Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,884) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where to Register Complaints Against Businesses in Barcelona?

in Barcelona , Spain by @joutazo 8yr  | 1 comment

Long story short, my friends and I flew with Vueling and they lost our luggage. Theyโ€™ve done nothing so far except ignoring the problem. Theyโ€™ve failed to give us any kind of status on the luggage or offer any kind of compensation. Some of us even had our work laptops in our bags. Itโ€™s been five days with no response. Several times when weโ€™ve contacted them, theyโ€™ve hung up the phone on us. Itโ€™s been a terrible experience, and since we canโ€™t get them to do anything reasonable through their normal customer support channels, Iโ€™d like to escalate it by filing a formal complaint with some sort of government or legal entity that helps hold businesses accountable. The only problem is that I donโ€™t know who to report it to in Barcelona/Spain. I speak good enough Spanish to file a claim, but since I donโ€™t know what that sort of entity is called in Spanish, Iโ€™ve been having trouble finding where to do so.

TL;DR Where can I file consumer complaints against a company with the government or a legal entity in Barcelona or Spain?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@the_sam 8yr

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you loose your luggages.

It seems that Vueling is having a lot of problem this summer, with late or cancelled flights, etcโ€ฆ

A friend told me that he filled a complaint with Aena, who is the entity in charge of the airports (it was for a delayed flight, but maybe works also for lost luggage) in Spain: https://serviciostelematicos.aena.es/csee/Satellite?c=Page&p=1237542279447&SiteName=AdministracionElectronica&pagename=AdministracionElectronica&cid=1237542279447

Other way is probably to fill an official complaint against Vueling, by filling an 'hoja de reclamacion". By law all businesses in Cataluรฑa needs to handle this form to anyone who ask for it. So the Vueling office should give you one. The form consist of three copies: 1 for you, 1 for the company and 1 for the offical agency in charge of protecting the consumers.

I am not 100% sure how it works (never use it myself so far) but I think that first you fill the form, present it to Vueling and from then they have something like 1 month to give you a solution. If nothing satisfactory is done after this period you can then forward the complaint to the official agency.

If you speak spanish, I would suggest you give a call to the phone number 012 ( Atenciรณn Ciudadana de la Generalitat de Catalunya), which can probably give you more accurate advices.

Some links that may helps:

Good luck for your luggage. I Hope you enjoy your stay in Barcelona despite of this problem !

Cheers,

Sam

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find accomodation in Las Palmas, Canary Islands

in , Spain by @philippg 3yr 3 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi, we are trying to find a house to rent for 2-3 persons near Las Palmas for 4-5 months at the moment and it seems to be almost impossible except through Airbnb which is super expensive. Any advises or local contacts?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coliving or other monthly rentals in Seville?

in Seville , Spain by @antoine_th 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Hello Everyone

I'm planning to stay in Seville for 6 weeks for mid January - end of February. Do you any recommandations for a coliving or a place to live in?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place for solo UK traveller for surf, sun & working between Oct and Dec??

in Tenerife , Spain by @leojb 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Hey Nomads, would love to know any thoughts here.

Top of the list are currently Tenerife, Lagos/Ericeira (Portugal) & Malta??

Would love to know if anyone can vouch for these at this time of year.

Beautiful beach would be the dream. Basically European Bali! I'm sure something many of us are searching for.

Thanks a million. Much love.

Leo

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best blogs by individuals who have started businesses in Southeast Asia?

in Thailand by @haiducii 4yr 4 years ago  | 0 comments

Hey everyone,

Looking for blogs by individuals who document their progress/business in South East Asia - ideally Vietnam, Cambodia or Laos - but also Thailand/Myanmar too.

Thank you,

Haiducci

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best SIM card you can get for traveling to Spain?

in Spain by @gabygarreau 4yr 4 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi! I want to relocate to Spain and I was wondering if someone can recommend a SIM card with a good data package.

Thanks

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Recommendations for UK/Scotland accountants that understand remote businesses?

by @eduardoyi 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Looking for recommendations for reliable accountants who understand how remote businesses with off-shore freelancers and clients work. Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Can anyone recommend a good Spanish language learning program in Alicante or Valencia?

in Valencia , Spain by @charliemartel 5yr 5 years ago  | 0 comments

Iโ€™m looking to spend 1-3 months in Alicante or Valencia this fall and would like to take a Spanish class there.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where should I register my company as a digital nomad? Singapore, Hong Kong?

in Singapore by @raphadk 5yr 5 years ago  | 14 comments

Hey guys, hereโ€™s a question Iโ€™ve been asking nomads I meet everywhere, but still havenโ€™t found good information. My startups mostly focus on american and european markets but I donโ€™t have a registered company, nor I live permanently on any of these countries.

I get the cash payments online in paypal (or adsense) and transfer it to Thailand (or Malaysia, or Bali, or Brazil, or wherever Iโ€™m at). The thing isโ€ฆ for low volume living expenses it seems fine, but as I scale the business, Iโ€™m starting to think more and more about fiscal law.

A fellow nomad told me to transfer it to Singapore, Hong Kong or The Virgin Islands, and then use an international credit card anywhere. I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s the best way to optimize thisโ€ฆ any ideas?

Also, could there be any problems in selling to these countries without a registered local company?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Re-Registering Self Employment to Another Country

by @hello513 5yr 5 years ago  | 5 comments

Hi!
Iโ€™m doing research about how I can register as a self-employed to another country, and I want to ask for some advice.

