Where are the international nomads?

I just landed as a n00b digital nomad in Mexico City, and I am wondering… Where are all the international digital nomads hiding around here? I have been to several coworking spaces (WeWork, Selina etc.) only to find A LOT of local Mexican workers and businesses. Don’t get me wrong, that is all fine, but I was hoping to meet some international nomads! Any advice?

After Mexico City come to Medellin! Here you will meet many nomads-- There are always Coliving groups basing themselves here for a month at a time, all the time. Plus the coworking space at Selina is always filled with nomads.

1 Like

It depends a lot per area. Try hoodmaps.com/mexico-city and visit the more hip (yellow) international areas. Also try meetup.com and visit some tech meetups. Most nomads work in tech so you’ll probably find them there! :slight_smile:

Hop into the Mexico City room on Slack. There are lots of us!

2 Likes

Wow that is really helpful (in general). Thank you!

I will for sure go to Medellin at some point in the near future! Can’t wait already :wink:

Somehow your link refers to booking. com :slight_smile:

That’s odd. Maybe it’s an ad interjected? The official slack chat is nomadlist.slack.c0m from there join up with the #mexico channel. Send me a PM under the same username :slight_smile:

I’m heading to Mexico city on Sat - will be working out of the Reforma 26 WeWork. Can’t wait!

How are you finding it so far?

1 Like

Well, Mexico City is enormous, and WeWork has more than 10 offices here. But reforma 26 is really amazing, mainly due to the views, which are really inspirational. But other than that, I honestly was not a big fan. Their offices in the center (reforma 26, reforma latino) consists of 5-10 floors, and it all seems very divided. And as I wrote in my post, there only seem to be few international nomads, so it’s mainly local Mexican people you will find there (including a lot of smaller Mexican start-ups and companies).

Where are you based? I picked Zona Rosa based on the WeWork proximity :smiley: Have you found a more nomad-friendly workspace?