I’m sorry if this question has been asked before, whether in disguise or directly, but I couldn’t find its own dedicated topic and I find it very interesting to talk about.
One of my issues with the remote working world is the lack of knowledge of where to return to. After a one/two/ten month stint living and working somewhere else (say Airbnb’ing or a short let, meaning a place that is NOT yours by any means), where do you return to?
- Do most nomads own a place that you rent while you travel?
- If not, is this something that you consider doing?
- Do you return to your home country before deciding where to go next? Or do you jump directly somewhere new?
- And when you return, do you find the need to be in a personal, private space? (ie, not sharing with strangers 24/7 365 days a year)
Speaking for myself, I’ve gotten rid of my apartment in Portugal 2 years ago and moved to London simply for the pursuit of new and interesting opportunities. I’m now, at last, working remotely and I plan on working and living for a few weeks/months in random European cities, but not knowing where to return after to after this… is killing me! (I still own too many possessions to carry in a backpack. Not too many, but moving is a hassle).
- Those of you who travel without a set of keys on you, how do you deal with this thought? I’m really curious to get to know your views on this.
Thanks in advance. This forum has helped me a lot convincing me that this is a leap I need to make sooner or later cheers!