Hi nomad girls and nomad boys!
I’m a full stack programmer, DevOps kind of thing, book author… Bref, I own a company based in France, and I’ve been traveling around the world for more than a year because I was fortunate enough to have my company running with all my clients. Now…
Because I can’t really get a precise sense of what digital nomads do for a living. Reading from topics, blogs, stories, etc. It’s difficult to have a global picture of how skills are spread around different fields. So I was thinking that a poll would help me, you to figure this out!
What do you do for a living while traveling ; being a digital nomad?
Here are the 2 questions for you!
First: what type of contract / legal status?
- Hired by a remote friendly company (including Toptal & co)
- Entrepreneur (running a website, webservice, webshop, etc.)
Second: From what skill is your main income coming from?
- Software development (front, back, security, whatever)
- UX, graphic design
- Marketing / social media / SEO
- Writing (blog, book, articles, journalist, translator, etc.)
- Advertising / affiliation
- Tourism (hotel, restaurant, …)
- Financial related activity
- Other…(surfing, karaoke, you’re rich and that’s it)?
I know my proposition might not be complete, but if a moderator wants to add more answers, feel free to do it
I’d love to have more insights, especially if you fall in the Other… category from the last question!