Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (648K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,882) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations Interior AI Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which places in Southern Thailand offer the ideal work and play balance?

in Thailand by @eot_fly 8yr  | 5 comments

Hi everyone,
Iโ€™ve been in Chiang Mai, for a month, and would like to go down south for another 2 months. My priority is finding a location where I can work from, preferably somewhere that is not too touristy, yet not too remote either. Do you have any recommendations in regards to finding a place that is both attractive (beaches, scenery, outdoor activities etc.) and ideal for getting work done (co-working spaces, cafes, not too overcrowded)?

Iโ€™ve been looking into the Krabi region (Ao Nang, Lanta, Koh Lipe) and the Surat Thani region (Ko tao, Phangan and Samui). Since I have never visited any of those places, I am not quite sure if they are well suited for working as much as doing touristic activities.

Thank you

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@marcob 8yr

@emir.gunel if you want the most โ€˜chillโ€™ vibe, while still having access to plenty of things to do, I would suggest Ko Lanta. Itโ€™s a relatively small island, but there are plenty of amazing places to eat, including lots of markets and it has the best beaches - long and full of restaurants and cafes that offer perfect working oasis. You can view some of the spaces we worked from on my instagram @marco_bisca - the one picture with the bungalows at night proved to be the best working location, itโ€™s called Somewhere restaurant - right inf ront there is a volleyball net where Iโ€™d play with the locals at sunset every day, watchout, theyโ€™re good!

Pros on Ko Lanta:
-easy access to Phi Phi, Ko Rok and other islands
-hop and a skip to Krabi
-chill vibe
-nice beaches
-not congested
-friendly locals

Good luck and enjoy your time down south.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@johnnybd 8yr

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@davidkeys 8yr

Chiming in from Koh Phangan in case itโ€™s on your radar. We spent a month in Chiang Mai and loved it. The networking opportunities, workshops, and convenience is really hard to beat.

Weโ€™ve been in Koh Phangan for three weeks and are just starting to find our groove. The islands amenities and cafes just arenโ€™t conducive to work, though if you want to over index on play itโ€™s great. The nomad community is small, overpowered by Full Moon Party tourists and friendly locals that seem to appreciate the offline life. The one coworking space (KohSpace) charges 1300 TBH a week and is nothing to write home about. Cafe culture is lacking and itโ€™s hard to find a place that has airflow or AC. Iโ€™d recommend it to families as there are plenty of expat families to connect with, but would limit the visit to a month or two max.

If you end up here anyway, Iโ€™d suggest working at The Flying Dutchman just north of Thongsala (not the flying dutchman in Had Rin). French press coffees for 50 THB (two cups), the Dutch/Thai staff are very friendly, 9 mbps internet, and a nice view/breeze.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

My favorite place is Lanta. I find it has the right balance for me. http://kohub.org makes work pretty easy and pretty much an instant community to tap into if you want it. Itโ€™s got fantastic beaches, enough outdoor activities (great diving!) and decent internet most places (cafes/restaurants/hotels/3g).

Whether it will be the right balance for you? Really couldnโ€™t tell you. in your shoes, Iโ€™d just go to one place, see how you like it and try somewhere else if itโ€™s not right.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Totally agree with the Koh Lanta assessment โ€“ itโ€™s a fantastic place. Itโ€™s got a lot of different kinds of accommodations so I think thereโ€™s something there for everyone. KoHub is amazing when you want community and there are lots of other great little spots to work from when you donโ€™t want the coworking space vibe. A couple of my favorites are Pattyโ€™s Secret Garden and Moloko Lanta. Both know the digital nomad crowd and are super friendly.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?)

by @orangutan3 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?) Asking from the US.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do you ensure that you have good WiFi for working whilst travelling e.g. in places like India?

in India by @davda1546 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

We are hoping to travel later this year and we will be working remotely - how do you ensure you get good WiFi in places such as in India where the signal isn't always great? Do you have any tips on where to go/ what equipment you have to get?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to arrange prescription medication abroad (for example Thailand / SEA)

in Thailand by @dezeisvastnogvrij 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Normally, when I go abroad for a longer period of time, I try to take as much medication with me from my home country as I can for that period. Which so far has worked well for me.

But if Iโ€™m going to be a full-time nomad that wonโ€™t work anymore. Mainly because Iโ€™ll then unregister from my country. Which has some downsides like not being able to have my current health insurance anymore. Other health insurance companies wonโ€™t cover existing conditions, so Iโ€™ll have to buy my medication โ€œover the counterโ€.

