Airbnb prices are definitely getting more expensive, as lots of people have started using the platform to create a new source of income.
They’re looking at it as a business, and they’re trying to maximize their earnings. You’ll see hundreds of hosts renting houses for the sole purpose of subletting their apartments on Airbnb.
This said, for long-term bookings, there are ways to land extreme discounts. I’ve been traveling for a year now, and whenever I can always prefer staying in an Airbnb as it gives me the comfort and feeling of being home.
If you are flexible with your dates (and destination), I guarantee you’ll be able to negotiate over 50% discount on bookings that are 2 weeks are longer.
Here are are a couple of reasons why hosts will give you discounts:
They are getting started with Airbnb and they want to rack up positive reviews as soon as possible.
– They prefer to make a guaranteed amount of money through one guest rather than an undefined amount with multiple guests.
– They care more about the guest being a good fit (good reviews, trustworthiness etc.) rather than making more money.
– It is off-season and they are unsure about their potential earnings.
– You are not targeting a prime location where demand is consistently high and hosts are showered with new offers every day.
– You are offering to stay for a longer period of time. This makes maintenance (cleaning, guest relations etc.) much easier for them. They get reminded how much work it is to screen, welcome and maintain guests.
I recently wrote a step-by-step guide with real-life examples on how I get huge discounts on every single one of my bookings. And by discounts, I don’t mean the automatic discounts that have been pre-set by hosts. I mean 50% on top of that.
I hope it helps!