How can I find a room in Vilnius, Lithuania?

Hey nomads,

I’m a filmdirector/producer and entrepreneur half german/half greek currently starting a new online startup. I’m looking forward to move to Vilnius in April and i would like to know how I can find a nice room in the center of the town.

The websites to find rooms I found so far were mostly in lithuanian and then one’s that weren’t I couldn’t find something suitable.

The best for me would be a room in a student appartment. I’d be happy if someone could help me out.

Why not throw the Lithuanian websites’ URLs into Google Translate: example. Note that “Center” option is there but it’s almost empty because the actual name of the central district is Senamiestis (Old Town). I’ve ticked both boxes for you.

Hi, Alex, please open your websites in Google Chrome, then right click … here you are, in context menu there’s an option ‘Translate to English’.

Regards, Borys

thanks a lot.
Id like to like central where the city is alive with young people. What kind of districts should I look for?

And whats the best place to look for rooms where other people look for roommates (instead of whole appartments)

The suggestion for using translator are good.
Also from personal experience found that http://www.aruodas.lt/ is great for finding the appartments in the Lithuania. They are longer term/full appartments mostly. There are a few sites to look for roommates, but they mostly don’t look any good (no info, etc) and the best choice would probably be looking FaceBook for groups like “Looking for roommate in Vilnius”.