We’re leaving on Dec 1st for a 5-month DN experience with our kids, but we have second thoughts on our journey. We were supposed to do a trip in South-East Asia (Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia). We’re from Canada, and our clients are all in Canada right now (we’re digital marketing consultants).
After comparing destinations, we’re starting the think Latin America may be a better choice to make sure we keep most of our clients during these 5 months (same timezone). Also, it seems Latin America fits our needs too :
- cheap (actually often cheaper than Chiang Mai according to Numbeo)
- great weather (sunny while less hot than Asia)
- business continuity : good wifi connection, limited time difference
- learning opportunity : one single language = great opportunity to improve our Spanish
- relaxed pace of life
- relatively safe (see countries below)
So here are our 2 options ; which one would you recommend for our criteria?
A: SEA : Thailand (Chiang Mai and a couple islands in the South), Indonesia (Bali and Lombok), Malaysia (Penang)
B: Latin America : Mexico (Playa Del Carmen/Tulum), Colombia (Medellin), Peru (Lima and other TBD towns), Chile (Santiago and other TBD towns), Argentina (Buenos Aires and other TBD towns).