Which city in Belize should we go to?

Hello every one, me and my wife are looking into moving to Belize next year to try it out :slightly_smiling: We are looking for quite place to rent, comfortable with ADSL internet or faster and we will probably buy a car if we like Belize. What can you advise? What city\village? Looking forward for your advice

Belize has an interesting reputation, it sounds amazing over the internet, and many people talk about Caye Caulker or one of the other Cayes to live in. When you arrive, you will find the country to be incredibly expensive compared to both of its neighbours. My suggestion, head down to the following locations, rent for two weeks each on airbnb to compare, and then decide for yourself where you want to live:
Cancun, Play del Carmen, Tulum, Caye Caulker.

Mexico is far safer (especially riviera maya region), far cheaper, and you have 6 months there for most passports. If I were looking at a long term living prospect, I would look at either living in Playa del Carmen, or Puerto Morelos (which is half way between Cancun and Playa).

Good luck with your decision and keep us posted with what you decide, and also your opinions of the place you do end up picking, as it will help others in future.

1 Like