I have a Hungarian citizenship. I spent the last 4 and a half years abroad. For two years now I have a registered self-employment in Denmark. During this time I have always had an address there even though I was physically there for only half a year. My address was registered at a friendโ€™s place. I want to get rid of my self-employment there due to the language difficulties and high taxes. And here comes the difficult part.
I donโ€™t want to register self-employment in my home country as Iโ€™m not planning going back and I donโ€™t feel supporting it with my taxes (I know, itโ€™s more personal than practical). I thought about Ireland (where I lived half a year twice), but the biggest problem is the address. I donโ€™t have plans of settling down yet, but if I donโ€™t have an address I canโ€™t have a self-employment. Somewhere I read that itโ€™s an option to get a real address, then changing the business address to a mail forwarding company.

Iโ€™m looking into what opportunities I would have to register self-employment somewhere (not in my home country), and continue nomad style of moving from country to country frequently. Is there anyone who had been in a similar situation?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find an appartment in Valencia, Spain?

in Valencia , Spain by @them 5yr 5 years ago  | 8 comments

Hey all,

planning on going to Valencia for a while and am looking for an appartment from April to summer. Any Ideas where to look for? Appart from airbnbโ€ฆ

Also any tipps for area to live in and work spaces are most welcome.

thanks and best regards,
The M.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good coliving or other monthly rentals in Barcelona?

in Barcelona , Spain by @adrienbetweets 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Iโ€™m looking for a monthly rental in Barcelona. Iโ€™m only planning to stay 1 or 2 months.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

April in Spain. Where to go besides Canary Islands

in Spain by @rynesweeney 6yr 6 years ago  | 4 comments

So I head to Barcelona in a week for the next 4. I am reading some stuff online. I want to wing it and ask around when I get to Barce. But what I see online I may just spend the open three weeks I have in the Canary islands. The year round surfing and reasonable cost of living sounds great especially spending the first three months of 2018 on the beaches in Central America.

I fly out of Madrid the second week of May. I dont want to spend more than a couple days in Madrid. I had a week there last year. So if anybody could shed some insight based on their experiences that would be most bodacious.

For those who are still reading here are some interests of mine:

• Hiking and outdoors activities in general.
  • Surfing/beaches
  • Food (this should be higher on this list actually).
  • Smaller and lesser known cities are ideal.

Thanks for any and all the help peoples.

See you in the forum, Ryne

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Tips for nomads in Granada, Spain?

in Granada , Spain by @katieuniacke 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi everyone. Iโ€™ve just moved to Granada in Andalucia to live with some friends I met in Mexico. Planning on staying a few months and then seeing where the wind takes me, but in the meantime, I wanted to know if there are any fellow nomads around, or if anyone has any tips for coworking spaces/cafes? Thanks in advance! :smiley:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any opinions on where to live in Spain?

in Spain by @jjuter 6yr 6 years ago  | 9 comments

I am thinking about living in Spain a few months but do not know much about it. Any advice would be appreciated.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Non-EU Spouse experience registering in EU country

by @jess793 6yr 6 years ago  | 3 comments

Hello! My family and I are planning to move to Europe and live nomadically for some time. I was wondering if anyone had experience registering a NON-EU spouse. I know some countries are faster than others. Spain takes 6 months vs Poland taking 1 month. I would love to hear of anyone who had this experience. Do you know of any country where the process of registering a NON-EU spouse i fast? We donโ€™t want to wait to long in one county waiting for the temporary residency. Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Registering a Business in Netherlands for non European

in Netherlands by @deskaway 7yr 7 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi fellow nomads !
Looking for tax representative offices, logistic solutions and Company incorporation in Netherlands. ?

I will be in Amsterdam coworking and checking these companies out? Honestly I do not want to end up with a hidden fees companyโ€ฆ

Cheers from Berlin,

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Suggestions for somewhere to spend Jully in northern Spain?

in Spain by @jb510 7yr 7 years ago  | 6 comments

Iโ€™m looking for somewhere to spend July in northern Spain. (Not that it matters but June weโ€™re in Paris, August in Porto).

Iโ€™ve spent time in small Italian villages and loved the experience. Iโ€™m hoping to find something like that but in coastal Spain, I just donโ€™t know the area at all yet. Suggestions?

Somewhere roughly in or between Galicia and Bilbao. Somewhere walkable to a half dozen small resturants/cafes/etcโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Has anyone registered a company in Japan as a means to acquiring a visa?

in Japan by @kko 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Iโ€™ve done reading on this topic but wanted to see if anyone actually had experience doing something like this personally. Iโ€™m thinking of setting up a GK (Godo Kaisha), which is equivalent to an LLC, as a branch of my Delaware-registered corporation for my startup, and granting myself a work visa through this new entity so that I can stay in Japan long-term.

Iโ€™m curious about how long the process can take, what the lawyer fees might look like, and what obligations one has post-incorporation. Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Looking a for a flat to rent in Barcelona from January for 6 months. Anyone?

in Barcelona , Spain by @aleravanetti 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi guys, as I wrote in the title I am planning to move to Barcelona with my girlfriend starting from January 2017 and I am looking to rent a flat for 6 months, possibly in the Born area, but open also to other neighborhoods. My budget is around โ‚ฌ800 per month. Is anyone looking to rent out something that could fit my request? Any help would be appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Can you get an NIE number while working in Spain for a UK company?

in Spain by @sabolmm 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Has anyone stayed in Barcelona longer than 3 months as a nomad?

I realise UK citizens have to apply for a NIE number if they are staying longer than 3 months in Spain. But can you actually get an NIE number while working in Spain for a UK company?

My company is registered in the UK so I will be remote working from Spain, donโ€™t want to setup as a freelancer or sold trader in Spain as it will only be a temporary pit stop for 3-6 months.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
535ms