Digital Nomad for Refugees in Germany - Any ideas?

Hi I’m Japanese<>English Translator/Blogger currently lives in Leipzig,Germany.

I was wondering if any of you know any websites/services for refugees and immigrants that support them to be a Digital Nomad? Like, seminars, courses, lectures, guides, e-book in their language (Arabic,Albanian,Serbian,Kurdish,Pashto,Dari, etc…)?

I know some platforms for refugees to find a job online, but these jobs are not mainly location free works. I’m wondering how realistic it is for refugees to work remotely? I am thinking to list up the Upwork type of online job platforms on my blog, and accordingly do some seminars ; how to get jobs, how to monetize your blog and so on…

I’m asking this because lots of refugees I meet here are all complaining how hard for them to get a physical job in Germany, especially my area Leipzig has less job opportunities in general. (Thus, cost of living is amazing for DN like me.) So, I think going DN could be a good solution for them. What do you think?

1 Like

I don’t have any resources to offer, but perhaps look into basic coding courses in those languages? I’m a writer who also does some basic code work and I’ve always thought coding to be the simplest entry point for remote/gig work. Even just building basic Wordpress websites, editing HTML and CSS, etc. often pays very well and many many companies don’t care where employees are based.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply! Yes, that is really good idea. I’ve never seen the coding courses offered in one of those languages in Leipzig, but maybe I can help to build the community.

I’m also learning basic coding right now, and I can already feel that it’s going to help me financially when I’m able to do more things. Thanks for the inspirations!

Hey! Great idea if you can pull it off :slight_smile: I know there are several projects in Berlin to teach refugees how to code and ship products (you might remember this headline?).
I forgot the names, but a quick google search revealed this article about the movement.

Good luck!