But since I need some medication which in The Netherlands (and I assume other countries) is only available on a doctors prescription. I was curious how people here arrange that (if there are any in the same boat as me).

The main medication I think would be hardest for me (and most expensive) to get is Epoetin-Alpha (Aranesp) injections.

Since thereโ€™s not really a โ€˜world wide standarizedโ€™ doctor prescription form, how do you get the medication abroad? Do you have a checkup there again at a local clinic before you can get the medication? (That would probably add to the cost too).

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which places in South East Asia are suitable for kids?

by @nomad4 5yr 5 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi everybody,

weโ€™re a family of 4 from Canada (Quebec province) leaving to Thailand on December 1st.
Our plan is to take things slowly and live in a peaceful environment while working a little and doing homeschooling to our 6-year-old son (plus escaping Canadian-cold winter :smile:)

This is roughly what our plan would look like:

• arriving in Bangkok, staying there for about a week (air bnb probably)
  • moving to Chiang Mai then Krabi (most likely Ao Nang, Ao Tha Lane, Railay) or Koh Pha Ngan (North part) or Koh Chang (2-3 months)
  • then Indonesia (Bali/Gili islands) (1,5 months)
  • And Malaysia (Batu Ferengi, Penang) to finish (1 month)

Weโ€™re not city dwellers, and love being surrounded by nature.
Knowing that, what would be the best places for a family who want something quiet, walkable and with reliable Internet service?

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Magali and Guillaume

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best beach towns in Southern Italy?

in Italy by @mitch_dina 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Looking to spend a month or so (March/April of โ€˜19) in a beach town(s) in Southern Italy, anybody have good experience down there?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there comparable companies like Iglu in Thailand?

in Thailand by @stiensf 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

You can look up the Iglu company in Thailand. It is a legal way of working in Thailand with a work permit for digital nomads. Are there other companies in Thailand offering work permits for digital nomads? They charge you 30% of your salary, which is a lot. Are there other companies charging less than Iglu or have a different pricing scheme?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?

in Amsterdam , Netherlands by @frosay 5yr 5 years ago  | 2 comments

What are the most comfortable and affordable coworking places in Amsterdam?
I donโ€™t like noisy cafes and high prices of Spaces.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

London meet-ups / events / places to meet nomads?

in London , United Kingdom by @jameswander 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Are there any regular meet-ups or other places to meet nomads in London?

This was the only nomad focused event I saw on meetup.com:
https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-BNBrelBl/events/252398877/

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Cheapest places to be a digital nomad in Latin America?

by @jfowler 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Hey guys โ€” Iโ€™m looking for the best cheap places to be a digital nomad in Central and South America. Priority list: 1) cheap 2) social 3) strong internet. Iโ€™m in debt and need to cut my cost of living as low as possible. But hey, I still have to live it up. THanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Places in Central or South America with a beach for remote working

by @mcdime 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Im looking to make my first venture into nomad living this September and keep leaning back towards Bocas del Toro.

Does anyone have experience setting up shop there? Iโ€™m open to other warm weather surf towns as well

Starting a SaaS company that assists the operation of service based industries so being near some other SaaS people would be wonderful. (First time starting a tech company)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Can I enter Thailand on a tourist visa and obtain an education visa there?

in Thailand by @hydrofog 6yr 6 years ago  | 7 comments

As an American Citizen, would it be safe to fly into Thailand without a visa? You can get a 30 day upon entry right?

The reason I ask is, Iโ€™m in the process of getting my passport. Iโ€™d like to leave basically as soon as my passport arrives in the mail. Iโ€™m unable to apply for a Thai Visa until I have my passport, so that would require an even longer wait.

Would I be able to fly into Thailand with no visa, then get a 30 day entry, then apply for an education visa while inside the country? Once I go, Iโ€™d like to not have to return to the US. I donโ€™t mind if I have to take a bus/flight to a neighboring country for however long if I must leave while I wait for an education visa.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any good places in Krabi to rent a house for long stay?

in Krabi , Thailand by @zoxel 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey everyone,
We are nomad couple looking for some house we can stay for year or more.
Are there any known good places, like new villages with modern houses or something like this that we can check? Or any place you can recommend to look for a good (for European) house for rent?
Thx in advance for your help!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Moving to Thailand for 6-9 months in August. Bangkok or somewhere else?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @andrea3018 7yr 7 years ago  | 14 comments

Hello Nomads,
I would like to move in Thailand for 6-9 months starting from August.
Iโ€™ll definetely stay in Chiang Mai as base for most of the time but Iโ€™d like to do the first month (August) in Bangkok or somewhere else.
What place would you recommend to visit first?
Would Bangkok be a good place to be during August?
I was also checking at the east coast isles but I got a little frightened out by the moonsoon idea but still, it would be cool to go to beaches and have some sun during that month :slight_smile: .
Would the moonsoons or the rain really be a problem?
Iโ€™ll move to Chiang Mai from september anyway but I would just like to start somewhere else since I have to wait for my girlfriend to come during september.

