | 7 comments

Hello the community,

I am thinking about opening a business bank account in another country outside of France.
I live in Paris and I work as a freelancer. The taxes on my salary are very expensive (around 85%). I would like to know if there are better options for bank accounts within Europe.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

J

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coworking + surfing locations?

by @mike2381 6yr 6 years ago  | 31 comments

Anyone been to some nice spots for surfing that have fast internet and coworking offices in SEA?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where to pay taxes if self employed non-resident of the UK, travelling Europe?

by @jadi4nd 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Hi, I know there are a few posts around this topic but none of them quite answer my questions.

I am British and currently a resident in the UK.
Next year I am going to become a non-resident and spend over a year traveling mostly around Europe, moving every few weeks never staying anywhere longer than a month. (My first venture into becoming a digital nomad!)

I am remote, self employed, software developer working mostly for one client based in the UK.

Where am I liable to pay taxes?
From what I have read I will not be liable to pay taxes in UK, can anyone confirm this?
If not the UK then where if I am moving every few weeks?
If possible I want to avoid starting a company as this seems unnecessarily complicated for my work setup.

Thank you in advance for any help :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which is the warmest city in Europe with the highest number of tech jobs?

by @omarmohameddev 6yr 6 years ago  | 8 comments

I am currently living in Cologne, Germany, with my wife, but we are looking for to continue our slow-nomadism path towards a warmer city, possibly close to the sea, where I can easily get a new job and offer a set of well-know, tech companies/startups. Any idea?

I was considering Madrid and Valencia, but also Nice looks very attempting even if I am scared that there are not enough tech companies could become hard find/change job in the long term.

Thanks everyone in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Health Insurance for Europeans?

by @patrickheneise 6yr 6 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi there, Iโ€™m currently looking at Allianz Global and IM Global as a health insurance for long-term travel in Asia. Any experiences with those two or are there better options for European residents?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's a good and warm place in April to surf with fast internet?

by @jakegibson 6yr 6 years ago  | 9 comments

I landed a remote job that is fully remote with only one team skype meeting a week. Iโ€™m looking to leave around March 13th and stay 1 - 3 months in each place. The first place I want somewhere that is warm with good surf. For the group video chat I need at least 5/2 down/up reliable internet. Any recommendations for a place that meets that end of March - April?

Iโ€™ve read through the forums / nomads list. Iโ€™ve already done Costa Rica and Indo and would like to try somewhere new. Currently looking at Sayuliata Mexico, Canary Islands, and Morocco though I think Iโ€™ll wait on the second two since they sound like they are better in the fall.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where in Europe to settle for 90 or 180 days (fall - winter)

by @0frontiers 7yr 7 years ago  | 3 comments

am italian, speaking german, french, spanish.
Iโ€™m looking for a base for the upcoming winter season.
on my radar i have following options:

France = I love the country, speak its languge, enjoy its food, just the climate ainโ€™t most warm unless your in the deep south (good wines too)

Spain = After one year of living Mexico and speaking fluently spanish this rather new country could be very interesting, if not intriguing. Valencia probably on my top lists.

Italy = havenโ€™t been in Italy for a while, though iโ€™m italian. Generally very sociable country and if your not a tax resident the sounds of living in it is quite fascinating.

Greece = Never been there, food and climate would be probably very suitable if not super sweet. I can see my self overlooking the Agean see on a cup of wine while work is done stretching into sweet weekends.

Ukraine = I know bloody cold and politically tense, yet arguably cheap and still safe (iโ€™m used to Mexican standards). It would be a interesting ride for sure, and low expenses would mean easy route to stay competitive and build momentum in my business.

All other options are out of sight, UK , IRELAND are too cold and expensive. I would drink too much to feel sociable :slightly_smiling_face:

Where are you guys heading?
I have October, November, December to opt in , new year Iโ€™d probably HOP into a newer country, still EU-Bound โ€ฆ

Give me some pros and cons.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there cards similar to the APEC Business Travel Card that Europeans are eligible for?

by @dpt 7yr 7 years ago  | 3 comments

I heard from an American friend that he has several cards similar to the APEC Business Travel Card (link to Wikipedia ) that allow him to get priority treatment at immigration line in certain countries.
I was very intrigued and quickly checked up on the card, but it seems to be only available to citizens of APEC-member nations.

I was wondering if anyone here uses such cards, what your experiences with them are (specifically, Iโ€™m interested in cards available for Europeans/Germans).

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I'm looking for a European city with a great connection to the outdoors. Help?

by @justinbosco 7yr 7 years ago  | 23 comments

Iโ€™m in the middle of doing some research for our next destination within Europe and Iโ€™m hoping to get some suggestions from some outdoor enthusiasts whoโ€™ve spent time on the continent.

My favorite cities are Innsbruck, Austria and Bergen, Norway because you can be downtown having a beer one minute and thenโ€ฆ boomโ€ฆ up the mountain in the middle of nowhere 15 minutes later. Iโ€™m looking for a similar place to spend a month or two this winter. Places like these are hard to find because โ€œmid-size european cities with great hiking nearbyโ€ doesnโ€™t return too many relevant results on Google. Great adventure towns are usually in the middle of nowhere, the kind of places youโ€™ll need to rent a car to get to the grocery store, and places with good public transportation are usually concrete jungles. But places like Innsbruck and Bergen manage to combine the best of both worlds.

Has anyone come across similar places theyโ€™d recommend?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

European bank account for non resident

by @theunisk 7yr 7 years ago  | 5 comments

I hold South African/Portuguese dual citizenship, however I was born and (officially) reside in South Africa. Any recommendations for a nomad friendly european bank account ? Ie, one that does not require residency, proof of address, or have easy ways to get around these.
I will not be using it much for day to day expenses, more as a way to hold euros and be able to transfer between accounts. My US bank account has very high fees.
I am in europe for the next week or two (currently Italy) and hope to be able to get one before I leave.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the nomad hotspots in Eastern Europe (outside Schengen)?

by @emondpph 7yr 7 years ago  | 43 comments

Hi everybody,

In august my Schengen tourist visa will be over. I would like to go 3 months in Eastern Europe, but it needs to be outside of the Schengen area. I would have loved to go to Budapest but because itโ€™s Schengen I canโ€™tโ€ฆ

Frankly, I donโ€™t know Eastern Europe that well. What are the best spots for Digital nomad in this region ? Also, I need a cool co-working space, I donโ€™t like working from my house.

Thanks !

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
804ms