Currently with Orange Spain but looking to dump them and move to an EU wide sim - one I can use ideally for phone calls around the world as well? Also, any recommendations for WiFi on the move. Was looking at Open Sky recently - it’s for on the move in a campervan http://www.opensky-europe.eu/
|16 Dec '15||1mo||15 Jan '16||15 Jan '16|
16 Dec '15
Palma de Mallorca
🗯 Forum topics
Does anyone have any advice for Barcelona in terms of places to live that are dog friendly? Does anyone even travel with pets? Or even in a campervan? I plan to do lots of Europe first and foremost spending 1-2 months at a time in different cities/countries/places.
🗯 Forum replies
I’ve been nomading for about 2 years straight and I’m looking to switch it up a little bit. This year I’d like to set up a home base somewhere while still being able to travel around 50% of the time. I thought I would just put my current thinking here to to see if anybody had advice or input on it.
First, why have a base at all? For me it boils down to three reasons:
- Gear. Rock climbing, skiing, diving, trekking (and if you’re me, cooking) require specialized gear. I have some of that stuff in storage in the US and I’m tired of over-paying to rent sub-par equipment. Looking for a spot to store my gear and easily swap it out as needed based on seasons.
- A comfortable default spot for work. Sometimes you just want to sit in one spot for a month or more and just crank on a project. I want a great setup that I know I can default back to when I really just need to focus on work.
- Community. Nomading is great and this community is excellent. But I’d like to have my cake and eat it too, being part of a local and nomad community.
So I’m looking at Barcelona, Berlin and Budapest. No I don’t have a weird thing about cities that start with “B” - it just worked out that way.
I’m likely looking for a 1 bedroom apartment in the city center (i.e. Gracia, Mitte, District VII). It needs to be either (1) cheap enough that I wouldn’t feel awful about traveling while still paying rent, maybe max EUR 800-900/mo (2) Or, easily Airbnb’able if I’m gone for a while. Also looking for “foreigner-friendly” setup without an extensive bureaucratic leasing process.
So my questions:
- What are the sites/processes for finding long-term apartments in these cities?
- Anybody seen any interesting other solutions to this? Like dedicated nomad housing? Sweet group housing around this idea?
- Anybody already have a setup like this that they’d care to share?
Also if anybody loves this idea and wants to chat about finding a bigger place together I’m open to the idea.
✨ Recommended destinations
This is an algorithmic recommendation based on @stretford_dogs's trips history to find places they haven't been to yet that other people with similar travels as them also went and liked.