Thank you in advance for your advices,
Sorry for the bad english,
Andrea

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best way for Canadians to get cash or transfer money in Thailand & SEA?

in Thailand by @artofbryce 7yr 7 years ago  | 5 comments

Weโ€™re setting off on our first venture for new digital nomad life in 20 days!

• starting in Chiang Mai as our home base
  • 1 year ED visa
  • planning to bounce around all over

Right now, Iโ€™m utterly baffled and confused by trying to figure out how weโ€™re going to be able to get more cash or transfer money from our bank accounts in Canada. Either at all or without getting charged insane fees.

Iโ€™ve looked through the forum and a lot of solutions put forth with no real luck. Hoping that some Canadians may chime in with solutions, experience or advice.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where are the more hippy places in South and Central America

by @simonl 7yr 7 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi,

Iโ€™m looking for places in Central and South America that have more of a hippy vibe - yoga, good vegetarian/vegan food and good internet.

Let me know where youโ€™ve been.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are good places near Cancun?

in Cancun , Mexico by @jjuter 7yr 7 years ago  | 4 comments

Is there a place close to Cancun such as Playa Del Carmen or Talum where I can stay for 1-3 months? Any recommendations? Or is that not a good place for a long term stay?

I love the beach there when I visited there, I thought it would be nice to be able to live by the beach and work for a little while.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best places for local, organic food and strong internet outside of South East Asia?

by @jmacattak 7yr 7 years ago  | 8 comments

Where can I find locally sourced, organic (or at least non-GMO) and also be able to work with strong internet?
I did a search but didnโ€™t find much info. We love Bali and the food here is amazing, we are just looking to try somewhere else out (preferably somewhere in Europe) after a long time in Asia. We also loved the Northern Rivers area in Australia and want to find similar food offerings and compare our options!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Ideal 6 weeks south of the US border

by @rynesweeney 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

So I have a cruise on May 11 leaving from Cartagena Columbia. I am leaving the country the end of March and I am looking to hit 3-4 cities before setting off. This it probably my last extended stay in South America.

Current game plan:

• 2 weeks in Mexico City
  • 1 week in Havana
  • 1 week in Playa Del Carmen
  • Short term in Bogota
  • 1 week in Medellin
  • Short term in Cartagena

Am I making a mistake omitting Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Peru, Equador etc?

I work usually around 10 hours a week. I would like to spend the rest of my time soaking up the local culture, enjoying the local nightlife, and practicing my improving mediocre spanglish.

Anyone have experience/insight on areas I may enjoy more?

Thanks in advance!

Ryne

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What place in Thailand has fast internet and beautiful nature?

in Thailand by @tomanna 7yr 7 years ago  | 26 comments

Hi all!

Iโ€™m trying to work out where I should go in Thailand that offers a combination of strong internet connection with a bit of natural beauty (hills/sea - I donโ€™t really mind).

Iโ€™ve been in Bali recently and whilst it is gorgeous it has two main problems for me. First, it doesnโ€™t really support a lifestyle where you walk anywhere - the roads are dangerous and pavements largely non-existant. And, famously, the internet connections here arenโ€™t fabulous, unless you go to a coworking spot.

Can anyone with experience of Thailand please tell me if they can recommend somewhere thatโ€™s attractive to be in, well connected, and less-than-lethal for pedestrians?

thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Places to stay in bangkok for a few days

by @elirang 7yr 7 years ago  | 5 comments

Hi ,
Im going to be in Bangkok for a few days and iโ€™m searching good places and not expensive price (around 25$ a day max) - iโ€™m thinking on airbnb flat/private room but iโ€™m seeing a lot of hotels/guest houses on this budget.

Do have recommendation on accommodation types/places based on your experience ?

I head that its common in hotels that there is constructions or loud noise from bars โ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
464ms